Grounds

Re: Grounds

Keep Wandering;406923 said:
Mernda is looking amazing at the moment, no footy for the past 2 months has helped it, the way it is going it will host the barclay granny this year

Its the ar$ehole of the earth, terrible viewing, and worse ground!

There would be 10 other grounds better!

Tongs;407431 said:
Can't remember. Where was the Barclay Shield final last year?

KNOB!

Nah you're right, that's my bad. Mistaking you for one of the other flogs on here.

Your grounds in fine shape.

Carry on.

Tongs;407371 said:
Its the ar$ehole of the earth, terrible viewing, and worse ground!

There would be 10 other grounds better!

Well at least the Schotters Rd oval will be nice and green for the coming season, just drove past and the sprinklers are going flat out

LEGCUTTER;407506 said:
Well at least the Schotters Rd oval will be nice and green for the coming season, just drove past and the sprinklers are going flat out

So Melbourne are meant to have one of the biggest storms and rain fall in years, after already having the most rainfall in 15 years, yet you guys feel the need to water the ground. :confused:

Breed them well up there!

Tongs;407560 said:
So Melbourne are meant to have one of the biggest storms and rain fall in years, after already having the most rainfall in 15 years, yet you guys feel the need to water the ground. :confused:

Breed them well up there!

It would be the City of Whittlesea problem, they have total control over the sprinklers Einstein

LEGCUTTER;407588 said:
It would be the City of Whittlesea problem, they have total control over the sprinklers Einstein

And that organisation has no idea how to manage grounds properly. Look how many grounds they have messed up. Just ask any of the local cricket or football clubs that have been severley inconvenienced by these muppets ! They have mismanaged the mernda ground to the deterement of the football club and now have the sprinklers on in a storm ! :eek:

Keep Wandering;408348 said:
name 10 better grounds

For overall conditions? As in Venue, parking, nets, ground size, grass, pitch, viewing, etc?

If so you wouldn't be very high up!

Tongs;407431 said:
Can't remember. Where was the Barclay Shield final last year?

KNOB!

yeah its a safe bet to schedule the BS grand final at eltham as theres never going to be a home ground advantage issue.;)

and before you remind me, yes you did towel us in round 11, I was there to see it.

Tongs;408354 said:
For overall conditions? As in Venue, parking, nets, ground size, grass, pitch, viewing, etc?

If so you wouldn't be very high up!

about the surface, grass...."you wouldnt be very high up!" what makes you say im from mernda?

100% BULL;408422 said:
yeah its a safe bet to schedule the BS grand final at eltham as theres never going to be a home ground advantage issue.;)

and before you remind me, yes you did towel us in round 11, I was there to see it.

Its no fun when you bag me and then yourself, you leave me with no ammunition! I'm fairly sure (could be wrong) that eltham played in a GF more recent than Bundoora?

Something about houses and stones???

Tongs;408445 said:
Its no fun when you bag me and then yourself, you leave me with no ammunition! I'm fairly sure (could be wrong) that eltham played in a GF more recent than Bundoora?

Something about houses and stones???

01/02 was our last - we beat Plenty and i was triggered by Glen Linton. Wouldn't have hit another set of stumps. Not that i hold a grudge!!

Scotty Gilchrist took 8/10 and Keaysy has never gotten over it:D

Getting there and actually winning are two different things DQ.

Is there anyone alive down there that actually remembers that? :)

Anyone on the boards know where Mernda's lower grades will play this year? Their home games on the E grade fixture show a blank for the ground.

F Troop;408511 said:
Anyone on the boards know where Mernda's lower grades will play this year? Their home games on the E grade fixture show a blank for the ground.

All depends on what sort of shape Royal Doreen is in come round 1. I drove past yesterday and it looked pretty good to me, good grass cover all over.

But final decison will rest with the council, meeting is scheduled for mid-week this week,

F Troop;408511 said:

I'm betting the paddock near the Doreen general store.

I wonder where our bottom teams will be this season? I reckon I might be spending a bit of time up at St Andrews again!

The Ox;408707 said:
I'm betting the paddock near the Doreen general store.

I wonder where our bottom teams will be this season? I reckon I might be spending a bit of time up at St Andrews again!

No chance in hell they will be playing there - it's in worse condition than any ground I have ever played on. Needs a shitload of work and quickly if thats the case.

Back