Getting Faster

CRICKET

Getting Faster

hey guys unlike my batting im a really good bowler and i can bowl pretty fast i'd say i can bowl the average speed for my age group at least but i was wondering if i could get any faster or am i at my max?Unfortuantely i dont know how fast i bowl so i cant give that info.

Re: Getting Faster

lol haha every bowler here has asked that question
theres no way or action that will give u like 50 kmh more
u can start-
the faster u bring ur front arm down means u bowl faster
count out ur run up
make sure ur styles right
my style wa sbad and wen i fixed it i bowled faster
they may help

i am a fast bowler at the same age and it doesn't really matter about the pace of the ball, it matters on the line and length of the ball. if you continue doing that and it doesn't work try varying your pace consistently and get batsmen out that way. i still try bowl fast but if it doesn't work i try different things.

At that age it's more about controlling line and length, getting your action sorted and getting to know your bowling. Pace will come later.

In the meantime, there are many idea posted throughout the board related to this (ie pumping arms when running up, pulling down hard with front arm)

Just line and length I reckon, because I thought I was slow, now I'm 3rd fastest in the team, you'll build up pace, every pre season the keeper in my team goes "geez you've gotten faster".

Back