Getting Caught Behind the Stumps alot

cow-corner

lately i've been getting caught behind the stumps alot, e.g keeper slip gully, and not sure what i'm doing wrong.
i'm usually a 1-6 batsman and haven't really faced a ball nipping or moving around much, and am still continually getting caught behind the stumps alot.
i'm fairly technically sound and strong off my pads and through the offside when i'm set, but get bogged down and try to hit half volleys too hard and knicking it.

has anyone else had this problem and/or is there a solution or cause for this problem?

edges are generally a combination of misjudging the length and being off balance. If you're driving half volleys you want to get your head over the top of the ball and your centre of gravity to your front foot. To get this right requires drills - get your team mates to throw ball after ball at half volley length, or throw it yourself against a wall, or you could set up a sock on the clothes line or something. The objective being to get your head position, your foot positon and your head in the right place while playing the drive. Finally, keep your front elbow as high as possible.

Back