Gippsland Cricket

mayhem20202

Gippsland Cricket

Any posters on here play cricket in any of the Gippsland competitions?

I play in Sale Maffra and noticed that there are no Gippsland Leagues at all represented on Big Cricket.

Would be keen to start a bit of a chat about all things cricket related in Gippsland if anyone else is from the area.

Re: Gippsland Cricket

I'll send the word out over at Bigfooty to see if there are any gippy chatters.

I use to play for Foster down in South Gippsland if that is any consalation

Any news in any of these leagues? Who is shaping up as the favourites to win the flag? Any overseas players coming into your league?

D.K;266547 said:
I'll send the word out over at Bigfooty to see if there are any gippy chatters.

I use to play for Foster down in South Gippsland if that is any consalation

How long ago did you play for Foster? A few mates of mine went and played a season for Foster about 4 or 5 years ago.

mayhem20202;267052 said:
How long ago did you play for Foster? A few mates of mine went and played a season for Foster about 4 or 5 years ago.

Would of played my last game about 5 or 6 years ago but still watch at least one game a year. Might be helping them out this year as they are struggling a little and the LDCA have put an ultimatium on them to have an A grade team up and running next season or face expulsion from the league.

D.K;267057 said:
Would of played my last game about 5 or 6 years ago but still watch at least one game a year. Might be helping them out this year as they are struggling a little and the LDCA have put an ultimatium on them to have an A grade team up and running next season or face expulsion from the league.

Thats no good. Do you play cricket elsewhere now a days? Or, just not play at all?

I hear there is a fair few players down that way getting payed? Does that lead to players changing clubs all the time?

mayhem20202;267060 said:
Thats no good. Do you play cricket elsewhere now a days? Or, just not play at all?

I hear there is a fair few players down that way getting payed? Does that lead to players changing clubs all the time?

Yeah still play cricket, have just returned from England having played cricket there for the 2nd time last winter. Now just play local cricket around where I live.

I am not sure about the money situation but I hear there is a little bit of money. Foster lost a number of their good juniors to the city and a few others went to other local clubs around the area with a stronger A grade team (Foster only fielding a C and an E this year). They are hoping to lure some of these younger kids back to foster to help them out this year.

Well guys, first round of SMCA has been and gone. The league has changed things around a little bit, by making the one day rounds have only 3 games. So, basically, the other 3 sides in the comp had a bye.

There were a couple of upsets, with Maffra, who weren't apparently going to be weaker this season, defeating last year's premiers College, who have added a couple of solid players to their line up. Also, Rosedale Kilmany beat Sale, who had their top 5 batsmen unavailable. In the other game, Wurruk beat Sale City, who haven't won a game since there were 8 ball overs.

All of the games were reasonably low scoring, which was probably a reflection on the poor weather that we had in the area on Thursday and Friday prior to the games. Wickets wouldn't have been all that fantastic.

Any news from the other leagues that kick off in the area?

Back