Group A - Australia v Scotland

C

cleazer

Group A - Australia v Scotland

This was expected to be one of the blowouts of the tournament, and so far, it's shaping up to be just that.

Australia is 114-1 after 22 overs.
Considering some of the scores we've seen out of the warm-up matches over the past week, that's a pretty solid number. This could be one of the few scores over 300 for the entire tournament.

Gilchrist was out for 46, lbw by Brown.
Hayden is up to 51, and Ponting is just getting warmed up.

Re: Group A - Australia v Scotland

Aussies 191-2 after 34.

Ponting has really picked up the pace here, up to 66 from 60 balls.

Australia is well on pace here for over 300, and if Ponting sticks around for another 5 or 8 overs, it'll probably be more like 350.

Haq bowled Clarke, but Hodge has come in and continued the scoring attack.

Australia 218-3 after 38

The rain delay is over and they're playing again.

Australia 251-3 after 42.
Hodge with 27 from 25 balls,
Ponting with 97 from only 80 balls faced.

Good stumping to get Hussey. Boy, was that close, but I think it was the right decision, as he was just barely out.

Australia have slowed down here a little, 276-6 after 46.1

All in all, not a bad performance by Scotland. Looks like they will restrict them to around 300 in the end. Not bad against the (second) best side in the world.

Scotland's bowlers are not doing well here in the late overs - they're giving good length balls that are being crunched all over the ground by the Aussies.

Australia finish up on 334/6.

With some rain circling the ground, maybe what Scotland need to do it coming out swingin, put up 100/2 in 20 overs, and pray to Duckworth and Lewis. :D

Scotland is getting clobbered.
They are 37/4

I'm going to be nervous wreck tomorrow when Bermuda play :eek:

total is now 78/5 after 24.6 overs
Scotland is surely taking a beating. I have a feeling they may not play out the whole 50 overs

The Aussies win it by 203 runs no surprises here
Scotlands final total 131 runs in 40.1 overs

marlyminks;144303 said:
Scotland is getting clobbered.
They are 37/4

I'm going to be nervous wreck tomorrow when Bermuda play :eek:

being realistic, whats the best possible result you think Bermuda could achieve?

BigJeff;144389 said:
being realistic, whats the best possible result you think Bermuda could achieve?

If, and that is a BIG IF, they play to the potential that I know they are capable of they can reach at least 200 runs. They may not have much success against powerhouses India and Sri Lanka, but I think they can be very competitive with Bangladesh and possibly win against them.

They really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I believe the pressure is not on Bermuda, because no one expects them to win any games, but on the other teams in the sense that they will not want to be embarassed by Bermuda. This leaves the Bermuda team to play more relaxed, and when they are relaxed they can be more competitive.

The ROCK to take 8 for 13!!! @|

BUt Sri Lanka to score 250/8 |@

Back