Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

Renny24;320505 said:
Bell Post Hill wasn't it SBOW?

He is from england and had his first game on turf this season, not a bad effort id say. Pity BPH have two poms so they cant play in the same grade.

He played against our 2s. He got 9 wickets and took the catch for the other wickets. Handy day

He played against our 2s. He got 9 wickets and took the catch for the other wickets. Handy day

name a pom who has been out to play GCA that had a big effect, they're all duds with big wraps coz they'r from england. news flash "ENGLAND PRODUCE CRAP CRICKETERS!!!" Im sure there are good ones, but none of them do anything great out here.

ants14;320549 said:
north got bowled out for 55.. that bloke took 9 wickets.. and then bph smashed there way to 6/170 over night... big week on the track for our 2's im tipping.. especially wen there in the top 4 for finals

name a pom who has been out to play GCA that had a big effect, they're all duds with big wraps coz they'r from england. news flash "ENGLAND PRODUCE CRAP CRICKETERS!!!" Im sure there are good ones, but none of them do anything great out here.

crktluva;320645 said:

I've played against Torquay the past couple of seasons and they've had 2 good ones in Bourke and Ellis.

ants14;320549 said:
north got bowled out for 55.. that bloke took 9 wickets.. and then bph smashed there way to 6/170 over night... big week on the track for our 2's im tipping.. especially wen there in the top 4 for finals

crktluva;320645 said:

Bourke, Ellis & Batty come to mind from Torquay. Charlie Lamb from St Peters was more than handy and quite sharp.

crktluva;320645 said:

I've played against Torquay the past couple of seasons and they've had 2 good ones in Bourke and Ellis.

crktluva;320645 said:

Andrew Hall for Thomson & Highton was more than handy.

crktluva;320645 said:

Bourke, Ellis & Batty come to mind from Torquay. Charlie Lamb from St Peters was more than handy and quite sharp.

crktluva;320645 said:
that keeper for east belmont 1s last year was good... ohhh wait on... he thought he was good but turned out to be a dud... cant remember his name..

but i heard a funny story he was batting against bell post hill and was looking very average... a bell post hill player yelled out.. cmon mate we dont even no who u are.. bout time u get out... the pom turns around and says if u dont no me.. google me...

now thats bloody arrogant.. but apparently he really was on google.. played 2nd XI for a county side... still he seemed like a dud on the occasions that i seen

crktluva;320645 said:

Andrew Hall for Thomson & Highton was more than handy.

I Bowl Meat Pies;320818 said:
that keeper for east belmont 1s last year was good... ohhh wait on... he thought he was good but turned out to be a dud... cant remember his name..

but i heard a funny story he was batting against bell post hill and was looking very average... a bell post hill player yelled out.. cmon mate we dont even no who u are.. bout time u get out... the pom turns around and says if u dont no me.. google me...

now thats bloody arrogant.. but apparently he really was on google.. played 2nd XI for a county side... still he seemed like a dud on the occasions that i seen

Or maybe he should of said mycricket me with his great average of 20:rolleyes: http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/asphost.aspx?loc=/cricket/reports/player.asp&entityid=2109&playerid=430387&cbmenu1=on&clubid=2109

crktluva;320645 said:

Or maybe he should of said mycricket me with his great average of 20:rolleyes: http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/asphost.aspx?loc=/cricket/reports/player.asp&entityid=2109&playerid=430387&cbmenu1=on&clubid=2109

He's scored 2 first class centuries for Leicestershire and played England U19's, definitely no slouch.

He's scored 2 first class centuries for Leicestershire and played England U19's, definitely no slouch.

tom new aint it? played at cement a few yrs ago

new was the bloke they had there this season but he has got injured and gone home now. i know the guy your talking about he had a funny name but i cant remember what it was, i will get back to you

tom new aint it? played at cement a few yrs ago

I'm sure it's been said before but it's a different game. PLayers that dominate in England may not have the same effect in Oz, but the same is true when Aussies go to England. Mick Allen played in my league a few years ago and probably made 300 runs in 20 knocks. Then two years later he scores the most runs in VCA.

new was the bloke they had there this season but he has got injured and gone home now. i know the guy your talking about he had a funny name but i cant remember what it was, i will get back to you

Ogrizovic or something wasn't it? His Dad played in the EPL for Coventry a few years back. Maybe he was on google.

I'm sure it's been said before but it's a different game. PLayers that dominate in England may not have the same effect in Oz, but the same is true when Aussies go to England. Mick Allen played in my league a few years ago and probably made 300 runs in 20 knocks. Then two years later he scores the most runs in VCA.

Jaik Mickleburgh for Newtown last season was pretty solid and he has gone on to play County 1sts in England.

Ogrizovic or something wasn't it? His Dad played in the EPL for Coventry a few years back. Maybe he was on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back