Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Look here;388871 said:
They should be OK, just. I'd imagine they'll score at least the same in the off-field areas to Bell Park and do marginally better in the points derived from the club championship. Unless Bell Park can pull a few back in their games against Torquay and Marshall in the last 2 rounds. Just might mean there's a bit riding on the 1sts this Saturday when the Dragons resume on 4/46 (with Mick Brown yet to bat) chasing 109.

What about GCA1 relegation? I know it was a favourite (but factually incorrect) theme in the early days of this forum that City could never go down. So might they? Or Mano again? Or anyone else???

can someone explain to me how the skipper of lara is suspended but can still play country week this week seen his name in the paper today.the g.c.a as always make there own rules to suit themselfs.mick hasnt made a run all year so bell park no hope this week his pass it

donbradman;388909 said:
can someone explain to me how the skipper of lara is suspended but can still play country week this week seen his name in the paper today.the g.c.a as always make there own rules to suit themselfs.mick hasnt made a run all year so bell park no hope this week his pass it

Don't think it is a GCA ruling, but a VCCL ruling that one, apparently a player is still able to play if he is suspended. I wonder if that was not the case if the player may have got off !!

donbradman;388909 said:

Don't think it is a GCA ruling, but a VCCL ruling that one, apparently a player is still able to play if he is suspended. I wonder if that was not the case if the player may have got off !!

Look here;388871 said:
They should be OK, just. I'd imagine they'll score at least the same in the off-field areas to Bell Park and do marginally better in the points derived from the club championship. Unless Bell Park can pull a few back in their games against Torquay and Marshall in the last 2 rounds. Just might mean there's a bit riding on the 1sts this Saturday when the Dragons resume on 4/46 (with Mick Brown yet to bat) chasing 109.

What about GCA1 relegation? I know it was a favourite (but factually incorrect) theme in the early days of this forum that City could never go down. So might they? Or Mano again? Or anyone else???

I suppose it will come down to between Newtown, City, maybe Mano. Very close, the toughest relegation for years. One thing for sure is that the assessment system will most likely save Newtown, as in the past loosing club championship was enough to drop you down. Might be an unlucky Mano which would not be well received as they have done quiet well this season across their grades.

Look here;388871 said:

I suppose it will come down to between Newtown, City, maybe Mano. Very close, the toughest relegation for years. One thing for sure is that the assessment system will most likely save Newtown, as in the past loosing club championship was enough to drop you down. Might be an unlucky Mano which would not be well received as they have done quiet well this season across their grades.

cheer_cheer;388924 said:
Might be an unlucky Mano which would not be well received as they have done quite well this season across their grades.

They will go absolutely feral if it is them again. No shrinking violets at Mano:)

The rolling average points on the GCA Pennant webpage is an interesting read. Gives Newtown a good safety margin even though they're at the wrong end of this season's club championship. Also interesting that Geelong West have been so lowly rated. Shows winning the flag is not everything (as Bell Post Hill will recall).

cheer_cheer;388924 said:
Might be an unlucky Mano which would not be well received as they have done quite well this season across their grades.

They will go absolutely feral if it is them again. No shrinking violets at Mano:)

The rolling average points on the GCA Pennant webpage is an interesting read. Gives Newtown a good safety margin even though they're at the wrong end of this season's club championship. Also interesting that Geelong West have been so lowly rated. Shows winning the flag is not everything (as Bell Post Hill will recall).

what it shows is that the GCA relegation system is still an absolute ridiculous joke. surely common sense should prevail, its bloody simple, the best 12 clubs on field should play div 1, grade it from 1st to 4ths. nothing else should matter. we just want the best cricket being played in div 1. never any arguments when it was based on clun championships. it only turned to crap when dewy, fisher, dempsey all got their backs up about bell post hill dominating over 2 years. thats fact not opinion!!!

what it shows is that the GCA relegation system is still an absolute ridiculous joke. surely common sense should prevail, its bloody simple, the best 12 clubs on field should play div 1, grade it from 1st to 4ths. nothing else should matter. we just want the best cricket being played in div 1. never any arguments when it was based on clun championships. it only turned to crap when dewy, fisher, dempsey all got their backs up about bell post hill dominating over 2 years. thats fact not opinion!!!

cheer_cheer;388924 said:

what a shame to c city ore newtown go down that would be great both them sides have give it to as for many years now its there turn.and yes the hill won 2 out of 3 g/f than the fellowing year the g.c.a put them in div 2

cheer_cheer;388924 said:

what a shame to c city ore newtown go down that would be great both them sides have give it to as for many years now its there turn.and yes the hill won 2 out of 3 g/f than the fellowing year the g.c.a put them in div 2

would be a shame and unfair to see mano go down, they have been put into div 1 and done better than some other sides in a short time. newtown and city, both a protected species, but ya cant be good forever, i think one of them should go down, who ever has performed worse on field is my tip.

would be a shame and unfair to see mano go down, they have been put into div 1 and done better than some other sides in a short time. newtown and city, both a protected species, but ya cant be good forever, i think one of them should go down, who ever has performed worse on field is my tip.

thommy_rissole;389652 said:
South or North Geelong for the last finals spot?

I'm tipping South in a tight one, only because it's their home game.

im with you thommy souths for me north no good south would be a chance to go on in to the s/f more big game players

thommy_rissole;389652 said:
South or North Geelong for the last finals spot?

I'm tipping South in a tight one, only because it's their home game.

im with you thommy souths for me north no good south would be a chance to go on in to the s/f more big game players

donbradman;389667 said:

everyone has there own opinions i guess.... should be a good game.. south would have been 1 of the first picked for my top 6 at the start of the year so yerr i guess its either us or them...

and donbradman.. are u from bell park... interesting result on the weekend for them.. bottom 3 batsman all young blokes contributing to the victory.. and all play or have played juniors at north.. tommy mathiesons guna be a good cricketer... wouldnt mind having him back at north full time

donbradman;389667 said:

everyone has there own opinions i guess.... should be a good game.. south would have been 1 of the first picked for my top 6 at the start of the year so yerr i guess its either us or them...

and donbradman.. are u from bell park... interesting result on the weekend for them.. bottom 3 batsman all young blokes contributing to the victory.. and all play or have played juniors at north.. tommy mathiesons guna be a good cricketer... wouldnt mind having him back at north full time

I Bowl Meat Pies;389679 said:

no mate not from bell park but no a few guys there they were rapt about the win and they do have sum good kids if browny can keep on top of them

I Bowl Meat Pies;389679 said:

no mate not from bell park but no a few guys there they were rapt about the win and they do have sum good kids if browny can keep on top of them

donbradman;389667 said:

We're no good? So we got to where we are today by being no good? Chop..we beat South last time, they didn;t have Ando, we didn;t have Fergy, so once again it should be a good match. To say we're no good is completely ridiculous.

donbradman;389667 said:

We're no good? So we got to where we are today by being no good? Chop..we beat South last time, they didn;t have Ando, we didn;t have Fergy, so once again it should be a good match. To say we're no good is completely ridiculous.

sam hall back to back tons, and the freak (fergy)turned up to play. if those two stay in form with the old legend coming in after them, north could get past first week of finals in my opinion. batting sides win flags, not bowling. make high 200's batting first you win 9/10.

sam hall back to back tons, and the freak (fergy)turned up to play. if those two stay in form with the old legend coming in after them, north could get past first week of finals in my opinion. batting sides win flags, not bowling. make high 200's batting first you win 9/10.

crktluva;390192 said:

Well batted Hally! Back-to-back is a huge effort which doesn't happen very often.

North still have to win this game first to get into the finals. So don't get to carried away there crktluva ;)

320 at South Barwon is gettable, especially with South's batting line-up but I am backing the magpies in from here.

Good day watching cricket Ants? hopefully get your subs re-imbursed after doing nothing haha :D

crktluva;390192 said:

Well batted Hally! Back-to-back is a huge effort which doesn't happen very often.

North still have to win this game first to get into the finals. So don't get to carried away there crktluva ;)

320 at South Barwon is gettable, especially with South's batting line-up but I am backing the magpies in from here.

Good day watching cricket Ants? hopefully get your subs re-imbursed after doing nothing haha :D

thommy_rissole;390418 said:

great day watching cricket. Both blokes batted really well, thinking back over the day, I don't think Fergy even played and missed once, not including balls that went flying down the leg side. And yeh, Sam getting two tons in 8 days, so happy for him. Let's just hope we can repay them next week and win the game.

thommy_rissole;390418 said:

great day watching cricket. Both blokes batted really well, thinking back over the day, I don't think Fergy even played and missed once, not including balls that went flying down the leg side. And yeh, Sam getting two tons in 8 days, so happy for him. Let's just hope we can repay them next week and win the game.

REST OF SEASON TIPS ALL DIVISIONS

Grand Finalists:
Div1 Geelong West to def Grovedale
Div2 Thomson to def Guild
Div3 St Albans to def Moddewarre:cool:

Player of the year:

Div1 Fanning
Div2 Bentley
Div3 Murray

Demotion:Geelong City & Bell Park
Promotion: Thomson & St Albans

Grand Finalists:

Player of the year:

Div1 Fanning
Div2 Bentley
Div3 Murray

what will muzza do with the 3 goats and 2 sheep for player of the year, sell em back to the other clubs and put the money over the bar on cricket trip i say. :D

what will muzza do with the 3 goats and 2 sheep for player of the year, sell em back to the other clubs and put the money over the bar on cricket trip i say. :D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;390536 said:

Grand Finalists:

Player of the year:

Div1 Fanning
Div2 Bentley
Div3 Murray

div 1 west to beat lara
div 2thomson to beat guild. div 3 st albans to beat anyone it dosn,t matter who they play

Grand Finalists:

Player of the year:

Div1 Fanning
Div2 Bentley
Div3 Murray

div 1 west to beat lara
div 2thomson to beat guild. div 3 st albans to beat anyone it dosn,t matter who they play

Grand Finalists:

Player of the year:

Div1 Fanning
Div2 Bentley
Div3 Murray

Div 1: Grovedale V East Belmont
Div 2: Thomson V St Peters
Div 3: St Albans-Break V Teesdale

Div 1: Cairns
Div 2: O'Neill
Div 3: Murray

Grand Finalists:

Player of the year:

Div1 Fanning
Div2 Bentley
Div3 Murray

Renny24;391017 said:

Div 1 Grovedale win smokey North Geelong
Div 2 Thomson win smokey St. Peters
Div 3 St. Albans/break win by how far :eek:

Div1 Fanning
Div 2 Evans/Bentley Tie ;)
Div 3 Murray

Renny24;391017 said:

Div1 Fanning
Div 3 Murray

Hard Hitter;391079 said:

Div1 Fanning
Div 3 Murray

div1: north to beat grovey
div2:thommy to beat highton :eek: (HOPEFULLY)
div3: st.albans to win by squlions!!

div1: cairns
div2:bentley
div:MURRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back