Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Watching Closely;373014 said:
Doesn't keep anymore but worth having in the side for batting

yet probably still better than all current keepers. no disrespect intended to all current keepers, but he does keep up to anyone at any pace.

A little frustrated with the lack of effort and intent to get a start at Guild yesterday......after a fair bit of pushing and verbal, finally got a start at 3:00pm. :(

The wicket played well, they scored with clean hitting and some wickets fell as well and ended in a draw.

When you captain a side...you are curator ... and president (from what i'm told) you may need some help with all those hats on.....get some bloody help or delegate. I saw the frustration on ya face and you will burn out. Help him out Saints. You all just watched your captain do everything...piss poor effort from team mates. :mad:

as far as the wet wicket...shit happens. :rolleyes:

A little frustrated with the lack of effort and intent to get a start at Guild yesterday......after a fair bit of pushing and verbal, finally got a start at 3:00pm. :(

The wicket played well, they scored with clean hitting and some wickets fell as well and ended in a draw.

When you captain a side...you are curator ... and president (from what i'm told) you may need some help with all those hats on.....get some bloody help or delegate. I saw the frustration on ya face and you will burn out. Help him out Saints. You all just watched your captain do everything...piss poor effort from team mates. :mad:

as far as the wet wicket...shit happens. :rolleyes:

whats wrong with everyone this season, hardly any posts compared to previous years. used to be chockers on sundays with reports and opinions on all games, now its dead all week.

whats wrong with everyone this season, hardly any posts compared to previous years. used to be chockers on sundays with reports and opinions on all games, now its dead all week.

crktluva;373246 said:

No Babies Arm or Beckodelay to start any controversy. All we have now is GCA IPL spruiking the Jata Shield

crktluva;373246 said:

No Babies Arm or Beckodelay to start any controversy. All we have now is GCA IPL spruiking the Jata Shield

cow-corner;373247 said:
how did the rockets u/21s go?

got beat, unfortunately made the effort to frankston to be dissapointed, Ryan Mills made a very nice 133. supported by Matt Slater 36 and a few other contributors Janssen 20, Jayden Hicks got a few aswell must have been around 40 but didnt get his exact score. Tim Wight took Pfeiffer not many, the rest were shared around, 2 big hitters each made 100's and proved too much, North East lost 6 for under 10 and nearly cost themselves the game playing across the line but got the runs 9 down.

sorry if you were preparing a report Ants.

cow-corner;373247 said:
how did the rockets u/21s go?

got beat, unfortunately made the effort to frankston to be dissapointed, Ryan Mills made a very nice 133. supported by Matt Slater 36 and a few other contributors Janssen 20, Jayden Hicks got a few aswell must have been around 40 but didnt get his exact score. Tim Wight took Pfeiffer not many, the rest were shared around, 2 big hitters each made 100's and proved too much, North East lost 6 for under 10 and nearly cost themselves the game playing across the line but got the runs 9 down.

daniel_son_91;373257 said:

ill just add about the drop catches. one bloke made 128, i dropped him on a duck then wighty dropped him on about 70. another bloke made 108, janssen dropped him on 40. dropped catches cost us.

daniel_son_91;373257 said:

ill just add about the drop catches. one bloke made 128, i dropped him on a duck then wighty dropped him on about 70. another bloke made 108, janssen dropped him on 40. dropped catches cost us.

Anyone know the story with Waurn Ponds v Thomson in GCA2 Fourths last Saturday? Entered on MyCricket by Thomson as a Waurn Ponds forfeit but also as a disputed result - so the GCA can rule on it, presumably.

Anyone know the story with Waurn Ponds v Thomson in GCA2 Fourths last Saturday? Entered on MyCricket by Thomson as a Waurn Ponds forfeit but also as a disputed result - so the GCA can rule on it, presumably.

Look here;373368 said:

Not entirely sure on why Waurn Ponds left the field but it stems from one of the Thomson bowlers getting a wicket on his 9th over of the innings.

Obviously in the 4ths it is only 40 over a side innings with each bowler allowed a maximum of 8 overs.

Once the scorers finally told everyone that it was the 9th over the captain was happy to call the batsmen back and start the over again with a different bowler.

The scoreboard wasn't up to date neither did the scorers notify the bowler/captain/umpire that they had bowled 8 overs before the commencement of the 9th over.

Look here;373368 said:

Not entirely sure on why Waurn Ponds left the field but it stems from one of the Thomson bowlers getting a wicket on his 9th over of the innings.

Obviously in the 4ths it is only 40 over a side innings with each bowler allowed a maximum of 8 overs.

Once the scorers finally told everyone that it was the 9th over the captain was happy to call the batsmen back and start the over again with a different bowler.

The scoreboard wasn't up to date neither did the scorers notify the bowler/captain/umpire that they had bowled 8 overs before the commencement of the 9th over.

thommy_rissole;373369 said:

A controversy-packed weekend all-round then.....

A controversy-packed weekend all-round then.....

Well I beg to differ. It clearly states in the rule book that divy 2 4ths play 50 overs for the one day games. 5, 6 & 7th's play 40 overs. look under conditions of play one day games.

For some reason divy 2 4th's captains have taken it upon them self to play 40 overs & both captains agree (I don't see a problem with this) but it is against the rules.

Well I beg to differ. It clearly states in the rule book that divy 2 4ths play 50 overs for the one day games. 5, 6 & 7th's play 40 overs. look under conditions of play one day games.

For some reason divy 2 4th's captains have taken it upon them self to play 40 overs & both captains agree (I don't see a problem with this) but it is against the rules.

Hard Hitter;373381 said:

This must be a new rule bought in for this season? Not that the above post is very relevant to the point I was trying to get across.

Hard Hitter;373381 said:

This must be a new rule bought in for this season? Not that the above post is very relevant to the point I was trying to get across.

Hard Hitter;373381 said:

you love that rule book mate.

Hard Hitter;373381 said:

you love that rule book mate.

thommy_rissole;373386 said:

Checked last seasons rule book and it is the same as this year 50 overs divy 2 4ths.

thommy_rissole;373386 said:

Checked last seasons rule book and it is the same as this year 50 overs divy 2 4ths.

Hard Hitter;373402 said:

Although only briefly looking I couldn't see any 50 over a side Division 2 4th XI games anywhere on my cricket last season. No one it seems was playing by the rules :rolleyes:

Hard Hitter;373402 said:

Although only briefly looking I couldn't see any 50 over a side Division 2 4th XI games anywhere on my cricket last season. No one it seems was playing by the rules :rolleyes:

thommy_rissole;373407 said:

That would be correct. As I said, somewhere along the way captains must have agreed to play 40 overs. (I don't see any problem with this & the GCA have obviously not enforced it) it's just not the rule. not going on about it anymore, I'm sure people can look it up ...:D

thommy_rissole;373407 said:

That would be correct. As I said, somewhere along the way captains must have agreed to play 40 overs. (I don't see any problem with this & the GCA have obviously not enforced it) it's just not the rule. not going on about it anymore, I'm sure people can look it up ...:D

Hard Hitter;373381 said:

The information I got was that Div 2 4ths was this season supposed to be the same draw as 1sts, 2nds, 3rds; ie including two-day cricket. Last season was a one-off as many club's had 4ths sides playing 5ths, 6ths, etc. I believe this is how it should be. Playing 40-over one day cricket does not prepare a side to play 75-over two day cricket the next season should the club be promoted. I understand and appreciate both sides of the argument here however. I'm not sure about other clubs but have been informed that the 4ths draw had been changed last week. Our 4ths were certainly preparing to play a two day game V Murgheboluc last round before it was pointed out that things had been changed. 'Look Here' may be able to shed some light. As far as captain's coming to an agreement to play 40 over games...once again, against the rules; it isn't a 40 over comp. If you are making your own rules up as you go along, don't expect the GCA to stand by you with any controversies. I reckon any dispute in that 4ths game WP V Thomson should be thrown out.

Hard Hitter;373381 said:

The information I got was that Div 2 4ths was this season supposed to be the same draw as 1sts, 2nds, 3rds; ie including two-day cricket. Last season was a one-off as many club's had 4ths sides playing 5ths, 6ths, etc. I believe this is how it should be. Playing 40-over one day cricket does not prepare a side to play 75-over two day cricket the next season should the club be promoted. I understand and appreciate both sides of the argument here however. I'm not sure about other clubs but have been informed that the 4ths draw had been changed last week. Our 4ths were certainly preparing to play a two day game V Murgheboluc last round before it was pointed out that things had been changed. 'Look Here' may be able to shed some light. As far as captain's coming to an agreement to play 40 over games...once again, against the rules; it isn't a 40 over comp. If you are making your own rules up as you go along, don't expect the GCA to stand by you with any controversies. I reckon any dispute in that 4ths game WP V Thomson should be thrown out.

The GCA2 Fourths is currently a very confused situation. Renny is correct - 2 weeks ago Murghe had all 11 4ths players at the ground well before the start of play (a surprise in itself) and at 1.00pm there was no-one from St Peter's there. When Hodgey (who was captaining the Saints) turned up, he was disbelieving that it wasn't a 2-day game. A look at the MyCricket draw didn't make the situation much clearer as the 1sts/2nds/3rds draw had been cut and pasted for the 4ths and only amended for the round about to take place to show it as a one-dayer, and nothing was shown for the following 2 or 3 Saturdays, probably leading some who saw it to believe it indeed was a 2-day comp.

Last season the majority of GCA2 clubs requested 4ths be all 40-over 1-dayers after being given this option by the GCA, but this was on the eve of the season start so the GCA rulebook didn't reflect this. I don't recall this being canvassed with the clubs before this season - the GCA obviously assumed clubs would in turn assume it would be a 1-day comp but as evidenced by St Peter's, not all clubs came to the same conclusion. I don't think there has been definitive declaration by the GCA about this season's 4ths comp - it is just an implicit "understanding" (yes, dangerous, I know) based on last season, that the games would be 40 overs, not 50 (but the rule book has not been amended).

Confused!

P.S. Well done Renny on Sunday - pity you were not there to savour the moment!

The GCA2 Fourths is currently a very confused situation. Renny is correct - 2 weeks ago Murghe had all 11 4ths players at the ground well before the start of play (a surprise in itself) and at 1.00pm there was no-one from St Peter's there. When Hodgey (who was captaining the Saints) turned up, he was disbelieving that it wasn't a 2-day game. A look at the MyCricket draw didn't make the situation much clearer as the 1sts/2nds/3rds draw had been cut and pasted for the 4ths and only amended for the round about to take place to show it as a one-dayer, and nothing was shown for the following 2 or 3 Saturdays, probably leading some who saw it to believe it indeed was a 2-day comp.

Last season the majority of GCA2 clubs requested 4ths be all 40-over 1-dayers after being given this option by the GCA, but this was on the eve of the season start so the GCA rulebook didn't reflect this. I don't recall this being canvassed with the clubs before this season - the GCA obviously assumed clubs would in turn assume it would be a 1-day comp but as evidenced by St Peter's, not all clubs came to the same conclusion. I don't think there has been definitive declaration by the GCA about this season's 4ths comp - it is just an implicit "understanding" (yes, dangerous, I know) based on last season, that the games would be 40 overs, not 50 (but the rule book has not been amended).

Confused!

P.S. Well done Renny on Sunday - pity you were not there to savour the moment!

and the GCA (geelong comedy amatuers) continue there jokes. why the hell would you not at least send some official notice out to all clubs in writing so as to avoid any situations. that might make sense, better not do that.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back