HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

butterball;364070 said:
their 2 opening bowlers are quicker than anything in A-GRADE, i kid you not, and one of them would bat 3 or 4 in A-grade, did open the bowling in District, not that long ago.

Completely guessing, as I have no idea on this at all, but does one of them play footy at North Heidelberg?

If so, definitely quick, but some of the better batsmen getting around the HDCA will pick him off because he sprays it BIG time.[/QUOTE]

I think your talking about John Green very good bowler in he"s day. Not sure how he will go Im told he does have a shoulder problem! But to see him back playing cricket will be a massive pick up and good for the game.

The Wizz;364084 said:
Completely guessing, as I have no idea on this at all, but does one of them play footy at North Heidelberg?

If so, definitely quick, but some of the better batsmen getting around the HDCA will pick him off because he sprays it BIG time.

I think your talking about John Green very good bowler in he"s day. Not sure how he will go Im told he does have a shoulder problem! But to see him back playing cricket will be a massive pick up and good for the game.[/QUOTE]

Good to see him back if this is correct, would be interesting to see if he has the pace or if he can use swing and cut

Slapper;364158 said:
Who is this Trent Scannel you speak of??? and is there anymore to your question.

Trent Scannel - plays footy at North Heidelberg. Quick opening left arm bowler and has played at Macleod for past 4 seasons, but didn't play last year.

Is he up for grabs, cause if so, would be a handy acquisition to any HDCA side and would open any attack.

Have heard the name bantied around in previous years as someone who would follow others to a new club for the right price, not sure if that is correct, but faintly remember this being the case a couple of years ago.

serg fernandez;364166 said:
Trent Scannel - plays footy at North Heidelberg. Quick opening left arm bowler and has played at Macleod for past 4 seasons, but didn't play last year.

Is he up for grabs, cause if so, would be a handy acquisition to any HDCA side and would open any attack.

North Heidelberg's opening attack, John Green from one end and Trent Scannel from the other end, playing in C-Grade, in the words of Tony Greig "absolute carrrrrrrnage". They will hurt someone before the season ends, very good "IN YOUR FACE" bowlers

Blah Blah Blah
Most A-grade bats would welcome the pace
Spoke with a bloke who opened in District 1's for a few years on Monday who suggested overrated
Lee Gray would be there best cricketer.
Heard on the grapevine that Rossana, edinburgh & heidelberg have all gone to the sub contient to get recruits.
A-grade - my Tip Banyule back to back with the O'Connor brothers running riot!
Big recruiting frommthe bears....
ll good for the comp with quality players.

Certainly is good for the comp to have most teams proactively recruiting to increase the over all standard of play. Should be a good year and I personally am excited to see the re-invigoration of the comp. Still think the same names will be on leaderboards and average boards, but fresh names will cause much discussion.

"Stewie Wright has come back after a season elsewhere, which will fill a big hole in our batting line-up."

Just saw this on a different thread, another EI loss?

Slapper;364543 said:
"Stewie Wright has come back after a season elsewhere, which will fill a big hole in our batting line-up."

who cares, it's east ivanhoe

Slapper;364543 said:

Yes he has gone back to Thomastown.

Who do you believe will be some of the players to watch this year? are there any new names appearing that might start to challenge some of the same old award winners?

I am keen to see Johno Taranto step up this year and take himself to a new level, keen to see the young spinner from H'berg step up I think his name was Anand, and would also like to see Joel Kana from Hberg West step up also.

Slapper;364571 said:
Who do you believe will be some of the players to watch this year? are there any new names appearing that might start to challenge some of the same old award winners?

I am keen to see Johno Taranto step up this year and take himself to a new level, keen to see the young spinner from H'berg step up I think his name was Anand, and would also like to see Joel Kana from Hberg West step up also.

anand MAY be playing at fitzroy doncaster this year
around 50-50 i think.

sidney;364213 said:
North Heidelberg's opening attack, John Green from one end and Trent Scannel from the other end, playing in C-Grade, in the words of Tony Greig "absolute carrrrrrrnage". They will hurt someone before the season ends, very good "IN YOUR FACE" bowlers

Spoke to Trent Scannel during divvy 2 fotty grand final and he has confirmed that both he and John Green will be playing this year for North Heidelberg.
Would not want to be playing C grade against them this year. This could get very ugly !!

serg fernandez;364840 said:
Spoke to Trent Scannel during divvy 2 fotty grand final and he has confirmed that both he and John Green will be playing this year for North Heidelberg.
Would not want to be playing C grade against them this year. This could get very ugly !!

People behind the stumps will need to be able to catch though, and I am sure there are teams out there with teams good enough to combat them.

Slapper;364964 said:
People behind the stumps will need to be able to catch though, and I am sure there are teams out there with teams good enough to combat them.

Are you aware that Trent Scannel took over 40 wickets in a season opening the bowling for Macleod 1's ? And I hear John Green is even quicker.

I doubt that Trent will turn up for half the games anyway such is his reliability.
Remember too, we are talking C grade, not A grade.

serg fernandez;364966 said:
Are you aware that Trent Scannel took over 40 wickets in a season opening the bowling for Macleod 1's ? And I hear John Green is even quicker.

I doubt that Trent will turn up for half the games anyway such is his reliability.
Remember too, we are talking C grade, not A grade.

Understand that it is 3rd grade, but there are some players in that grade that wont be afraid no matter how quick they are and teams that have good quality players with the ability to combat them.
Just because they are quick does not mean they will get all their wickets as bowled, hence the comment about the behind the stump catches, as without the adequate catching ability the wickets wont fall.
However, there will also be teams that they obliterate, if they show up and are as quick as you believe.
Do they have any other players or are they hoping that these two get them a promotion for the following year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back