I don't get it, what's the link to?

Re: Group A- Australia Vs Netherlands

cleazer;145434 said:
I don't get it, what's the link to?

no thats a virus that automatically comes up with everything that i post

don't click on it cause its a bitch to get rid of

anyway back on the topic at hand who will win the match tomight

Australia AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, RT Ponting, MJ Clarke, BJ Hodge, MEK Hussey, SR Watson, GB Hogg, NW Bracken, SW Tait, GD McGrath

Netherlands B Zuiderent, DJ Reekers, AN Kervezee, RN ten Doeschate, DLS van Bunge, TBM de Leede, MBS Jonkman, PW Borren, LP van Troost, J Smits, Adeel Raja

No changes to the Australian team. I guess none of their players have fallen off any boats lately. For the Dutch, Jonkman and Raja came in for Stelling and Szwarczynski.

Australia won the toss and chose to bat.

So far, so good, with Australia 43-0 after 8 overs.

Gilchrist hits it high in the air, Tim de Leede has lots of time to run under it. He takes it in his hands, but then it pops out! What a missed opportunity!

This time de Leede is the bowler, and Hayden hits a high one and Borren is able to hang on. Hayden out for 29.

73-1 after 11.5

116-1 after 19

It should be 116-2, but Netherlands had a bad drop on that last ball. He should have caught it, and it looked like he started celebrating too soon.

Other than that, Gilchrist and Ponting are flying along here. Unless the Dutch start hanging on to their catches, Australia will wind up with 350-400 today.

And now it is 116-2!

But instead of Ponting being out, it's Gilchrist who's out for 57.

All of a sudden, Netherlands have realized it's a good idea to hold on to catches!
Now Ponting is out!!

116-3!

Looks like the Netherlands are hanging in there, putting pressure on them. Too bad for the missed catch though, but that happens. Hope they keep the runs down though.

Australia made 358-5 from their 50 overs. Hodge led the way with 123. Clarke finished 93 not out.

In reply, Netherlands are 30-0 from 5 overs. Not too shabby. Hopefully they'll keep it up for a bit and put a respectable score on the board.

Mercy!!, that must be the highest score so far isn't it? A tall order for the Dutch. But a good start so far, let's hope they keep their wickets for a bit longer.

Now 38-3 after 8 overs.
Bracken got 2, and then Tait got ten Doeschate in the next over.

This is going to be an ugly score for the Dutch today.

Michael Clarke with some top fielding to run out Zuiderant.
Holland 46-5

South Africa allowed the Dutch to put up 132. The Aussies may try to restrict them to a much smaller total to send a message to their challengers for the #1 ranking.

Boy! 3 wickets in the space of 8 runs. Not good

Van Bunge out for 33

Netherlands 97-7

I think they said that was McGrath's 50th World Cup wicket.

Netherlands all out for 129

Australia win by 229 runs. Hogg wound up with 4 wickets.

Netherlands aren't a bad team, they just got stuck in a group with the two best teams in the world.

yeah bad luck of the draw
They managed to score over 100 runs against the Aussies, I think that's excellent considering Australia is the No1. team at the moment.

Back