Group C - Canada v Kenya

C

cleazer

Group C - Canada v Kenya

This is expected to be the best chance for both teams to win a match in this World Cup. Of course, they'll both want to upset the two Test teams they play, but it wou;d help if they could pick up a win over their fellow Associates first.

Canada was put in to bat first, and is 97-2 after 24 overs.

Barnett started things off right with 41, and the current partnership, Bagai and Billcliff, have been good for 24 runs so far.

A pretty evenly poised match so far.

Re: Group C - Canada v Kenya

Bagai stumped for 19

Canada 102-3 after 25.3

Davison bowled by Jimmy Kamande for 8.

Canada 115-4 after 30.2

Now Kamande bowls Qaiser Ali

Canada had better watch out here, or they won't get to the 50th over.

127-5 after 34.1

The spin bowling trio of Kamande, Varaiya, and Tikolo has really slowed Canada down here. They haven't been able to score many runs at all since the spin came on.

And now Tikolo gets Billcliff for 34.

Canada 146-6 after 40.3

and frankly, 200 is looking a bit out of reach at the moment

Tikolo gets Mulla for 25

Canada 175-7 after 46.2

They should finish right around 200.
We'll see how well that holds up, but 200 certainly isn't the worst of scores, compared to what we saw in some of the warm-up matches.

Terrible decision to run from Bhatti and Dhaniram.
The keeper overthrew a ball back to Odoyo, and Bhatti ran and Dhaniram stayed perfectly still.

185-8 after 47.4

Canada's 199 all out on the last ball of the innings. Kenya needs 200.

Okay, Dhaniram got Cummins run out too, and then he didn't bother to go for 2 on the final ball, and I think he should have been run out himself, but it looks like he got Osinde run out instead.

All in all, TERRIBLE running from Dhaniram, directly responsible for all 3 runouts. Yes, it was a good idea for him to stick around and to have his partners be the ones who were out, since he at least got Canada to 199, but still, poor running from Dhaniram.

IT seemed like there was just no communication between Dhaniram and the other batsman. The most appalling one was not going for two on the last ball of the innings. It was a direct hit, so he was out anyway, but you almost have to go for an extra run on the last ball, as there is no risk.

152/3 after 34 overs
Looks like Kenya has this one in the bag

Congrats to Colin Smith. Nice 50 against the Reigning Premiers, I see Gav Hamilton got out for 3 :(. It's all about the points !!

Kenya won it, by 7 wickets.
Final score; 203/3 with 40 balls to spare

Steve Tikolo is a very good player. @| Would have been a star for a test-playing nation already, had he not been born a Kenyan.

I know Sandeep Patil must be very proud today of these boys' performance. The former India player also used to be a former Kenya coach, and he had been awarded an honorary Kenyan citizenship for his contribution to Kenyan cricket.

a very dissapointing result for canada, and a shame as we have some canada fans here. the target set was never really something to feel comfortable with, and Kenya proved their class by winning the match with ease.

Chandu;144355 said:
Steve Tikolo is a very good player. @| Would have been a star for a test-playing nation already, had he not been born a Kenyan.

I know Sandeep Patil must be very proud today of these boys' performance. The former India player also used to be a former Kenya coach, and he had been awarded an honorary Kenyan citizenship for his contribution to Kenyan cricket.

Considering he spent more time with the Indian team than with the Kenyan team when we played them in the last World Cup, there are many that thought this a bit rich.

A big contrast to Harper, who is very plainly there to do everything he can for the Kenyan team.

On the cricket side of things though - great performance first up by Kenya. now bring on the two big ones...

Chemosit;145064 said:
Considering he spent more time with the Indian team than with the Kenyan team when we played them in the last World Cup, there are many that thought this a bit rich.

I wasn't aware of these specifics. I only knew about his involvement with Kenya superficially based on what Indian media used to report.

The other day while watching Australia vs. Scotland, I had a hallucination and thought I saw Greg Chappell sitting with the Australia section/players. Immediately I had alarms going off in my brain like "Hey, what is he doing there, first of all he is on the wrong island!?!?!?!?" Within 2 seconds I realized it was only a hallucination and it was Buchanan, not Greg Chappell. But had it been, I can see how it wouldn't be professional.

Back