Greg Chappell , Indian coach in conversation with Irfan Path

indiancricketer

Greg Chappell , Indian coach in conversation with Irfan Path

TALK THE WALK

A Week-End Special From CricketNext

Irfan Pathan
Greg Chappell , Indian coach in conversation with Irfan Pathan.

Hi Pat, how you doin, mate You looking low today.

Sir Chap, I was feeling low because I was once again batting in the lower order , that's why?

Don't chat me, with this Sir Chap crap. Call me Sir Chappell, MBE, Pat?

Sorry, Chappell, Sir Ji ! I am lacking that extra premium fuel inside of late.

Well, it's not your fault that some of your sponsors may have shifted to football. Maybe that's why you are lacking in speed these days.

And power, too, Sir Chap, MBE.

Oh, Pat, you are incorrigible. Anyway, I think your bowling lacks sting, your fielding lacks zing, and your batting is on a sling. I think you need to see Dr Rudy Webster?

Why do you want me to meet a rude doctor, Sir Chap?

Pat, you are really a country bumpkin.

Sir, I thought Romesh Powar looks like a pumpkin..

You are wrong. He looks like a pregnant rhinoceros carrying triplets. But talking of figures, what was your bowling analysis in the last game, Pat?

I was hit by a cyclone called Gayle, Sir Ji. Maybe both Dhoni and I have cut our luck out with our locks too , Sir.

You Indians are too superstitious, Pat.

No sir, they actually call us superstars.

Funny, Pat . Very funny--- ha ha ha ha ( imitates a sarcastic ironic laugh)..

Pathan also laughs.

Shut up ! Now listen , take Webster, seriously.

Greg Chappell

I will, Sir! But what happened to Sand Garden?

Oh Sandy Gordon ? Well, he is currently seeing a psychiatrist. They think he is a unique medical case after his experience with us.

Sir Chap, everyone associated with you makes history, Sir? Like brother Trevor, etc?

Chappell smirks. " Betcha, mate! If they don't make history, I make them history itself".

Sir Chap, you are referring to The One Who Cannot Be Named?

Yes, The One Who Will Not Get A Game. Absolutely correct, Pat. That's your best inswinger in months.

Sirji, you embrace me."-Pathan is flushed with the compliment.

No way, Pat, I don't even do that to Rahool, despite the fact that he is been my most obedient yes-man.Good boy, Rahool. Good kid ! Sometimes, I can't believe that he is older than our Lord Voldermort.

Sir Ji, you are taking his name ! You are taking such a big risk.-------. Pathan is looking fearful, and scared .

Shut up, Pat! I fear no one and nothing , excepting playing ODIs against West Indies. .

On hearing about the West Indies, Pathan begins to cry.

Stop being a sissy, Pat! Now Webster will sort you out.

Is he like Spiderman, a comic strip hero?

Oh Pat, silly oaf! Listen I am going to now read my fan mail in the world's latest free webmail which will soon overtake Hotmail and Yahoo?

Really?

And you know, what? It's named after me!

What's it called, Sir Ji?

It's called, G Mail.

Back