HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

I'm not a big fan here of people playing 17 green commenting on people in 17 gold and thinking they know what they are talking about...i suggest u dont comment on the HDCA U/17 teams and to keep your thoughts about a topic you have no idea about

tracey bartram;339417 said:
market value for quality coaches? il admit paves does seem like a good coach and is a quality player but i wouldnt say paying butera for 2 years for 2 semi final losses was money well spent...and you were even stupid enough to try get him after banyule had already told him to **** off coz he is such a spook...smart move that one d.pybus!! well played!!
If you want to have a crack, then get your facts straight. Mick Butera coached Greensborough for one year, not two as you have stated. Mick scored 633 runs for the season including a 95 in the semi final when they got within 31 runs chasing down 335 against Rosanna. Hardly a terrible year. Mick had the second highest runs scored in the competition for the year and had the highest average in A Grade for the year (63.30), including 5 scores above 50.
Hardly wasted money, I would say money well spent.
Greensborough is not the only club that pays players or coaches, yet you would think so by the chat on this website. You would all be very surprised by who is and who isn't paid at the GCC.
Greensborough can and will pay what they feel is necessary to attract quality players, their off-field Team have ensured that with sound financial management and lots of hard work.
Greensborough is a financially secure club and makes decisions based on the entire playing group, that is the reason for the move to the DVCA. A competition that can accommodate all of our players and all of our teams.
Instead of sitting behind your keyboards having a crack at others, why don't you get off your backsides and have a go at strengthening your own clubs. Stronger clubs mean a stronger competition. The HDCA as a competition has become weaker because the clubs have become weaker. Sides have disappeared, grades have disappeared and have become amalgamated with other competitions (One Day Competition).
I personally hope that the HDCA can flourish in the future, there are a lot of good people and a lot of good players in this competition and I will miss playing against them. But for the future of my club, there is only one decision. That is why myself and 58 of my clubmates unanimously voted to move to a competition that can accommodate all of my team mates from the A grade captain to the young kid cutting his teeth in senior cricket in our sixth grade side.
Good luck to the HDCA and its clubs, we wish you all the best for the future.

ari gold;339368 said:
yeah well done greensy,
thank god you guys are leaving the comp, you are way to good to be in the HDCA, winning 4th grade flags and all, you guys are sooo good
You are a muppet!
A premiership is a premiership regardless of what grade it is. Do you think 4th grade players work any less on their game or try any less than any other players?
How many senior premierships have you won champ?
How about adding something constructive to any thread. Is there any danger that you may bring something intelligent and topical to the conversation or are you just going to hide behind your keyboard and slap everyone down. It is a sad, sad person that feels it necessary to criticise other peoples achievments and successes.
Greensborough have been criticised for not making A Grade finals and are now being criticised for winning a D Grade premiership. Damned if they do and damned if they don't!

ari gold;339699 said:
quiet you luke houben

Since I have no idea who or what a luke houben is, I can only assume that it is some unsavoury illness that you may have recently been afflicted with. Maybe this has affected your thought processes and hence the ongoing compulsion to be overly/unfairly critical of others achievements and/or performances.

If that is the case I can only hope you get better soon and are then able to muster some valid and constructive commentary in the future. That I would like to see for sure! All the best to you.

ari gold;339699 said:
quiet you luke houben

By the way my original comments still stand.

In summary, elevate the standard of your content and contributions to the forums and do the HDCA a favour. I don't know why people would ever want to come and play cricket in the HDCA if such dis-respect of clubs/players is continually presented within such a public medium. Behind peoples back is bad enough but this is another level again.

Respect can be one of the hardest things in life to obtain and retain. But so easily lost. The first step in receiving it is giving it. You may be potentially the best cricketer in the world, this will not guarantee you any respect.

And the people others seek to publicly humilate no matter what the victims standard of cricket, are still the people that roll up week after week, in spite of your commentary and put numbers on the park to allow a game to proceed. It may just be the game you will be enjoying being part of!

onemoreover;339885 said:
Since I have no idea who or what a luke houben is, I can only assume that it is some unsavoury illness that you may have recently been afflicted with. Maybe this has affected your thought processes and hence the ongoing compulsion to be overly/unfairly critical of others achievements and/or performances.

If that is the case I can only hope you get better soon and are then able to muster some valid and constructive commentary in the future. That I would like to see for sure! All the best to you.

too far

swifty_147;339488 said:
haha who are you onemoreover?
when people are saying that jack rudd and james norman are going to be absolute superstars, i think that might start an argument
i'm justin powick and anything i say on this site i guarantee i will say it to anybodys face
What's your argument? That they won't become great players?
Instead of beating your chest and declaring to the world who you are, how about delivering some insightful and intelligent commentary that may back up your difference of opinion.
Anyone can oppose a view, that's easy. Share your great cricket knowledge with us rather than your one line statements

TGAT;339964 said:
What's your argument? That they won't become great players?
Instead of beating your chest and declaring to the world who you are, how about delivering some insightful and intelligent commentary that may back up your difference of opinion.
Anyone can oppose a view, that's easy. Share your great cricket knowledge with us rather than your one line statements

They will not become absolute superstars
Jack Rudd has some potential with his bowling and James Norman is a top bloke, but i don't think they are going to be anything special
Jack Rudd scores to slowly when batting but he might quicken up as he gets taller and stronger, he is very inconsistent with his bowling, some days he will bowl well and some days he wont
James Norman seems to be a pretty good keeper and needs to work on facing spin when batting
Phillip Demiris needs to get his head out of his ass and stop being a keyboard warrior and focus on his cricket
he could be an ok batsmen, i don't rate his bowling at all

thought?
do you agree with me at all?

i think that they will eventually play A grade when they are older but they wont be playing district cricket

swifty_147;339985 said:
They will not become absolute superstars
Jack Rudd has some potential with his bowling and James Norman is a top bloke, but i don't think they are going to be anything special
Jack Rudd scores to slowly when batting but he might quicken up as he gets taller and stronger, he is very inconsistent with his bowling, some days he will bowl well and some days he wont
James Norman seems to be a pretty good keeper and needs to work on facing spin when batting
Phillip Demiris needs to get his head out of his ass and stop being a keyboard warrior and focus on his cricket
he could be an ok batsmen, i don't rate his bowling at all

thought?
do you agree with me at all?

i think that they will eventually play A grade when they are older but they wont be playing district cricket
Thank you for your insight, it is refreshing to read some actual analysis.
I agree with many of your comments. But when I said they would become superstars, I meant that they will be superstars of the club. I wouldn't ever put pressure on a young kid and state that they will play district level or above. I have seen plenty of talented cricketers that didn't make it and it had nothing to do with their ability. But these kids will be very, very good players if they continue to work hard.
Jack Rudd is tiny and when he fills out he will be stronger and more confident. You are correct in saying that his bowling is inconsistent, but on his day he is very good. I watched him take a 6 for in a senior game this season and he was unplayable. He is a great kid and he has plenty of talent. Time will tell what he does with that talent.
James has an excellent technique and is an under-rated keeper. He can also bowl. He is inconsistent but he bowls wicket taking deliveries. He took a wicket with his first ball in the 4th grade grand final on the week end. He will be better next year with a year of senior cricket under his belt. He is a great kid and has plenty of heart. He has all the strokes and just needs to build up his confidence. He finished the year with a senior premiership. Could be anything in the future.
Phil has an excellent straight-bat technique and had great patience when batting, he has come a long way this year. His bowling is OK, but he wont be a bowler, he will be a top order batsmen. He is a good kid and again he will have benefited from his first year in Senior Cricket. He also finished the year with a senior premiership.
I make these comments from a Senior cricket perspective as I have not seen any of them play junior cricket. I have played with all three of these kids this year and I rate them highly.

TGAT;340003 said:
I agree with many of your comments. But when I said they would become superstars, I meant that they will be superstars of the club. I wouldn't ever put pressure on a young kid and state that they will play district level or above. I have seen plenty of talented cricketers that didn't make it and it had nothing to do with their ability. But these kids will be very, very good players if they continue to work hard.
Jack Rudd is tiny and when he fills out he will be stronger and more confident. You are correct in saying that his bowling is inconsistent, but on his day he is very good. I watched him take a 6 for in a senior game this season and he was unplayable. He is a great kid and he has plenty of talent. Time will tell what he does with that talent.
James has an excellent technique and is an under-rated keeper. He can also bowl. He is inconsistent but he bowls wicket taking deliveries. He took a wicket with his first ball in the 4th grade grand final on the week end. He will be better next year with a year of senior cricket under his belt. He is a great kid and has plenty of heart. He has all the strokes and just needs to build up his confidence. He finished the year with a senior premiership. Could be anything in the future.
Phil has an excellent straight-bat technique and had great patience when batting, he has come a long way this year. His bowling is OK, but he wont be a bowler, he will be a top order batsmen. He is a good kid and again he will have benefited from his first year in Senior Cricket. He also finished the year with a senior premiership.
I make these comments from a Senior cricket perspective as I have not seen any of them play junior cricket. I have played with all three of these kids this year and I rate them highly.

yes, well haven't seen them play seniors and am only saying this from a juniors perspective
i have not seen James Norman bowl before so I cannot rate that
What does he bowl?

He bowls spin, he is a left arm chinaman.
I think he will be a better keeper though. he was very good when asked to keep this year in seniors

ari gold;338734 said:
mate, im not even from west, im actually from heidelberg so don't talk to me about playing finals.
and as for recruiting players from other comps, you dont recruit anyone, you just buy all these duds who you think are champions
Who are all of the supposed "duds" that Greensborough have "bought"?
Which "duds" are you referring too?

id also like to make a quick mention to the great one
darren pybus
he would easily make it into my top 3 worst blokes in the HDCA
does anyone actually think he is a decent human being?

TGAT;340003 said:

TGAT & Swifty......excellent. This type of discussion is what I think people would like to see. Civil discussion, opinions and reasoning. Well done.

I know of most juniors in the HDCA in one way or another. The harshest comment was pointed at the lad Philip Demiris. I have spoken with him and watched him play on ocassion. I sort of know where swifty is coming from though, not that it needed to expressed quite that way. Phil will learn about the delivery of respect and humility in his own time. He is like so many young kids and trying to be grown up to early (some of us adults provide poor example to juniors sometimes). He is a good kid like most of you, just cut him some slack and help him in this regard. You of all people have the ability to do that rather than berating him for his inabilty to see his behaviour!

As for the subject of "superstardom", as TGAT indicates, this can mean different things for different people. I myself would simply urge all young cricketers to simply do their best and enjoy everything the game has to offer. Suck it in, in copius quantities whatever your ability level. Make the most of the friends you can make, including clubmates, opponents and officials. If you are an ambitious young cricketer with any concensus of talent then work hard to improve and hone your skills. Focus on your own development and not that of others. When you have done all that remember, take whatever opportunities come your way, because you are not alone in seeking those opportunities. But remember this as long as you play, there is really no such thing as failure in cricket, only lessons to learn and wisdom to be acquired. Usually it's time to retire well before you achieve those.

cheers

ari gold;340024 said:
darren pybus

Hhhmmm................ the mistake you are making is that you have such a list in the first place. You must waste a lot of your waking hours. Really!

onemoreover;340047 said:
Hhhmmm................ the mistake you are making is that you have such a list in the first place. You must waste a lot of your waking hours. Really!

my god you are so bland.

you are pushing lewis seccombes level of blandness here champ

ari gold;340024 said:
darren pybus
You obviously don't know Darren very well to make a comment like that.
He is a terrific bloke who loves his club, loves his mates and loves his family, all with a great energy and passion.
If you are half the man Darren Pybus is, you will be a lucky man.
Don't make comments about people that you know nothing about.
Leave your personal attacks of this site, they are unwanted and unneccessary!

TGAT;340076 said:
You obviously don't know Darren very well to make a comment like that.
He is a terrific bloke who loves his club, loves his mates and loves his family, all with a great energy and passion.
If you are half the man Darren Pybus is, you will be a lucky man.
Don't make comments about people that you know nothing about.
Leave your personal attacks of this site, they are unwanted and unneccessary!

oh yeah his a legend,
just a great man with great morals
an example of this is in the 2's
grand final last saturday when he skyed a ball to sachin anand (a 16 year old) and yelling "sachin is an f***ing *******, he wont f***ing catch it"
what a 'terrific bloke'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back