Hayden Appreciation Thread

Well he has called it quits today.

But what a gun:

M 103
R 8625
Av 50.73
HS 380
100's 30

Another aussie champion gone following the likes of Warne, McGrath, Langer,Gilly.

farwell Haydos.

Re: Hayden Appreciation Thread

He has retired, a great champion and one of the best openers of all times. One of my favorite players ad it's been a joy watching him play.

Thanks for the memories Haydos, a real superstar.

Hope your retirement is fullfilling.

What a player, I'll never forget the way he dominated bowlers, anywhere anytime.

Champion.

Deadset legend!! i still had hope for him to get his form back in the domestic tests and come back for the SA test tour but i guess it was not meant to be.

Thanks for the memories!

They should've gave him a send off game in the 20/20, it's just a bit of fun anyways..

Despite this year's performance he is still going to be the best player that has ever played for Australia, he has done wonders and has made the Australian cricket enjoyable and it was pleasant to watch him bat until the form collapse, he did a good thing and retired, means he wants the best for the Australian cricket.

Aleks.;308638 said:
Despite this year's performance he is still going to be the best player that has ever played for Australia, he has done wonders and has made the Australian cricket enjoyable and it was pleasant to watch him bat until the form collapse, he did a good thing and retired, means he wants the best for the Australian cricket.

Let's not get carried away here. :eek:

Anyway, fantastic player, and a joy to watch (as Mark Nicholas would say) when at his brutal best. We'll miss you, but it was getting to the point where it was inevitable.

Best of wishes for your retirement, Haydos. You'll never be forgotten!

BabyBlues;309036 said:
Let's not get carried away here. :eek:

Anyway, fantastic player, and a joy to watch (as Mark Nicholas would say) when at his brutal best. We'll miss you, but it was getting to the point where it was inevitable.

Best of wishes for your retirement, Haydos. You'll never be forgotten!

Agreed mate.

Thanks Haydos, will never forget your big 380 mate.

I still reckon he was essentially a flat track bully, but he provided good service to the team and I'll miss him.

Nothing wrong with being a flat track bully, One of the best openers Australia has had & will be sorly missed

Merv;312696 said:
Nothing wrong with being a flat track bully, One of the best openers Australia has had & will be sorly missed

Exactly. He may have struggled on particularly lively pitches, but he made up for it by being arguably the best batsman in the world on flatter decks.

i saw him bat on boxing day 2007.
fantastic innings.
helped us get to a decent target for the indians.

The "flat track bully' tag ignores some of Haydens better innings. People associate Hayden with absolutely smashing the ball to all parts, but he grafted on more than a fair few occassions. If he's a flat track bully then so is every other batsman in international cricket, because hell- there aren't too many difficult pitches around.

He was one of my favourite cricketers. I absolutely loved watching him. I know he polarises opinion, and unfortunately, there will always be questions marks around how good he was. But hell, I thought he was brilliant.

MV!;313629 said:
The "flat track bully' tag ignores some of Haydens better innings. People associate Hayden with absolutely smashing the ball to all parts, but he grafted on more than a fair few occassions. If he's a flat track bully then so is every other batsman in international cricket, because hell- there aren't too many difficult pitches around.

He was one of my favourite cricketers. I absolutely loved watching him. I know he polarises opinion, and unfortunately, there will always be questions marks around how good he was. But hell, I thought he was brilliant.

Agreed.

Back