Haileybury

Wiz

Haileybury

I'm sick of you blokes who slag of us. Why can't you appreciate that we are a good team with unbelievable depth throughout our squad. And for you blokes who reckon were cheats because of all the scholarships there is no rule against it and now other sides are following suit.

This thread is set up for people (not just from HC) to say their thoughts about this juggernaut of a team.

Re: Haileybury

the fact that mgs 2s bowled haileybury 2s out for 48 i think would kill your "depth throughout the squad" remark. having played against your 1s i would be the first to say that they are a very talented team. however, the scholarship precedent you as a school have set is a black mark on the APS

Even though the 2nds go bowled out for 40 odd they still have some good players. but more than half the team are spanners.

Haileyburys year 10a team has some very talented cricketers who WILL play 1sts cricket at some stage. and as for the current team, there are 2 guns injured and 1 alright player. so the depth is there, but injury has struck us down a bit.

so the 2s team that melbourne played had 3 players missing, which then would of made the game more interesting

haha don't make excuses, HC have a very good 1's team but the depth in the rest of their cricket program is just not there, 3 players would not have made a difference HC were bowled out for 48 and in reply MGS were 2/210 off 13 overs, 3 players will not make much of a dent in that scorecard

your 1's team had a couple of players who couldn't bat to save themselves and didn't bowl either (number 11 batsman couldn't field either), the depth just isn't there.

i think it is fair to say that your depth comment is ridiculous

yeh the 2nd XI struggled against mgs.
players were missing, but that is no excuse, the bowling attack just struggles because there is no strike bowlers.
bgs next game should be a pearler...or not.

superhoops;141947 said:
the fact that mgs 2s bowled haileybury 2s out for 48 i think would kill your "depth throughout the squad" remark. having played against your 1s i would be the first to say that they are a very talented team. however, the scholarship precedent you as a school have set is a black mark on the APS

agreed. wiz, this bloke just nailed the final stake in the coffin that is this poor agrument. our school has no depth

however it must be said that we have 14 good badminton teams and 16 good table tennis teams.

both the crap cricket and good badminton and table tennis teams spawn from the same problem. our school is packed for of asians and academics.

we cant ever field a thirds footy team, and thats with all the scholarships weve had in recent years with footy.

i think that that is a good reason to have scholarships dont you?

I wasn't talking about our cricket program from year 9 up. I was talking about the firsts squad of about 15 players who have all played ones cricket this season.

Wiz;142174 said:
I wasn't talking about our cricket program from year 9 up. I was talking about the firsts squad of about 15 players who have all played ones cricket this season.

guys playing 1sts does not indicate depth. depth comes from a strong 2s and 10As with guys constantly putting pressure on 1sts blokes for places. bowling a team out for 48 and 57 (in the 20/20 played afterwards) indicates that after the scholarships and guys like bayard etc. haileybury are left wanting in the depth stakes

superhoops. you have no idea.
the 10a team this year has some freaks and jacko (year 9) is going to be a gun and a regular in the coming years.
take a look at the whole picture before you open your trap.

correct me if i'm wrong but MGS has beaten HC in 2nds (lost once), 10a's (lost once), 9a's (lost twice), 8a's (haven't lost) and possibly even 7a's. MGS has by far the most depth out of all the APS cricket programs

Back