Glasses while batting

Glasses while batting

Hi everyone i was wondering since i have short eyesight do u think wearing glasses is a good idea while batting as i have difficulty picking the ball from the bowlers hand. and is there anyone here who wears glasses while batting.

Re: Glasses while batting

I used to wear them a few years ago. I didn't like it and found it a distraction sometimes. Getting contact lenses would be a good idea.

My mate is colour blind, like Chris Rogers. He can't see red on green and I don't think he uses contacts and he said when he's fielding and the ball is rolling along the ground it's pretty tough, but yeh, cool.

Ripping-LegBreak said:
Hi everyone i was wondering since i have short eyesight do u think wearing glasses is a good idea while batting as i have difficulty picking the ball from the bowlers hand. and is there anyone here who wears glasses while batting.
Clive Lloyd did, and made a lot of runs, so no worries, wear glasses if you find contact lenses uncomfortable.

Ripping-LegBreak said:
I have a similar problem and wear glasses to stop it. I have no problems whatsoever with wearing glasses when batting, although I still do occasionally struggle to pick the ball up without a sightscreen.

I think if I was wearing glasses when batting I'd definitely want to be wearing a helmet too - getting glass in my eye would freak me out.

Yeah right; wearing a helmet will be a confidence booster.
The best option is to wear contact lens.
Even Anil Kumble wears one and maybe Saurav Ganguly also.

Yeah Zeshaan,
Can u bat with confidence and protection.
One of ur best batsmen in my ex-club also wears glasses and bats at number 3 and efficiently against fast bowlers and spinners.
So try and share ur experience.

I've had glasses since I was 11 and played lots of cricket in them and never had any problems, its just that now that my game has improved and i'm playing faster bowling and guys who hit the ball harder that i plan to get contacts soon. Can any1 share their experiences with contacts and what are the pros and cons....but to your question, yes if you're having trouble picing up the ball u should deffo ware glasses before you get injured ;)

I think contacts are a personal thing. Like some people are fine with them, others get irritated by them.

not being a perscription glasses wearer i cant comment, but i do use a set of Clear lenses for Keeping wicket, Oakley ones......

I got glasses last year and played 5 matches for my school and used glasses. My first time playing some proper cricket with glasses and I really had no problems with them. I just had problems while bowling as they were loose and they would sometimes get off my head.

i wore glasses for ages then tried contacts and found ball easier to see as i did not have distraction of frames this was on recomendation of one of oldr guys in club and worked a treat but love takin em out at end of game and avin a good rub of eyes
happy hitting

Back