Group B - Sri Lanka vs India

Re: India vs Srilanka match or war for super 8

Good running catch by Murali to get rid of Ganguly.

43-2 after 10.5

Tendulkar gone for a duck!!!!

India 44-3.

India 56-3 after 14 at drinks.

The required rate is 5.5 per over.
They're definitely not out of this yet.

Oh Oh!!! India in early trouble, Tendulkar for a duck!!! good grief, is this the first time for him going for a duck?

Murali gets Sehwag for 48

That's a huge wicket, as Sehwag was the scoring threat for India today.

India 98-4

India 105-4 after 25

they need 150 from the last 25 overs, exactly 6 per over

But that rate may climb above 6 if Murali and Jayasuriya can bowl some good overs and keep the scoring down.

Disastrous running from India. Yuvraj ran, Dravid stayed put.
Yuvraj run out

112-5

and India in huge trouble!

This next partnership between Dhoni and Dravid MUST get India to 200 for them to even have a chance.
Because there isn't much batting left after these two.

Murali gets Dhoni for a duck!!!!!!

India 112-6, and looking like they have no chance now!!!

Bangladesh are 4 wickets and one win over Bermuda away from advancing to the Super Eights!

my my my what a change of events from my last post. If India loses, they will not be able to go back home. I read after their loss to Bangladesh, their fans back home we're burning effigies of the team players and even went as far as wrecking Dhoni's house. This is what our local papers had reported.

Dravid finally out, he hit it high to Murali.
Arnold dropped Dravid on the previous ball, but Murali doesn't have any trouble with this one.

That should be the end of India, they're 159-8

Re: Group B - Sri Lanka vs India

Watching this game has made me really love Murali and the way he plays the game!!! He is so excited by everything he does.

160/8 now after 38.6 overs. I wonder if they will reach 200. Probably not

India all out for 185.
Sri Lanka win by 69 runs.

India are going home barring a miracle win by Bermuda over Bangladesh on Sunday.

Sri Lanka are clearly one of the hot favorites to advance to the semifinals.

cleazer;147371 said:
India all out for 185.
Sri Lanka win by 69 runs.

India are going home barring a miracle win by Bermuda over Bangladesh on Sunday.

Sri Lanka are clearly one of the hot favorites to advance to the semifinals.

So now the only way India are going through is if Bermuda beats Bangladesh? Bermuda is certainly going after a win, pulling all stops to do it.

marlyminks;147374 said:
So now the only way India are going through is if Bermuda beats Bangladesh? Bermuda is certainly going after a win, pulling all stops to do it.

India are going home, man. I don't expect Bermuda to do anything.

Chandu;147467 said:
India are going home, man. I don't expect Bermuda to do anything.

It's not over 'til it over, That's one thing about this good game of cricket, we don't expect the unexpected. :)

Another thought just occured to me. Another motivataion for the Bermuda team to try to beat Bangladesh, is this: The Indian team are the favorite team of the Bermuda players, so they will want India to progress to the super 8's. This will just give them the spark to try to pull of a win, but we have to wait and see how this plays out. After all Bermuda has nothing to lose, barring the game itself.

At least if they happen to lose, they will still be greeted with a hero's welcome when they return home :)

marlyminks;147527 said:
The Indian team are the favorite team of the Bermuda players...

Why?

Seriously, this Bermuda team has had the ignonomity of having had a world record World Cup score of 414 scored against them by an Indian team, who themselves are nothing better than paper tigers that couldn't even beat Bangladesh. To expect such a Bermuda team to perform any miracles is beyond insane. Indian team might as well have left for India on Saturday, even before the Sunday match.

Chandu;147707 said:
Why?

Seriously, this Bermuda team has had the ignonomity of having had a world record World Cup score of 414 scored against them by an Indian team, who themselves are nothing better than paper tigers that couldn't even beat Bangladesh. To expect such a Bermuda team to perform any miracles is beyond insane. Indian team might as well have left for India on Saturday, even before the Sunday match.

You would have to ask the team themselves why? all I know they are fans of the Indian team. However the scenario i gave above was hypothetical. Yes having 414 runs scored against us was outright embarrassing, but those persons, media included who kept painting the Bermuda team as whipping boys of the tournament got their wish didn't they? What can they expect when you have an amateur team playing against professionals.

However there were some positives. They can only get better. Twenty years ago Bangladesh were in the same situation, they improved why? because they were given the opportunities to play against top teams, now they are seeing the results. Bermuda can only improve, yes our population is the smallest and our player pool is not large, but this World Cup participation has given a lot of Bermudian youngsters an incentive to get involved. Prior to that there was none.
Every School yard now has a cricket pitch and cricket is part of their school curriculum. I would say in another 20 years or even sooner, you'll see a different team.

Back