Googly - My Hand Hurts

solanki

yes yes, I tried bowling the googly. Not even while bowling a spell in the nets or during a drill. I was just fidgeting with an old leather ball I have lying around and tried dropping the ball with the action of a googly. My hand muscles have been tingly ever since.

Any precautions I should take? I'm 21, so no worries on muscle development. However, it indeed puts a great deal of stress on the forearm. I'm very frail bodied, if it is relevant here.

It really is just a case of building it up... do a few one day, a few more the next and so on.

Do be very careful, if you get carried away it could lead to epicondylitis at the elbow!

You make it sound very serious!

So, what? two/three a day and then build it up from there? And how many increments? I don't want to hurt my hand any more!

No, not serious at all... just don't get carried away. :D

Just play it by ear. If your hand aches the next day, you know you have done too many. I am afraid there is no set number; it depends on the person, their genetics, their general fitness level and the action... some can spin whatever quite a number of times without any issues at all nor thought, it is just natural.

I had a similar problem when i bowled googlies with my old action, and it never got better because i was hyperextending my shoulder to get it around far enough for a googly. I think you need to post a video of you bowling one - if it hurts then you're probably not dropping your front shoulder early enough, it might also help to open up your chest and be more front-on when bowling the googly.

Back