Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

crktluva;394183 said:
Babies Arm, i was aksing if the GCA had rolled over, not saying they did. But it seems to me now that Mr Breen and his WPCC have taken this much further than was warranted. If this is the case he should be dealt with by the GCA, and be labelled a tool in local cricket circles for years to come. To slander people with such a sensitive public issue is really careless and asking for trouble, dont start a fire ya cant put out Mr Breen. I hope the addy follow up the fact that Mr Breen has abused his position whilst they are apologizing to the Thomson CC.

From the grapevine the WPCC believed in what they were doing, and from the posts the Thomson guys believed they had nothing to answer for. Either way the game or last few games have appeared to have gotten out of hand. Maybe if these had been sorted out after those games it would have never gotten to this bitter end. Obviously there are cultural differences between Australian's and Indian's as in international cricket there are many cases when the Indian's have come out and complained about the Australian sledging, etc, which the Aussies believe are okay but obviously the Indian's do not. I just think everyone needs to step back and look at the game we are playing, it is a great game that everyone should enjoy, win, loose or draw. And the Indian's have a huge role in cricket, imagine how boring it would be without having the IPL to turn on after midnight on a big night out !!

and now back to cricket, is the unthinkable happening in this round. ST Alban's/Breakwater only 20 runs away from being knocked out in the semi-finals ? I heard they were bowled out for 100 by Teesdale, who are 2 for 80 in reply. It will be a great escape if they can get out of this one !

Also St Peter's in an okay position with runs on the board against Thomson. 200 on the board and Thomson are 2/23 with Ben Smiljanic out already. Will be a great confidence booster for Thomson if they win this one as these chases are always tough in a final. If they get past this they should breeze the Grand Final. A lot rests on Steve Illingworth and Charlie Lamb on this one. A few quick wickets and the Saints will be right on top.

Also the two Div One games have scores of around 160 on the board for both games. What/if anything does this say about the wickets ? Is there too much assistance in it for the bowlers or did the pressure just get to both sides ?

and now back to cricket, is the unthinkable happening in this round. ST Alban's/Breakwater only 20 runs away from being knocked out in the semi-finals ? I heard they were bowled out for 100 by Teesdale, who are 2 for 80 in reply. It will be a great escape if they can get out of this one !

Also St Peter's in an okay position with runs on the board against Thomson. 200 on the board and Thomson are 2/23 with Ben Smiljanic out already. Will be a great confidence booster for Thomson if they win this one as these chases are always tough in a final. If they get past this they should breeze the Grand Final. A lot rests on Steve Illingworth and Charlie Lamb on this one. A few quick wickets and the Saints will be right on top.

Also the two Div One games have scores of around 160 on the board for both games. What/if anything does this say about the wickets ? Is there too much assistance in it for the bowlers or did the pressure just get to both sides ?

cheer_cheer;394332 said:
and now back to cricket, is the unthinkable happening in this round.

Joeys lost a wicket first ball of the match (to a LBW) in GCA1 1sts and were soon 4-19 with both Morgan and Fanning gone, so did pretty well to bat all day and scrape a competitive 161 together. So I'd say early pressure rather than the wicket in this case.

Yes Thomson will have their work cut out in GCA2 but remember Smiljanic made blobs in both last season's semi and grand finals, so plenty of batting to come. But they will have earned it if they get up as St Peter's bowling is the better part of their game.

Disappointing that at 10.25am Sunday morning there's still no score up on MyCricket for SABCC v Teesdale in GCA3.

cheer_cheer;394332 said:
and now back to cricket, is the unthinkable happening in this round.

Joeys lost a wicket first ball of the match (to a LBW) in GCA1 1sts and were soon 4-19 with both Morgan and Fanning gone, so did pretty well to bat all day and scrape a competitive 161 together. So I'd say early pressure rather than the wicket in this case.

Yes Thomson will have their work cut out in GCA2 but remember Smiljanic made blobs in both last season's semi and grand finals, so plenty of batting to come. But they will have earned it if they get up as St Peter's bowling is the better part of their game.

Disappointing that at 10.25am Sunday morning there's still no score up on MyCricket for SABCC v Teesdale in GCA3.

cheer_cheer;394332 said:
ST Alban's/Breakwater only 20 runs away from being knocked out in the semi-finals ? I heard they were bowled out for 100 by Teesdale, who are 2 for 80 in reply. It will be a great escape if they can get out of this one !

Well, is this true, nothing on my cricket? Wouldn't be the first time St.Albans choked in a finals series. A couple of quick wickets (hat tricks) from Muzza, still may not be enough.:cool:

the only thing that would beat Thomson... is themselves - Salts and Bentley still in and O'Neill to come but after that they fall away a little, so big job on those 3. Either way the Saints are in a good position and I won't be disapointed if they get up as I backed them to win the grand final:eek:

cheer_cheer;394332 said:
ST Alban's/Breakwater only 20 runs away from being knocked out in the semi-finals ? I heard they were bowled out for 100 by Teesdale, who are 2 for 80 in reply. It will be a great escape if they can get out of this one !

Well, is this true, nothing on my cricket? Wouldn't be the first time St.Albans choked in a finals series. A couple of quick wickets (hat tricks) from Muzza, still may not be enough.:cool:

the only thing that would beat Thomson... is themselves - Salts and Bentley still in and O'Neill to come but after that they fall away a little, so big job on those 3. Either way the Saints are in a good position and I won't be disapointed if they get up as I backed them to win the grand final:eek:

Renny24;393237 said:
It was a down day for St Peters on Sun with the favourites losing in the 1sts and the 3rds. 3rds on top right up until the last day of home and away and then dropped to third as they had a wash-out. Got rolled for 71 and then Thomson passed them 8 down. Superb effort from our 2nds though LH you're right. They have made a habit of being all over the place during the season only to blitz finals and win flags....06/07, 07/08. They have a good side in at the right time of the year and should continue to cause headaches after finishing 6th. Shields & Guthridge hitting very good form at the right time.

hahahaahahaha, falling to 3rd because of a washout :|, they were 2 wickets from being given an absolute hiding.
thankfully the rain came for you or you WOULD of have got 0 points instead of 3 and maybe fallen lower than 3rd

Renny24;393237 said:
It was a down day for St Peters on Sun with the favourites losing in the 1sts and the 3rds. 3rds on top right up until the last day of home and away and then dropped to third as they had a wash-out. Got rolled for 71 and then Thomson passed them 8 down. Superb effort from our 2nds though LH you're right. They have made a habit of being all over the place during the season only to blitz finals and win flags....06/07, 07/08. They have a good side in at the right time of the year and should continue to cause headaches after finishing 6th. Shields & Guthridge hitting very good form at the right time.

hahahaahahaha, falling to 3rd because of a washout :|, they were 2 wickets from being given an absolute hiding.
thankfully the rain came for you or you WOULD of have got 0 points instead of 3 and maybe fallen lower than 3rd

Grand Finals

West v Lara next week in GCA 1
Thomson V At (i think dont think its over but they were in a great position) in GCA 2
Teesdale v Modewarre in GCA 3

Grand Finals

Thomson V At (i think dont think its over but they were in a great position) in GCA 2

Thomson got up for a strong win...hard to beat now and should go through as Champions...:cool: and yes I did my money on St.Peters.

St. Albans...what can you say...the bubble burst. :eek:

AT won pretty easy over guild

Thomson got up for a strong win...hard to beat now and should go through as Champions...:cool: and yes I did my money on St.Peters.

St. Albans...what can you say...the bubble burst. :eek:

AT won pretty easy over guild

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;393270 said:
Would of thought you'd go and watch your 2nds, 3rds or 4ths that you keep telling us about:confused:

Looks like you and redback can travel together between winch and lethbridge to watch both your 2nds and 3rds square off now that you are free next weekend, could make for an interesting trip

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;393270 said:
Would of thought you'd go and watch your 2nds, 3rds or 4ths that you keep telling us about:confused:

Looks like you and redback can travel together between winch and lethbridge to watch both your 2nds and 3rds square off now that you are free next weekend, could make for an interesting trip

ants14;394405 said:
Grand Finals

I watched a couple of hours of Thomson v St Peters, and in fairness, the Tigers walked it in. Excellent knocks from A4E and, in particular, Tommy Rissole.

ants14;394405 said:
Grand Finals

I watched a couple of hours of Thomson v St Peters, and in fairness, the Tigers walked it in. Excellent knocks from A4E and, in particular, Tommy Rissole.

concrete cricket;394413 said:

ill pick redback up and take him . good win by our seconds , we were outplayed not much more i can say . cngrats to teesdale good bunch of blokes. looking forward to div 2 next year.

concrete cricket;394413 said:

ill pick redback up and take him . good win by our seconds , we were outplayed not much more i can say . cngrats to teesdale good bunch of blokes. looking forward to div 2 next year.

know all;394415 said:

Looking forward to watching both games next week, maybe we can catch up for a shandy or two?... Got to see the end of the game today, St Albans UNLUCKY...Teesdale Well Done! Enjoy your time in Div 2 next year St Albans, Maybe we'll see you again in a couple of years in Div 3.
As for our Boys, we had a win in the Two's, Three's and Four's. Hopefully we can get at worst, at least one win out of those. Seconds and Fourth were too good, Thrids home in a thriller...

GO REDBACKS!!!

know all;394415 said:

Looking forward to watching both games next week, maybe we can catch up for a shandy or two?... Got to see the end of the game today, St Albans UNLUCKY...Teesdale Well Done! Enjoy your time in Div 2 next year St Albans, Maybe we'll see you again in a couple of years in Div 3.
As for our Boys, we had a win in the Two's, Three's and Four's. Hopefully we can get at worst, at least one win out of those. Seconds and Fourth were too good, Thrids home in a thriller...

GO REDBACKS!!!

nobody has died from a redback bite since 1979, so they really haven't landed a killer blow for 31 years now.:D

nobody has died from a redback bite since 1979, so they really haven't landed a killer blow for 31 years now.:D

crktluva;394488 said:

That would be true! However, we just put fear into the opposition and sometimes that fear gets exposed the following week:p

crktluva;394488 said:

That would be true! However, we just put fear into the opposition and sometimes that fear gets exposed the following week:p

headed to queens park to have a look at thomy v st.peters and it was game on early as the tiges lost salts early and louie a short time later and that brought strodsy to the wicket with sean'o' and from there on it was a batting display by both lads. stodsy crafting out a well earned 40ish and sean'o' bringing up his 1st 100 at this level with a cracking off drive. Congrats to the big 'O' on the tonne and im talking about runs not weight. Bring on the Vikings

headed to queens park to have a look at thomy v st.peters and it was game on early as the tiges lost salts early and louie a short time later and that brought strodsy to the wicket with sean'o' and from there on it was a batting display by both lads. stodsy crafting out a well earned 40ish and sean'o' bringing up his 1st 100 at this level with a cracking off drive. Congrats to the big 'O' on the tonne and im talking about runs not weight. Bring on the Vikings

pencil in 11;394503 said:

Surprised you wanted to show your face in public after last week's front page snap in the Addy PI11!

pencil in 11;394503 said:

Surprised you wanted to show your face in public after last week's front page snap in the Addy PI11!

blueyconnelly;394637 said:

was that the photo where a bloke had his hair spiked sunnies on top of the head and collar up thinkin he was mr smooth???:eek:

blueyconnelly;394637 said:

was that the photo where a bloke had his hair spiked sunnies on top of the head and collar up thinkin he was mr smooth???:eek:

And to stalbans...... Div3 premiership is not the be all and end all, let the boys in the bush enjoy the moment of glory.. bigger and better things in div2 next year where u can have a real crack at the flag..... a flag u and the club will care about:cool:

And to stalbans...... Div3 premiership is not the be all and end all, let the boys in the bush enjoy the moment of glory.. bigger and better things in div2 next year where u can have a real crack at the flag..... a flag u and the club will care about:cool:

GCA presentaion night last night. A few observations -

GCA2 champion player (the one based on points for runs/wickets/catches) was Leigh McAuliffe from North Shore who played 4ths all year. Didn't know that with the advent of MyCricket, that was how the GCA intended to run it now. Daniel Fanning and Jason Murray (GCA1 & GCA3 respectively) were the other points winners in their sections.

Speech of the night would have to be Shaun Campbell from Teesdale. Also his dress sense, cap and all - did Teesdale tell him he was going to a BBQ?

Not enough respect shown IMO whilst presentations were being made, but there were a few in the room more than half-cut by that point I guess.

GCA presentaion night last night. A few observations -

GCA2 champion player (the one based on points for runs/wickets/catches) was Leigh McAuliffe from North Shore who played 4ths all year. Didn't know that with the advent of MyCricket, that was how the GCA intended to run it now. Daniel Fanning and Jason Murray (GCA1 & GCA3 respectively) were the other points winners in their sections.

Speech of the night would have to be Shaun Campbell from Teesdale. Also his dress sense, cap and all - did Teesdale tell him he was going to a BBQ?

Not enough respect shown IMO whilst presentations were being made, but there were a few in the room more than half-cut by that point I guess.

Good on Shaun Campbell for getting up there and speaking his mind, sticking up for the country cricketers but it was an absolute disgrace to see the performance his table put on while Alf Clark, one of the greatest cricketers in Geelong was receiving an award for breaking the GCA runs record. To carry on like they did and then stand up in front of everyone half an hour later to demand respect, was a joke. Start by showing some respect of your own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back