giving up leg spin

Re: giving up leg spin

legspinking;395692 said:
i cant bowl leg spin in games so changin so i would like to know how u are spos to grip for off spin .

That's a shame. If you're going over to the easy option there's a thread for off-spin/finger spin have a look in there. Also have a look at the Cloverdale videos on youtube, the 2nd video on spin in that series covers finger/off-spin.

I'd like to say good on you (as an offie myself) but I can't.

Have you looked into other options? If you have been a leggie for years it's more than likely you have some skill at it. As much as it pains me to say it, leggies have much more use in the game than offies, and are more effective.

Have you had any sort of coaching? Perhaps asking more questions around here as well on specific problems you have to start you off as well.

Otherwise I could help you out with off spin.

someblokecalleddave;395702 said:
That's a shame. If you're going over to the easy option there's a thread for off-spin/finger spin have a look in there. Also have a look at the Cloverdale videos on youtube, the 2nd video on spin in that series covers finger/off-spin.

He'll be back, they always come back.

i have been bowling leg spin for a year and a half and had no luck and no spin since i inproved acracy but how do u hold the ball as leg spin pics would help cause it might be my grip

legsinking;395779 said:
i have been bowling leg spin for a year and a half and had no luck and no spin since i inproved acracy but how do u hold the ball as leg spin pics would help cause it might be my grip

Two fingers up - two fingers down. Generally a fairly loose grip and the ball is propelled/spun off the 3rd finger (Ring Finger)

Have a look at this you can see how I'm gripping it in this video YouTube - Learning the leg break - spinning the ball - giving it a good flick

Warne talks about it and shows the grip here as well - surely you've seen all these?

YouTube - Shane Warne

someblokecalleddave;395734 said:
Jesus Boris - just noted how many posts you've clocked up in just a year!!!!

Not that had when you post in pretty much every board (worthwhile going into anyway - definitely not those club chat ones ;)) regularly and keep up conversations in all :D

Back on topic -

See you over on the finger spin thread legspinking. Let's see how you fair with the finer of the two spinning arts :p

Back