had troubles moving my feet.

AUSSIE_BOY

had troubles moving my feet.

yesterday when batting i felt like i couldnt move my feet, it felt like i didnt have enough time 2 react.. (was batting with a head cold)... this happens to me sometimes...

the week b4 i made 38 easy, not a problem scoring...... i use the eye in everyday to get my feet moving and to play shots... but is there any other drills besides the eye in or sock cricket that could assist me here???

Re: had troubles moving my feet.

Just as an aside, do you find the eye-in to be a good investment?

And as for not moving your feet, very few people can come out and straight away have perfect feet movement, you often hear of people, early in your innings, not moving their feet enough and getting out. Maybe its just a case of toughing it out and conciously telling yourself to get those feet moving. Oh and having a head cold cant have helped :laugh:

what you can try doing is a on-the-spot shuffle which gets the feet moving just before the ball is bowled which helps you get into
a good position early but you should be balanced the entire time. Otherwise when your going onto the front you fall off slightly
so practice it in th nets and it will help you alot like it has done for me.

Nothing beats 15 mins in the nets before going out to bat. Even a few throwdowns will help to the blood pumping and the feet moving.

yeah all 3 of u are right......

DJ i do have an initial trigger movement... but it didnt seem 2 help...

spot on MR cricket... it would have been a big help if i had a bit of time facing medium pace..

Jimmy... the eye-in is worth its weight in gold m8... gr8 piece of equipment i think... and ur right... the week b4 i had 2 overs of bloking and watchin b4 i made a run... i must of got a bit keen and wanted 2 get a move on.... ur right.. the head cold was a neat little side challenge lol..

Must've been! but next time just take your time to get your eye in, and at 1st drop you would know the value of investing in an innings! just see how the bowlers are fairing, how the pitch is playing. I know the experience of trying to get a wriggle on a bit to early and playing across the line and getting bowled. Its never nice being the first one out on the team! :D

And I have got an eye-in and i have been trying to use it 20 or so minutes every day, and i just get this feeling that my timing really has improved

no doubt it has m8... i kno it has improved my game....

the only problem with takin my time yesterday was... IT WAS A ONE DAYER!! only had 40 overs and we were chasin a run rate of 4 and a bit so we couldnt afford maidens...

Well that would throw the whole getting in out. But if you play like Andy Symonds does now, just takes his time (not too long mind you) gets his eye in, knocks around the singles then he goes for it, and 9/10 it works out for him

thats a problem i gotta fix... im not an aggressive batsmen until i am well and truely into my innings...

And thats a good thing from a 1st drop. In most cases you would be considered the teams best batsmen, so if you make a slow start at the beginning, your team shouldn't mind because they know you will end up getting quick runs later on

true... lol we got a bit of a problem in our team with collapsing batting orders... so the partnership u do have is vital :p

Wow, your team sounds a lot like my team. In fact sometimes the only good partnership is the opening one, and even then it might not be that good :laugh:

lol yeah m8... we have had games where its been 1- 90 and we have had games where it has been 4- 15 lol go figure haha

What can you say. My teams finished last for like the past three season. But i know what you mean, in this game we are 0/77 but somthing like last game, i think it was, we fell from 0/50 odd to 5/70 odd, we're just to inconsistent!

Thats precisely what my Dad says, 'the talents there, you just got to put it into use'. But until that happens, it looks like my team will look to the opener with a slight fondness for Phil Jaques

Oh and i forgot to meantion, i got my highest score after one days play today. I'm a bit of a stone waller but I'm getting better! and the timings becoming ever more sweeter.

Well you see............. (James mumbles something about 17*)

It was a good score considering my previous scores, namely 29* after 49 overs and 10 after 25 overs. I know im a bit slow, and it was for the good of the team (or so i keep telling myself :D). Im more of an accumulator than a dasher like so many openers nowadays. As opener i see it as my duty to take the shine off the ball and tiring out the oppositions best bowlers, thereby making it easier for the rest of my team

Oh that and i dont quite have the strength to hit boundaries just yet, but im working on it. I do get lots of two's however

And seeing as it was the first game back from the christmas break, both me and my partner were struggling for timing. We both missed out on so many shots that we would've got normally. So I reackon i could've been on 30 easy if i had have been able to find my timing earlier

Mate, I got 1 run in an hour (mind you that saved us the match and we got the draw, we were 9 down with like 2 hours to go, me and my mate put on about 10, but we stayed in for an hour and I was still not out, and then they batted for an hour, and were equal on our score but then time ran out so they were gonna come back and make it next week [don't ask me why they didn't want to face just 1 more over...] but yeh next week it was pooring down rain so there was no cricket played woo) and then 1 in 10 overs (also to draw the match). xD Last season I was nicknamed defense, or D.

Back