Hard Hitter;391079 said:
Div 1 Grovedale win smokey North Geelong
Div 2 Thomson win smokey St. Peters
Div 3 St. Albans/break win by how far :eek:

Div1 Fanning
Div 2 Evans/Bentley Tie ;)
Div 3 Murray

div1: north to beat grovey
div2:thommy to beat highton :eek: (HOPEFULLY)
div3: st.albans to win by squlions!!

div1: cairns
div2:bentley
div:MURRY

Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

dazza_whats_the_score;391104 said:

North still have to confirm their spot in the six yet and with them loosing their wildcard bowler Kingwell it does take away some of their x-factor. Good batting team but we did not get past top 4. I think in Division One Geelong West are the team to beat again. They have a good bowling attack to support their great batting line-up. Really it is the tighest race for a Division One flag for years. It shows in this case the top six is a great idea !!

Div 2 Thomson or St Peter's

Div 3 St Albans unless they play their worse game of the season on the last day of the season !

Medals - Div 1 - NOT HORNET !!

North still have to confirm their spot in the six yet and with them loosing their wildcard bowler Kingwell it does take away some of their x-factor. Good batting team but we did not get past top 4. I think in Division One Geelong West are the team to beat again. They have a good bowling attack to support their great batting line-up. Really it is the tighest race for a Division One flag for years. It shows in this case the top six is a great idea !!

Div 2 Thomson or St Peter's

Div 3 St Albans unless they play their worse game of the season on the last day of the season !

Medals - Div 1 - NOT HORNET !!

Div 1-Lara, the bambury and yates show to go nuts when it counts DISCALIMER: Providing weather doesnt ruin the finals again.

Div 2-Thommy easy

Div 3-St Albans in a day and a bit max.

MEDALS

Div 1- Fanning, Cairns
Div 2- Bentley,Benci
Div 3- Muzza by shitloads

Div 1-Lara, the bambury and yates show to go nuts when it counts DISCALIMER: Providing weather doesnt ruin the finals again.

Div 2-Thommy easy

MEDALS

Div 1- Fanning, Cairns
Div 2- Bentley,Benci

div1, fanno or cairns
div2, bentley and adam wray to tough it out
div3, muzz by a street

div1, fanno or cairns
div3, muzz by a street

i think ive got bentley covered pencil in 11!!:D
pencil in 11;391392 said:
div1, fanno or cairns
div3, muzz by a street

i think ive got bentley covered pencil in 11!!:D
pencil in 11;391392 said:
div1, fanno or cairns
div3, muzz by a street

crktluva;391163 said:
Div 2-Thommy easy

MEDALS

Div 1- Fanning, Cairns
Div 2- Bentley,Benci

Better not play any finals at East Belmont then!!!!! They don't mind under preparing finals wickets unless THEY are playing on them! Funny that!

crktluva;391163 said:
Div 2-Thommy easy

MEDALS

Div 1- Fanning, Cairns
Div 2- Bentley,Benci

Better not play any finals at East Belmont then!!!!! They don't mind under preparing finals wickets unless THEY are playing on them! Funny that!

fineleg2fineleg;391603 said:

Winter Reserve track not playable last Sunday for GCA2 match Waurn Ponds v Murghe. Not sure whether it was even covered once rain started falling Saturday afternoon during East Belmont v Leopold. Should GCA sanction them?!?!?

fineleg2fineleg;391603 said:

Winter Reserve track not playable last Sunday for GCA2 match Waurn Ponds v Murghe. Not sure whether it was even covered once rain started falling Saturday afternoon during East Belmont v Leopold. Should GCA sanction them?!?!?

Division 1
East Belmont v North Geelong @ Grovedale
East are a good all round side and deserved to finish on top of the ladder. Hopefully we can continue our form from last round with the bat, and the game before with the ball and get over the line.

Geelong West v Lara @ East Belmont
With Talarico and Loftus back and in form, it's hard to see Geelong West losing, but like someone mentioned earlier, Bambury and Yates are just as likely to get a big score. I'm tipping West.

Grovedale v St Josephs @ Lara
Another good game, and a tough one to tip. I say whoever wins the toss will bat and set a target of 200 plus and win the game.

Division 2
Thomson v Torquay @ Newcomb
The Thommy Tigs haven't lost a game and I can't see it starting now. They have too much class and are looking to avenge last years grand final loss.

St Peters v Alexander Thomson @ North Geelong
Don;t really know too much about either of these sides, but it seems AT are more reliant on one player, so I'll tip St peters.

Guild v Highton @ Memorial Park
Guild have just kept on winning this year, and I expect them to keep that going in finals.

Division 3
St Albans v Little River @ Modewarre
Hopefully Toddy Elsey gets a ton and Little River knock St Albans off just to throw a spanner in the works. Unlikely, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Teesdale v Corio Bay @ Lethbridge
Teesdale have way more class than Corio Bay and will win.

Lethbridge v Modewarre @ Winchelsea
Ummmmm, Modewarre?

Division 1
East are a good all round side and deserved to finish on top of the ladder. Hopefully we can continue our form from last round with the bat, and the game before with the ball and get over the line.

With Talarico and Loftus back and in form, it's hard to see Geelong West losing, but like someone mentioned earlier, Bambury and Yates are just as likely to get a big score. I'm tipping West.

Another good game, and a tough one to tip. I say whoever wins the toss will bat and set a target of 200 plus and win the game.

Division 2
The Thommy Tigs haven't lost a game and I can't see it starting now. They have too much class and are looking to avenge last years grand final loss.

Don;t really know too much about either of these sides, but it seems AT are more reliant on one player, so I'll tip St peters.

Guild have just kept on winning this year, and I expect them to keep that going in finals.

Division 3
Hopefully Toddy Elsey gets a ton and Little River knock St Albans off just to throw a spanner in the works. Unlikely, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Teesdale have way more class than Corio Bay and will win.

Ummmmm, Modewarre?

Look here;391655 said:

Sunday was not too bad until after 6-ish so if it had of been covered on Saturday when the rain started it may have been okay, but did they not want to wreck the square for finals because it was only Div 2 ?? Would have the covers been on if it was their own home game on the Sunday ?? Interesting.

Look here;391655 said:

Sunday was not too bad until after 6-ish so if it had of been covered on Saturday when the rain started it may have been okay, but did they not want to wreck the square for finals because it was only Div 2 ?? Would have the covers been on if it was their own home game on the Sunday ?? Interesting.

Division 1
East Belmont have had a very consistent 2nd half of the season. but no one, is able to overcome North Geelong who could be irresistible at best. North to make a statement to open the campaign.

West have on paper the best side, Lara will win the match if they bat first provided 2or3 of there 6-7 good batsmen get a score.all Lara bowlers are all miserly and can make 230-260 very defendable. this ones all on the coin toss.

St Joeys for mine. Grovey have the experience in finals but will be overrun by a younger, faster Joeys.

Division 2
Will be watching this one closely from my home pavilion. hard to see Thomson being beaten. but torquay have the ability to score over 300 against any attack, they just need to pull there fingers out. and snap there post christmas drought. i remember Bourkey likes Grinter Reserve, but so did Strods & Bentley.

St Peters by a street. AT have improved greatly but are still no premiership side.

Guild should win pretty comfortably. Highton are pretty 2nd rate. no real match winner in the highton side.

Division 3
If there was an upset chance Little River are the side that COULD do it. but its extremely doubtful. St Albans v Teesdale grand final.

Teesdale easy. theyll make 250 and bowl CB for 80-120. Will the great Johnny Cahill get a finals call up to the 1's ?

Lethbridge over Modda. even without there best 15 yr old batsmen

Division 1
East Belmont have had a very consistent 2nd half of the season. but no one, is able to overcome North Geelong who could be irresistible at best. North to make a statement to open the campaign.

West have on paper the best side, Lara will win the match if they bat first provided 2or3 of there 6-7 good batsmen get a score.all Lara bowlers are all miserly and can make 230-260 very defendable. this ones all on the coin toss.

St Joeys for mine. Grovey have the experience in finals but will be overrun by a younger, faster Joeys.

Division 2
Will be watching this one closely from my home pavilion. hard to see Thomson being beaten. but torquay have the ability to score over 300 against any attack, they just need to pull there fingers out. and snap there post christmas drought. i remember Bourkey likes Grinter Reserve, but so did Strods & Bentley.

St Peters by a street. AT have improved greatly but are still no premiership side.

Guild should win pretty comfortably. Highton are pretty 2nd rate. no real match winner in the highton side.

Division 3
If there was an upset chance Little River are the side that COULD do it. but its extremely doubtful. St Albans v Teesdale grand final.

Teesdale easy. theyll make 250 and bowl CB for 80-120. Will the great Johnny Cahill get a finals call up to the 1's ?

Lethbridge over Modda. even without there best 15 yr old batsmen

Division 1
Game this season: RD11 NG 161 (A.Clarke 43 M.Caulfield 4-34) def by EB 5/231 (M.Hanley 100* H.McDonald 51)

Hard to go past East Belmont in this one, they easily accounted for North last time they met and I'd expect them too again, unless Ferg and Sam Hall can pull off something similar to last week.

Game(s) this season: RD9 one-day GW 7/200(cc) (S.Loftus 74 M.Chapple 59 N.Yates 4-36) def Lara 181 (C.Bambury 67 T.Wight 3-33)

Geelong West will end Lara's season as long as they can get Bambury early.

Game(s) this season: RD2 one-day Grove 8/234(cc) (N.Peterson 126, G.Yelland 61, D.Morgan 4-29) def StJ 149 (B.Tsitas 4-33, G.Harper 3-33)
RD13: Grove 249 (S.Pearce 80, M.Evans 70, D.Grant 3-38, D.Morgan 3-54) drew StJ 1/46

Grovedale and Joeys will play out the game of the round, I'm tipping Grovedale in a close game that will go down to the last wicket/over either way.

Division 2
Game(s) this season: RD10 Thom 236 (C.Strods 53, S.O'Neill 52) def Torq 152 (P.Featherston 4-24)

I'd expect this one to almost be over by Saturday night, Thomson to have either batted Torquay out of it with 300-350 on the fast Grinter reserve, or to have bowled Torquay out for under 170.

Game(s) this season: RD1 one-day StP 84 (L.Benci 4-18) lost AT 4/86
RD12 StP 224 (S.Illingworth 77) def AT 79 (C.Lamb 5-23) & 5/138

St Peters easily for me, and are the only real danger to Thomson

Game(s) this season: RD9 GS 207 def High 137 (W.Kelly 4-42)

Guild should get home in this one and end a somewhat disappointing season for Highton.

Division 3

Game(s) this season: RD3 one day SA 8/274(cc) (B.Cartwright 58*) def LR 154 (T.Elsey 95, M.Featherston 4-2)

Hopefully we're good enough in this one, Little River are the in form side of late and will be confident of keeping there season alive into a 2nd week.

Game(s) so far: RD1 one day Tees 6/232(cc) (S.Haberfield 77, S.Campbell 55*) def CB 112 (R.Campbell 4-18)
RD12 CB 77 & 162 ( A.Woods 4-22) lost Tees 6/146 (S.Haberfield 64*) & 8/82 (C.Wangman 6-41)

This will be interesting with Corio Bay almost backdooring Teesdale the other week, Ebborn the key for Corio Bay but I'm tipping Teesdale

Game(s) this season: RD2 one day Leth 255 (C.Dillon 91, J.O'Neill 68, C.Rashleigh 4-43) def Mod 128 (P.Stewart 4-17)
RD13 Mod 165 (N.Broster 4-27) drew Leth 6/106 (D.Hermans 4-33)

Lethbridge were probably the most impressive side we've played this season, they've got a very attacking batting lineup and an honest bowling side. Hard to pick a winner here but I'll go with Lethbridge JUST.

Division 1
Game this season: RD11 NG 161 (A.Clarke 43 M.Caulfield 4-34) def by EB 5/231 (M.Hanley 100* H.McDonald 51)

Hard to go past East Belmont in this one, they easily accounted for North last time they met and I'd expect them too again, unless Ferg and Sam Hall can pull off something similar to last week.

Game(s) this season: RD9 one-day GW 7/200(cc) (S.Loftus 74 M.Chapple 59 N.Yates 4-36) def Lara 181 (C.Bambury 67 T.Wight 3-33)

Geelong West will end Lara's season as long as they can get Bambury early.

Game(s) this season: RD2 one-day Grove 8/234(cc) (N.Peterson 126, G.Yelland 61, D.Morgan 4-29) def StJ 149 (B.Tsitas 4-33, G.Harper 3-33)
RD13: Grove 249 (S.Pearce 80, M.Evans 70, D.Grant 3-38, D.Morgan 3-54) drew StJ 1/46

Grovedale and Joeys will play out the game of the round, I'm tipping Grovedale in a close game that will go down to the last wicket/over either way.

Division 2
Game(s) this season: RD10 Thom 236 (C.Strods 53, S.O'Neill 52) def Torq 152 (P.Featherston 4-24)

I'd expect this one to almost be over by Saturday night, Thomson to have either batted Torquay out of it with 300-350 on the fast Grinter reserve, or to have bowled Torquay out for under 170.

Game(s) this season: RD1 one-day StP 84 (L.Benci 4-18) lost AT 4/86
RD12 StP 224 (S.Illingworth 77) def AT 79 (C.Lamb 5-23) & 5/138

St Peters easily for me, and are the only real danger to Thomson

Game(s) this season: RD9 GS 207 def High 137 (W.Kelly 4-42)

Guild should get home in this one and end a somewhat disappointing season for Highton.

Division 3

Game(s) this season: RD3 one day SA 8/274(cc) (B.Cartwright 58*) def LR 154 (T.Elsey 95, M.Featherston 4-2)

Hopefully we're good enough in this one, Little River are the in form side of late and will be confident of keeping there season alive into a 2nd week.

Game(s) so far: RD1 one day Tees 6/232(cc) (S.Haberfield 77, S.Campbell 55*) def CB 112 (R.Campbell 4-18)
RD12 CB 77 & 162 ( A.Woods 4-22) lost Tees 6/146 (S.Haberfield 64*) & 8/82 (C.Wangman 6-41)

This will be interesting with Corio Bay almost backdooring Teesdale the other week, Ebborn the key for Corio Bay but I'm tipping Teesdale

Game(s) this season: RD2 one day Leth 255 (C.Dillon 91, J.O'Neill 68, C.Rashleigh 4-43) def Mod 128 (P.Stewart 4-17)
RD13 Mod 165 (N.Broster 4-27) drew Leth 6/106 (D.Hermans 4-33)

Lethbridge were probably the most impressive side we've played this season, they've got a very attacking batting lineup and an honest bowling side. Hard to pick a winner here but I'll go with Lethbridge JUST.

Look here;391655 said:

huh!! good luck with that, the GCA pres is an east belmnt player remember, which means they should know better.

Look here;391655 said:

huh!! good luck with that, the GCA pres is an east belmnt player remember, which means they should know better.

crktluva;391884 said:

Curses! I thought that line would reel you in with an angry anti-GCA response. You are getting mellow in your old age crktluva!

By the way, you're right, I don't expect anything will come of it.

crktluva;391884 said:

Curses! I thought that line would reel you in with an angry anti-GCA response. You are getting mellow in your old age crktluva!

By the way, you're right, I don't expect anything will come of it.

Look here;392097 said:

Dont worry, i thought about it, but decided you all prob know my real thoughts and agree so why burst a blood vessel.

Look here;392097 said:

Dont worry, i thought about it, but decided you all prob know my real thoughts and agree so why burst a blood vessel.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;391719 said:
Division 3

little river still having nightmares

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;391719 said:
Division 3

little river still having nightmares

crktluva;391884 said:

lets not talk about the pres because he is a c---h---.and lets talk about who now my sides out will win the big one in 2 weeks,after lara beat west i will now tip lara to win it just vs west in 2 weeks i hope, 2 good blokes there at lara, west all big heads and east they all think there superstars.

crktluva;391884 said:

lets not talk about the pres because he is a c---h---.and lets talk about who now my sides out will win the big one in 2 weeks,after lara beat west i will now tip lara to win it just vs west in 2 weeks i hope, 2 good blokes there at lara, west all big heads and east they all think there superstars.

Shut this forum down please. Nobosy gives a stuff anymore, may as well not have it. its one less useless thingi gotta check on to see if anyone has said anything. Come on admin, shut it down.:mad::mad:

Shut this forum down please. Nobosy gives a stuff anymore, may as well not have it. its one less useless thingi gotta check on to see if anyone has said anything. Come on admin, shut it down.:mad::mad:

crktluva;393030 said:

lol settle down mate, only a forum after all.

thought we did a pretty good job on the saturday of our game restricting east belmont to 171, we thought 200 would be a par score before the day started. sure we had them 5 for stuff all, but there was always going to be a partnership. we picked the wrong day to bat like *******s though. hate how we made 2-320 the game before finals, and then got rolled for 112 the next match. frustrating. east blokes all bowled well though, and marco did a great job for us, the only one who stood up and could be counted.

next weeks games are west v east and joeys v lara, but I don;t know the grounds yet. I have a funny feeling that West will get over there disappointing game from last week and beat East. And I think Joeys will beat Lara.

On a side note, our game was the only Division 1 Firsts match to not have two umpires, and we were playing the top side. How can that happen?

crktluva;393030 said:

lol settle down mate, only a forum after all.

thought we did a pretty good job on the saturday of our game restricting east belmont to 171, we thought 200 would be a par score before the day started. sure we had them 5 for stuff all, but there was always going to be a partnership. we picked the wrong day to bat like *******s though. hate how we made 2-320 the game before finals, and then got rolled for 112 the next match. frustrating. east blokes all bowled well though, and marco did a great job for us, the only one who stood up and could be counted.

next weeks games are west v east and joeys v lara, but I don;t know the grounds yet. I have a funny feeling that West will get over there disappointing game from last week and beat East. And I think Joeys will beat Lara.

On a side note, our game was the only Division 1 Firsts match to not have two umpires, and we were playing the top side. How can that happen?

crktluva;393030 said:

Redbacks unlucky on Sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "SUPERSAINTS" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that St Albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "Super Saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the Redbacks.....

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........:p

crktluva;393030 said:

Redbacks unlucky on Sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "SUPERSAINTS" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that St Albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "Super Saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the Redbacks.....

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back