Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

crktluva;393136 said:
The redbacks won in the thirds, congratulations.:rolleyes:

Gee Thanks, ckluva. It's great to get recognition through all grades. Redbacks had all four teams in finals this year. We haven't made the GF yet, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as to how we go. Why don't you join our Facebook site. We'd love to have you as a member.:rolleyes:

crktluva;393136 said:

Gee Thanks, ckluva. It's great to get recognition through all grades. Redbacks had all four teams in finals this year. We haven't made the GF yet, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as to how we go. Why don't you join our Facebook site. We'd love to have you as a member.:rolleyes:

Redback;393124 said:
Redbacks unlucky on Sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "SUPERSAINTS" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that St Albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "Super Saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the Redbacks.....

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........

Well done on your ALMOST win
icon14.gif
:rolleyes:

By the way we only sing our song when we win, I thought that's how it works:confused: Apparently not at Little River:eek:

Redback;393124 said:
Redbacks unlucky on Sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "SUPERSAINTS" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that St Albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "Super Saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the Redbacks.....

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........

Well done on your ALMOST win
icon14.gif
:rolleyes:

By the way we only sing our song when we win, I thought that's how it works:confused: Apparently not at Little River:eek:

Waurn Ponds and Thomson in GCA2 4ths developing quite a rivalry. First the WPCC walk-off earlier in the season, now the dramas as per page 3 of today's Addy (Tuesday).

Yes Little River "almost" beat SABCC in GCA3 1sts. Would have been the upset of the season. Based on the actual results last weekend, I'll go with St Peter's (6th) over Thomson (top) in GCA2 2nds being the biggest surprise, especially considering the ease of the Saints' win (7 wickets). Teesdale getting rolled in GCA3 1sts by Corio Bay also not expected, especially seeing as it wasn't Ebborn who stitched them up.

Waurn Ponds and Thomson in GCA2 4ths developing quite a rivalry. First the WPCC walk-off earlier in the season, now the dramas as per page 3 of today's Addy (Tuesday).

Yes Little River "almost" beat SABCC in GCA3 1sts. Would have been the upset of the season. Based on the actual results last weekend, I'll go with St Peter's (6th) over Thomson (top) in GCA2 2nds being the biggest surprise, especially considering the ease of the Saints' win (7 wickets). Teesdale getting rolled in GCA3 1sts by Corio Bay also not expected, especially seeing as it wasn't Ebborn who stitched them up.

redback;393124 said:
redbacks unlucky on sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "supersaints" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that st albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "super saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the redbacks.....

one last thing, we sang our song after the game to..........:p

hahaha what????

redback;393124 said:
redbacks unlucky on sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "supersaints" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that st albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "super saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the redbacks.....

one last thing, we sang our song after the game to..........:p

hahaha what????

Look here;393183 said:

sour grapes by the sounds of it. that walk off day, the captain got his bat and ball and went home......... DISGRACE!!!!!!

Look here;393183 said:

sour grapes by the sounds of it. that walk off day, the captain got his bat and ball and went home......... DISGRACE!!!!!!

Redback;393124 said:

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........:p

hahaha we smashed u guys 3 times this year. i agree u deserved to win stalbans played their worst game of the year and you guys played your best:D. i had to laugh at your so called gun bat mouthing millsy then running of the pitch when he had to face him we r still laughing at stalbans.

Redback;393124 said:

hahaha we smashed u guys 3 times this year. i agree u deserved to win stalbans played their worst game of the year and you guys played your best:D. i had to laugh at your so called gun bat mouthing millsy then running of the pitch when he had to face him we r still laughing at stalbans.

Babies Arm;393186 said:

what you read in the addy what you actually see are 2 different things, i happen to be at the game and there were no racial taunts, and no crying.
If any of these accusations that Breen had supplied the addy been true in the 1st place wouldnt the umpire intervene and write reports himself and have words with the thomson players, i would think so.
Also noticed after the game had finished, the waurn ponds captain who is of Indian decent walked towards 1 of the players and shook his hand and said congrats and all the very best for the rest of the finals and hope you bring home the flag. would you think that a person who has supposebly been taunted with racial abuse say that to 1 of the players that happens to be 1 of the 10, i think not. Rest my case

Babies Arm;393186 said:

what you read in the addy what you actually see are 2 different things, i happen to be at the game and there were no racial taunts, and no crying.
If any of these accusations that Breen had supplied the addy been true in the 1st place wouldnt the umpire intervene and write reports himself and have words with the thomson players, i would think so.
Also noticed after the game had finished, the waurn ponds captain who is of Indian decent walked towards 1 of the players and shook his hand and said congrats and all the very best for the rest of the finals and hope you bring home the flag. would you think that a person who has supposebly been taunted with racial abuse say that to 1 of the players that happens to be 1 of the 10, i think not. Rest my case

Redback;393124 said:

cmon toddy dont b a sore loser..

Redback;393124 said:

cmon toddy dont b a sore loser..

GCA Preliminary Finals
DIV1:

East Belmont v Geelong West @ Burdoo Reserve
Game(s) this season: RD8 one-day- GW 175 def EB 158 (J.Cook 4-31)
I'm tipping East Belmont to win this one, hard to see west bouncing bat after batting so bad on the weekend.

St Joseph's v Lara @ Winter Reserve
Game(s) this season: RD1 one day- StJ 3/221 (D.Fanning 96, I.Courtney 69) def Lara 96
RD12- StJ 6/187 (D.Fanning 66) lost Lara 8/215 (N.Yates 87)

I'm going with Lara here, I think Bambury is due for a match winning innings.

DIV2:

Thomson v St Peters @ Stinton oval
Game(s) this season: Thomson 8/214 (S.O'Neill 53, L.Guthridge 4-54) drew St Peters
Can't go past Thomson here, think they'll win but maybe not as comfortably as some think.

Guild v Alexander Thomson @ Grinter Reserve
Game(s) this season: RD3 one day- Guild 8/173(cc) (J.Larkins 95) def AT 81 (W.Kelly 5-19)

Guild will win here I'd expect as long as they can see Benci off with the ball early on.

DIV3:

St Albans/Breakwater v Teesdale @ Modda#2
Game(s) this season: RD11 StAB 196 (J.Murray 40) def Teesdale 171 (J.Wishart 40, J.Murray 4-49)

Two evenly matched sides will come down to who plays better over the two days. Key players missing from both side earlier in the year; A.Woods & S.Campbell for Teesdale and C.Hester & J.Miller for St Albans.

Moddewarre v Corio Bay @ Lethbidge
Game(s) this season: RD6 Corio Bay 64 (M.Ebborn 33*, D.Hermans 6-40, R.Waters 4-15) & 7/138 lost Moddewarre 175 (S.Hovey 53, C.Wangman 6-39)

Tough game to call, Corio Bay are very hit and miss and after a great win last week over Teesdale they may not be able to play that well two games in a row. I think Moddewarre might be too good in this one, just.

GCA Preliminary Finals
DIV1:

East Belmont v Geelong West @ Burdoo Reserve
Game(s) this season: RD8 one-day- GW 175 def EB 158 (J.Cook 4-31)
I'm tipping East Belmont to win this one, hard to see west bouncing bat after batting so bad on the weekend.

St Joseph's v Lara @ Winter Reserve
Game(s) this season: RD1 one day- StJ 3/221 (D.Fanning 96, I.Courtney 69) def Lara 96
RD12- StJ 6/187 (D.Fanning 66) lost Lara 8/215 (N.Yates 87)

I'm going with Lara here, I think Bambury is due for a match winning innings.

DIV2:

Thomson v St Peters @ Stinton oval
Game(s) this season: Thomson 8/214 (S.O'Neill 53, L.Guthridge 4-54) drew St Peters
Can't go past Thomson here, think they'll win but maybe not as comfortably as some think.

Guild v Alexander Thomson @ Grinter Reserve
Game(s) this season: RD3 one day- Guild 8/173(cc) (J.Larkins 95) def AT 81 (W.Kelly 5-19)

Guild will win here I'd expect as long as they can see Benci off with the ball early on.

DIV3:

St Albans/Breakwater v Teesdale @ Modda#2
Game(s) this season: RD11 StAB 196 (J.Murray 40) def Teesdale 171 (J.Wishart 40, J.Murray 4-49)

Two evenly matched sides will come down to who plays better over the two days. Key players missing from both side earlier in the year; A.Woods & S.Campbell for Teesdale and C.Hester & J.Miller for St Albans.

Moddewarre v Corio Bay @ Lethbidge
Game(s) this season: RD6 Corio Bay 64 (M.Ebborn 33*, D.Hermans 6-40, R.Waters 4-15) & 7/138 lost Moddewarre 175 (S.Hovey 53, C.Wangman 6-39)

Tough game to call, Corio Bay are very hit and miss and after a great win last week over Teesdale they may not be able to play that well two games in a row. I think Moddewarre might be too good in this one, just.

Redback;393159 said:

Nice logo. Must be new.

Redback;393159 said:

Nice logo. Must be new.

Look here;393183 said:

It was a down day for St Peters on Sun with the favourites losing in the 1sts and the 3rds. 3rds on top right up until the last day of home and away and then dropped to third as they had a wash-out. Got rolled for 71 and then Thomson passed them 8 down. Superb effort from our 2nds though LH you're right. They have made a habit of being all over the place during the season only to blitz finals and win flags....06/07, 07/08. They have a good side in at the right time of the year and should continue to cause headaches after finishing 6th. Shields & Guthridge hitting very good form at the right time.

Look here;393183 said:

It was a down day for St Peters on Sun with the favourites losing in the 1sts and the 3rds. 3rds on top right up until the last day of home and away and then dropped to third as they had a wash-out. Got rolled for 71 and then Thomson passed them 8 down. Superb effort from our 2nds though LH you're right. They have made a habit of being all over the place during the season only to blitz finals and win flags....06/07, 07/08. They have a good side in at the right time of the year and should continue to cause headaches after finishing 6th. Shields & Guthridge hitting very good form at the right time.

By the way we only sing our song when we win, I thought that's how it works:confused: Apparently not at Little River:eek:[/QUOTE]

That's right! You ALMOST lost to the sixth side. Good luck in the finals. We will come and watch you this week, so we can hold hands and play drop the hankie with you all.....;)

By the way we only sing our song when we win, I thought that's how it works:confused: Apparently not at Little River:eek:[/QUOTE]

That's right! You ALMOST lost to the sixth side. Good luck in the finals. We will come and watch you this week, so we can hold hands and play drop the hankie with you all.....;)

Redback;393252 said:

Would of thought you'd go and watch your 2nds, 3rds or 4ths that you keep telling us about:confused:

Redback;393252 said:

Would of thought you'd go and watch your 2nds, 3rds or 4ths that you keep telling us about:confused:

Renny24;393237 said:
It was a down day for St Peters on Sun with the favourites losing in the 1sts and the 3rds. 3rds on top right up until the last day of home and away and then dropped to third as they had a wash-out. Got rolled for 71 and then Thomson passed them 8 down.

Your 3rds game was amazing viewing from the ground next door. Thomson 7/43 chasing 71 and in comes a bloke (Ash Foord) who tries to belt every ball out of the ground...and I mean EVERY ball. Finally succeeded in sending one somewhere near Barwon Heads Road, then was bowled next over. Apparently he always bats like that!

Renny24;393237 said:
It was a down day for St Peters on Sun with the favourites losing in the 1sts and the 3rds. 3rds on top right up until the last day of home and away and then dropped to third as they had a wash-out. Got rolled for 71 and then Thomson passed them 8 down.

Your 3rds game was amazing viewing from the ground next door. Thomson 7/43 chasing 71 and in comes a bloke (Ash Foord) who tries to belt every ball out of the ground...and I mean EVERY ball. Finally succeeded in sending one somewhere near Barwon Heads Road, then was bowled next over. Apparently he always bats like that!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;393270 said:

Can't be everywhere at once. Wanting to watch your last game this week:D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;393270 said:

Can't be everywhere at once. Wanting to watch your last game this week:D

crktluva;393136 said:

It was a fair effort, considering they only snuck into 6th in the final round courtesy of winch losing to Anakie. Good to see the club having a good year across the grades despite the 1sts just falling short to the all conquering supersaints. How did your wallabies go across the grades crktluva?

crktluva;393136 said:

It was a fair effort, considering they only snuck into 6th in the final round courtesy of winch losing to Anakie. Good to see the club having a good year across the grades despite the 1sts just falling short to the all conquering supersaints. How did your wallabies go across the grades crktluva?

BPCA Grand Final Predictions

A Grade: Queenscliff vs Collendina - Queenscliff
Best Player in the GF: Ash McDonald (Queenscliff)

B Grade: Ocean Grove vs Queenscliff - Ocean Grove
Best Player in the GF: Michael Kenneady (OG)

C Grade: Barwon Heads vs Ocean Grove - Barwon Heads
Best Player in the GF: Myles Benham (BH)

D Grade: Queenscliff vs Newcomb - Newcomb
Best Player in the GF: Owen Brew (Newc)

BPCA Grand Final Predictions

A Grade: Queenscliff vs Collendina - Queenscliff
Best Player in the GF: Ash McDonald (Queenscliff)

B Grade: Ocean Grove vs Queenscliff - Ocean Grove
Best Player in the GF: Michael Kenneady (OG)

C Grade: Barwon Heads vs Ocean Grove - Barwon Heads
Best Player in the GF: Myles Benham (BH)

D Grade: Queenscliff vs Newcomb - Newcomb
Best Player in the GF: Owen Brew (Newc)

concrete cricket;393343 said:

1sts were 5th going into last round and couldve finished 3rd if won, lost and missed out on percentage.

2nds struggled for good side all year, finished about 8 or 9.

4ths finished 5th and got rained out first week of finals after being in the box seat.

we didnt have 3rds this year.

concrete cricket;393343 said:

1sts were 5th going into last round and couldve finished 3rd if won, lost and missed out on percentage.

2nds struggled for good side all year, finished about 8 or 9.

4ths finished 5th and got rained out first week of finals after being in the box seat.

we didnt have 3rds this year.

I was called a fag 2 games ago..... can i report this now?

im, highly offended and imagine if a black man called me honky.....WOW

Babies Arm;393532 said:

Racist comments-Great image you give this forum.You're a joke

mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back