HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

sam_j_adams;407625 said:
A little birdie tells me that the baby falcons are being lured to that new identity at AK Lines ! Better opportunities to grow and progress up the talent tree.

well your little birdie has been lying to you samuel

sam_j_adams;407625 said:
A little birdie tells me that the baby falcons are being lured to that new identity at AK Lines ! Better opportunities to grow and progress up the talent tree.

Looking at your recent posts, you wouldn't be in training to be a marketing executive would you?

I'm loving that young Sachin "Slum Dog" Anand is down at Rosebank.
How do people think he is gonna go, can he fit in the premiership side, and who are Heidelberg going to turn to in terms of replacing the likely retired players?

barbarathepelican;407807 said:
I'm loving that young Sachin "Slum Dog" Anand is down at Rosebank.
How do people think he is gonna go, can he fit in the premiership side, and who are Heidelberg going to turn to in terms of replacing the likely retired players?
Hopefully a few of the younger guys step up and put as much effort into training & game day as they do on this site!!

:)
paul collingwood;407362 said:
coming from the same bloke that reckons jason mcgann is playing there as well? drop off champ!

was training down at northcote indoor wednesday night 1 out 2 aint bad :)

onemoreover;407673 said:
Looking at your recent posts, you wouldn't be in training to be a marketing executive would you?

No, not at all. Just keeping across the comings and goings of the local cricket clubs. But, hey, if you're offering me a job, well ......

sam_j_adams;408090 said:
no, not at all. Just keeping across the comings and goings of the local cricket clubs. But, hey, if you're offering me a job, well ......

I'll call if a position becomes available. :D :D

Can anybody explain why the fixtures take so long to come out? Is it because we're moving to 5 grades this season and ground availability? anybody have any rumours from any clubs now that pre-season training is nearly finished? have numbers been strong at your respective clubs?

walter cronkite;408879 said:
Can anybody explain why the fixtures take so long to come out? Is it because we're moving to 5 grades this season and ground availability? anybody have any rumours from any clubs now that pre-season training is nearly finished? have numbers been strong at your respective clubs?

Heidelberg have been struggling with numbers through movements and retirees. Might get a few suprise inclusions by some younger blokes

The inability of the HDCA to have a fixture up by now is an absolute disgrace - even if they were only able to put up the 1st's and 2nd's, at least people would know what the split of one and two dayers is when planning summer holidays and the like. For those of us with kids who want to get away from Melbourne for a few weeks, it'd be nice to know I'd only miss one game rather than a one dayer followed by the first week of a two dayer!

- Have heard that Tony Tenuta's newsagency has lost some staff, and he'll be forced to work on Saturdays until Christmas
- Heidelberg are shot; will struggle to field a 3rd XI based on training numbers
- Abbott from Edinburgh has broken his leg, so is out for the season

Has anyone heard from the Westies? Is Aidan playing again or is he finally going to have a crack and stop being a big fish? Have a huge amount of respect for him as a batsman, and time for him as a bloke, but I'd also love to see him try to step up.

So, what's to happen next Saturday ?

Do we defer to teh Sunday or reschedule to a date later in the season ?

According to the website, there is no cricket this weekend. I doubt if there'll be any cricket anywhere in Victoria this weekend.

bringbackdeano;409256 said:
According to the website, there is no cricket this weekend. I doubt if there'll be any cricket anywhere in Victoria this weekend.

Wrong, it says there's no cricket on Saturday.

In any case, my understanding is that an official announcement will be made this afternoon that will see this Saturday treated as an abandoned round (just like if it had rained too much), and made up on a Sunday later in the season.

Also, any truth to the rumour that the HDCA paid off players from both teams to manufacture a draw so they'd have more time to organise this season's fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back