Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Babies Arm;393532 said:
I was called a fag 2 games ago..... can i report this now?

im, highly offended and imagine if a black man called me honky.....WOW

Racist comments-Great image you give this forum.You're a joke

mate.

Babies Arm;393532 said:

racist comments cave man

Babies Arm;393532 said:

racist comments cave man

good to see the racist comments were removed.

Should get rid of that idiot all together or close these sites

good to see the racist comments were removed.

Should get rid of that idiot all together or close these sites

I believe the Thomson players have all been cleared of racism. It will be interesting to see the response from the addy and if Thomson choose to follow it up. I can see a possible defamation suit.

I believe the Thomson players have all been cleared of racism. It will be interesting to see the response from the addy and if Thomson choose to follow it up. I can see a possible defamation suit.

Glen Orden Sports Club is looking for Senior Cricket players who would like to play winter Cricket, the Season starts on the 1st May and goes to 28th August, play will be all over the metro area, playing clubs such as LaTrobe, Bundoora, Oakleigh, Brighton, etc. Glen Orden is one of the clubs in the foundation year of the New Association. If you know anyone who would like to play or if you would like to play please email angela@glenordensportsclub.com.au Glen Orden Sports Club is in Werribee Thanks..

Glen Orden Sports Club is looking for Senior Cricket players who would like to play winter Cricket, the Season starts on the 1st May and goes to 28th August, play will be all over the metro area, playing clubs such as LaTrobe, Bundoora, Oakleigh, Brighton, etc. Glen Orden is one of the clubs in the foundation year of the New Association. If you know anyone who would like to play or if you would like to play please email angela@glenordensportsclub.com.au Glen Orden Sports Club is in Werribee Thanks..

Manly Man;393838 said:

Don't think the Addy ever said the guys were guilty, the always said the accused which is what they were until proven guilty or innocent. Only contraversial article was Jason Shields which was taking about how racism needs to stop at the local level, which if it does happen does need to stop. With Cricket Victoria on the hearing it looks like it has been well handled and cannot be accused of being biased.

Manly Man;393838 said:

Don't think the Addy ever said the guys were guilty, the always said the accused which is what they were until proven guilty or innocent. Only contraversial article was Jason Shields which was taking about how racism needs to stop at the local level, which if it does happen does need to stop. With Cricket Victoria on the hearing it looks like it has been well handled and cannot be accused of being biased.

Manly Man;393838 said:
I believe the Thomson players have all been cleared of racism. It will be interesting to see the response from the addy and if Thomson choose to follow it up. I can see a possible defamation suit.[/QUOT

spot on manly, ponds president, shit stain Breen caused all this havoc and needs to face the ramifications, indian players denied any wrong doing by the thomy boys over the racist allegations. thomson boys were kept at the hearing until 1 in the morn coz of this clown. best he stays clear of the east geelong area for a while.

Manly Man;393838 said:
I believe the Thomson players have all been cleared of racism. It will be interesting to see the response from the addy and if Thomson choose to follow it up. I can see a possible defamation suit.[/QUOT

spot on manly, ponds president, shit stain Breen caused all this havoc and needs to face the ramifications, indian players denied any wrong doing by the thomy boys over the racist allegations. thomson boys were kept at the hearing until 1 in the morn coz of this clown. best he stays clear of the east geelong area for a while.

Hey cheer cheer, this is what Nick Wade wrote in the Geelong Advertiser on March the 18th, souds like he thought that the 10 players were guilty as there is no ACCUSED or ALLEGED in this report.
The panel was investigating claims that 10 Thomson players racially abused six Waurn Ponds players of Indian descent during a fourth-grade qualifying on Saturday. The hearing was still going at 11.35 last night

Hey cheer cheer, this is what Nick Wade wrote in the Geelong Advertiser on March the 18th, souds like he thought that the 10 players were guilty as there is no ACCUSED or ALLEGED in this report.
The panel was investigating claims that 10 Thomson players racially abused six Waurn Ponds players of Indian descent during a fourth-grade qualifying on Saturday. The hearing was still going at 11.35 last night

Seems no-one on this form wants to talk too much about the dramas of the last week. Either because of political correctness or because no-one looks at this thread any more?

It was an interesting outcome, probably not one many saw coming with all the emotive hysteria surrounding it. Particularly intriguing that one of the WPCC players in question copped a suspended sentence also.

GCA handled it pretty well IMO.

The Addy's feedback forum contributors are not so reticent. Plenty of opinions there, for and against.

Did Mick O'Neill get a holiday merely because he was captain, in line with the GCA's "captain is responsible for control" mantra? Not a loaded question, just would be interested to know.

Cheers.

Seems no-one on this form wants to talk too much about the dramas of the last week. Either because of political correctness or because no-one looks at this thread any more?

It was an interesting outcome, probably not one many saw coming with all the emotive hysteria surrounding it. Particularly intriguing that one of the WPCC players in question copped a suspended sentence also.

The Addy's feedback forum contributors are not so reticent. Plenty of opinions there, for and against.

Did Mick O'Neill get a holiday merely because he was captain, in line with the GCA's "captain is responsible for control" mantra? Not a loaded question, just would be interested to know.

Cheers.

Look here;393958 said:

Cheers.

Hmmm, not sure if some posts have been deleted on the mater due to them possibly being political incorrect. Not sure what happened on the day but obviously things were taken very seriously for a 4th XI game by both sides. Either way the spirit of cricket was not displayed.

Look here;393958 said:

Cheers.

Hmmm, not sure if some posts have been deleted on the mater due to them possibly being political incorrect. Not sure what happened on the day but obviously things were taken very seriously for a 4th XI game by both sides. Either way the spirit of cricket was not displayed.

Look here;393958 said:

Cheers.

Probably sold a few extra papers though........

Look here;393958 said:

Cheers.

Probably sold a few extra papers though........

so have the GCA and CV rolled over on this coz they dont want the issue to escalate, or are the waurn ponds players liars and sooks. there was obviously a fair bit said for the waurn ponds team to take it this far. Thomson being found not guilty must mean the GCA think waurn ponds are lying. I read that there was an umpire in this game, why wouldnt the GCA just back him in, why didnt the umpire just call the game off if it was as bad as waurn ponds say. lots of unanswered questions in my opinion. if anyone knows the truth, bloody say so in this forum. if we are gonna get in trouble for speaking the truth then close the useless thing down. sick and tired of political correctness standing in the way of our lives, now its effecting our sport at a local level, get stuffed i say. feel free to bag me or agree at any stage if you are not too scared.

Dont delete or alter this post either, theres nothing wrong with it.

so have the GCA and CV rolled over on this coz they dont want the issue to escalate, or are the waurn ponds players liars and sooks. there was obviously a fair bit said for the waurn ponds team to take it this far. Thomson being found not guilty must mean the GCA think waurn ponds are lying. I read that there was an umpire in this game, why wouldnt the GCA just back him in, why didnt the umpire just call the game off if it was as bad as waurn ponds say. lots of unanswered questions in my opinion. if anyone knows the truth, bloody say so in this forum. if we are gonna get in trouble for speaking the truth then close the useless thing down. sick and tired of political correctness standing in the way of our lives, now its effecting our sport at a local level, get stuffed i say. feel free to bag me or agree at any stage if you are not too scared.

crktluva;394037 said:

well crkluva, as u know i was once associated with thomson, and a lot of my friends were playing that day. i can tell u that every player has denied it and found out not guilty, BUT, it has affected them in there lives and in there work place... some players had trouble sleeping. im just gunna start off with the umpire never changed his story, what wpcc alledged never happened, its so easy to play that card.... and wpcc played it. Pathetic if u ask me.

it was a case that the GCA just couldnt roll over with the pressue of.... The VCA, the premier john brumby and PM kevin Rudd, so to say that the GCA just gave in is just rubbish.

as for setting a stance for cricket and racism, what a joke this is. if it was REALLY that bad it would have come out b4 and jason shields writing wat he wrote is a joke. cricket in geelong is strong and banter is great...... (how many people reported over the last 5 ytears for dissent???)

if a club wants to make an example of racism... make it in a better way rather than blame a team with history against you and are embaking on bigger and better things.

i put it to people to call for the head of daniel breen, with his position of GA cricket writer and Pres of club and call for WPCC for loss of all points in GCA

crktluva;394037 said:

well crkluva, as u know i was once associated with thomson, and a lot of my friends were playing that day. i can tell u that every player has denied it and found out not guilty, BUT, it has affected them in there lives and in there work place... some players had trouble sleeping. im just gunna start off with the umpire never changed his story, what wpcc alledged never happened, its so easy to play that card.... and wpcc played it. Pathetic if u ask me.

it was a case that the GCA just couldnt roll over with the pressue of.... The VCA, the premier john brumby and PM kevin Rudd, so to say that the GCA just gave in is just rubbish.

as for setting a stance for cricket and racism, what a joke this is. if it was REALLY that bad it would have come out b4 and jason shields writing wat he wrote is a joke. cricket in geelong is strong and banter is great...... (how many people reported over the last 5 ytears for dissent???)

if a club wants to make an example of racism... make it in a better way rather than blame a team with history against you and are embaking on bigger and better things.

i put it to people to call for the head of daniel breen, with his position of GA cricket writer and Pres of club and call for WPCC for loss of all points in GCA

Babies Arm;394090 said:

I agree with both of you.....I was at that game from time to time being at our #2 ground. I never saw anything that indicated WPCC players upset or complaining and certainly NO TEARS. After the game all shook hands and appeared OK, just disapointment on the faces of WPCC players as you would expect after being knocked out.
I know a few of the Thommo boys well and they would be feeling devastated by the accusations and relieved at being found not guilty.
Unfortunately Thomson's club name will be tarnished :mad: with a lot of people, so a full public appology from WPCC, the biased way the Addy reported it and public support from GCA to Thomson will help, how effective ...I don't know.
for the record; I don't mind a bit of banter on the field, in fact, love it..but I don't stand for it when it gets personal. Hell some of the things I've been called over the years, lucky I put a couple of tea spoons of concrete on my cornflakes every morning. Have to admit, gave as good as I got, but always , always had a beer after the game...hard but fair.:cool:

Babies Arm;394090 said:

I agree with both of you.....I was at that game from time to time being at our #2 ground. I never saw anything that indicated WPCC players upset or complaining and certainly NO TEARS. After the game all shook hands and appeared OK, just disapointment on the faces of WPCC players as you would expect after being knocked out.
I know a few of the Thommo boys well and they would be feeling devastated by the accusations and relieved at being found not guilty.
Unfortunately Thomson's club name will be tarnished :mad: with a lot of people, so a full public appology from WPCC, the biased way the Addy reported it and public support from GCA to Thomson will help, how effective ...I don't know.
for the record; I don't mind a bit of banter on the field, in fact, love it..but I don't stand for it when it gets personal. Hell some of the things I've been called over the years, lucky I put a couple of tea spoons of concrete on my cornflakes every morning. Have to admit, gave as good as I got, but always , always had a beer after the game...hard but fair.:cool:

babies arm;394090 said:
well crkluva, as u know i was once associated with thomson, and a lot of my friends were playing that day. I can tell u that every player has denied it and found out not guilty, but, it has affected them in there lives and in there work place... Some players had trouble sleeping. Im just gunna start off with the umpire never changed his story, what wpcc alledged never happened, its so easy to play that card.... And wpcc played it. Pathetic if u ask me.

It was a case that the gca just couldnt roll over with the pressue of.... The vca, the premier john brumby and pm kevin rudd, so to say that the gca just gave in is just rubbish.

As for setting a stance for cricket and racism, what a joke this is. If it was really that bad it would have come out b4 and jason shields writing wat he wrote is a joke. Cricket in geelong is strong and banter is great...... (how many people reported over the last 5 ytears for dissent???)

if a club wants to make an example of racism... Make it in a better way rather than blame a team with history against you and are embaking on bigger and better things.

I put it to people to call for the head of daniel breen, with his position of ga cricket writer and pres of club and call for wpcc for loss of all points in gca

agree

babies arm;394090 said:
well crkluva, as u know i was once associated with thomson, and a lot of my friends were playing that day. I can tell u that every player has denied it and found out not guilty, but, it has affected them in there lives and in there work place... Some players had trouble sleeping. Im just gunna start off with the umpire never changed his story, what wpcc alledged never happened, its so easy to play that card.... And wpcc played it. Pathetic if u ask me.

It was a case that the gca just couldnt roll over with the pressue of.... The vca, the premier john brumby and pm kevin rudd, so to say that the gca just gave in is just rubbish.

As for setting a stance for cricket and racism, what a joke this is. If it was really that bad it would have come out b4 and jason shields writing wat he wrote is a joke. Cricket in geelong is strong and banter is great...... (how many people reported over the last 5 ytears for dissent???)

if a club wants to make an example of racism... Make it in a better way rather than blame a team with history against you and are embaking on bigger and better things.

I put it to people to call for the head of daniel breen, with his position of ga cricket writer and pres of club and call for wpcc for loss of all points in gca

agree

Babies Arm, i was aksing if the GCA had rolled over, not saying they did. But it seems to me now that Mr Breen and his WPCC have taken this much further than was warranted. If this is the case he should be dealt with by the GCA, and be labelled a tool in local cricket circles for years to come. To slander people with such a sensitive public issue is really careless and asking for trouble, dont start a fire ya cant put out Mr Breen. I hope the addy follow up the fact that Mr Breen has abused his position whilst they are apologizing to the Thomson CC.

Babies Arm, i was aksing if the GCA had rolled over, not saying they did. But it seems to me now that Mr Breen and his WPCC have taken this much further than was warranted. If this is the case he should be dealt with by the GCA, and be labelled a tool in local cricket circles for years to come. To slander people with such a sensitive public issue is really careless and asking for trouble, dont start a fire ya cant put out Mr Breen. I hope the addy follow up the fact that Mr Breen has abused his position whilst they are apologizing to the Thomson CC.

east made 150 odd all out against west. james diery and sean bogan saved the day for east when they were struggling at 8-70.

joeys were 9-150 when i drove past, after being 5-20 early in the day

east made 150 odd all out against west. james diery and sean bogan saved the day for east when they were struggling at 8-70.

joeys were 9-150 when i drove past, after being 5-20 early in the day

black-faced1.jpg

thomson 4th XI slip cordon :p

crktluva;394183 said:

From the grapevine the WPCC believed in what they were doing, and from the posts the Thomson guys believed they had nothing to answer for. Either way the game or last few games have appeared to have gotten out of hand. Maybe if these had been sorted out after those games it would have never gotten to this bitter end. Obviously there are cultural differences between Australian's and Indian's as in international cricket there are many cases when the Indian's have come out and complained about the Australian sledging, etc, which the Aussies believe are okay but obviously the Indian's do not. I just think everyone needs to step back and look at the game we are playing, it is a great game that everyone should enjoy, win, loose or draw. And the Indian's have a huge role in cricket, imagine how boring it would be without having the IPL to turn on after midnight on a big night out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back