13 Mar | West Indies v Pakistan
15 Mar | Ireland v Zimbabwe
17 Mar | Ireland v Pakistan
19 Mar | West Indies v Zimbabwe
21 Mar | Pakistan v Zimbabwe
23 Mar | Ireland v West Indies

[b:6fhocu5z]Ground[/b:6fhocu5z]: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Group D : Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

I would say West Indies will win this group with Pakistan coming in second. If CIO Career is anything to go by, Ireland don't stand a chance.
icon_wink.gif

Ireland actually seems pretty good, if that warm-up match against South Africa is anything to go by. Their bowling is usually their weakest point, so they might pull off a few upsets if their batting order lives up to its promise with the way their bowlers are performing.

Their batting is better? I've found by watching associates play that their bowling is usually difficult to get away (probably because either (1) the ball is much slower and therefore the international players aren't used to it or (2) because their batting pales in comparison). I think they're capable of beating at least Zimbabwe. West Indies will be immune, I feel. Pakistan's weakened bowling may actually reveal a chink in their armor.

Their batting is usually considered to be their strength. If they still had Joyce playing for them, they would truly be a serious threat.

If Joyce were still playing for Ireland, they would have beaten SAF in the Warm Up game.

One more loss for Pakistan in this group and perhaps, India might not have the opportunity to continue their winning streak against them in WC matches. The West Indian bowlers seem like quite a handful on their home pitches.

Shame to see Pakistan head home amidst controversy. It'll be even sadder if India follow suit.

Back