HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

Howzat, any chance we can turn our mind to the next big issue our comp is facing - getting some fair-dinkum amber fluid type product down at BSO for the comp presentation night!:p

northmetroboy;346407 said:
maybe a better first and second XI....maybe??

but didnt greensy have 6 sides and 5 or so junior teams??

tell me they are a better club in 12 months on here, moose

i'll be watching....29/4/2010.

YEP METROBOY will be interested to see if they can match greensy NOT making the 1st X1 final 4 !!! hmmm powerful club that!!

ITK!;346514 said:
Howzat, any chance we can turn our mind to the next big issue our comp is facing - getting some fair-dinkum amber fluid type product down at BSO for the comp presentation night!:p

hmmm nothing wrong is there with a nice Slate Bourbon or a delightful XXXX
Gold !! Anyone know why this night is not being held at GREENSBOROUGH ??

SamualSwine;346575 said:

Pavey GORN and with him goes Gardner from the bergs and Ando from the zanna's all off to Plenty for some big cash!!!! Watch this space !!

tough little bugga;346577 said:
Pavey GORN and with him goes Gardner from the bergs and Ando from the zanna's all off to Plenty for some big cash!!!! Watch this space !!

Pretty smart move by Plenty - Pay Pigman and Ando 10K between them and get back 15K over the canteen. Hopefully they're serving lettuce and carrot up there for Paves!:D

ITK!;346585 said:
Pretty smart move by Plenty - Pay Pigman and Ando 10K between them and get back 15K over the canteen. Hopefully they're serving lettuce and carrot up there for Paves!:D

there wont be a lot of dohnuts left in a 12 pack with those 2 there !!!:D

Moose;346570 said:
YEP METROBOY will be interested to see if they can match greensy NOT making the 1st X1 final 4 !!! hmmm powerful club that!!

oh they'll make your top 4 alright....just be interested to see who you would rather have in your comp in 12 months time....time will tell.

northmetroboy;346603 said:
oh they'll make your top 4 alright....just be interested to see who you would rather have in your comp in 12 months time....time will tell.

Well 1 thing is certain that in 12 months time you will be posting on here still bagging them and it's becasue of idiots like you that our comp has become even more of a laughing stock.

Take a leaf out of this site where most of the people from HDCA are welcoming rosebank and embracing the challenge and not bagging them 24/7

duckman;346614 said:
Well 1 thing is certain that in 12 months time you will be posting on here still bagging them and it's becasue of idiots like you that our comp has become even more of a laughing stock.

Take a leaf out of this site where most of the people from HDCA are welcoming rosebank and embracing the challenge and not bagging them 24/7

stop stalking me

northmetroboy;346603 said:

I am with you Metro Boy.
All these blokes have done there research on Rosebank? lol... they reckon we are sh** blokes at GCC, wait to they get there hands on Rosebank, then we will see this forum full of Rosebank bashing. These blokes reckon we pay big money for players. Rosebank will blow Rosanna's, Heidelberg West, and Banyule's playing budgets for 2 season's. If Rosebank keeps it's playing list then they will blow you blokes out of the water.

Well done to HDCA for getting one of North metro's strong sides, but remember all that has happen at this stage is replacement of competitive club with competitive club. Advantage HDCA, NMCA on hands and knees now, with the word other clubs keen to head over.

Making the comp stronger is all what the Executive are about, and they are well on there way. Well done Turner, Gardiner and co!

I think the bashing can finish up now, All the best to all.
But the move has been good for recruitment as players have sounded us out purely for the change to DVCA from HDCA.

Heres to the future!!!!

BBBR;346636 said:
I am with you Metro Boy.
All these blokes have done there research on Rosebank? lol... they reckon we are sh** blokes at GCC, wait to they get there hands on Rosebank, then we will see this forum full of Rosebank bashing. These blokes reckon we pay big money for players. Rosebank will blow Rosanna's, Heidelberg West, and Banyule's playing budgets for 2 season's. If Rosebank keeps it's playing list then they will blow you blokes out of the water.

Well done to HDCA for getting one of North metro's strong sides, but remember all that has happen at this stage is replacement of competitive club with competitive club. Advantage HDCA, NMCA on hands and knees now, with the word other clubs keen to head over.

Making the comp stronger is all what the Executive are about, and they are well on there way. Well done Turner, Gardiner and co!

I think the bashing can finish up now, All the best to all.
But the move has been good for recruitment as players have sounded us out purely for the change to DVCA from HDCA.

Heres to the future!!!!

BBBR, hopefully you don't take seriously the comments by few in relation to the calibre of blokes at your club. Most of the comments aimed at the GCC and certain members from your committee - in the days after your DVCA announcement - came from ill-informed scool children, with plenty of spare time.

Every club has blokes, who for want of a better term, could be classed as 'indifferent'. Your club has as many good blokes as the others.

Glad to hear that the recruiting drive is going well. From what I've been told though, I don't think Research will be as comforting.;)

ITK!;346671 said:
BBBR, hopefully you don't take seriously the comments by few in relation to the calibre of blokes at your club. Most of the comments aimed at the GCC and certain members from your committee - in the days after your DVCA announcement - came from ill-informed scool children, with plenty of spare time.

Every club has blokes, who for want of a better term, could be classed as 'indifferent'. Your club has as many good blokes as the others.

Glad to hear that the recruiting drive is going well. From what I've been told though, I don't think Research will be as comforting.;)

Breath of fresh air, someone who does not want to take pot shots.
Fair points raised. Like most clubs you target players that the club thinks will fit into 1, team structure eg, requiring new fast bowler and 2, fit in to club culture. Nice one ITK! but we all target players whether there in same comp or neighbouring comps.

BBBR, don't get me wrong mate - I'm not having a crack at you guys for recruiting. If the 2 blokes who I've been told get to WM, then that's a great start towards Barclay Shield.

SamualSwine;346575 said:
The HDCA Excecutive took the Presentation Night away from Greensborough as they claimed that all clubs would boycott the event as Greensborough were heading to the DVCA. They then postponed the night claiming that they could not find a suitable venue. The GCC was willing and able and would have welcomed the opportunity to farewell the competition at their clubrooms.
Schoolboy stuff in my opinion.
I also heard a rumour that the GCC offered to share all profits from the night with all clubs in the HDCA. What a shame that petty differences stood in the way of common sense

TGAT - move on, with the best wishes of those who are serious and not on here to take the p%ss.

Put yourself in the position of the MC.

Scenario.

Club G - who proudly tells all that they are the most well run, cashed up club in the comp - is moving to greener pastures. The MC had planned to hold the Presentation Night at the home of Club G but as a result of their planned move, the MC cops a backlash from the remaining member clubs, threatening boycotts thus rendering the night a farce. The view of the clubs is why support a club that is no longer supporting the comp. You are running the comp - what would you do?

If you are fair-dinkum, there is only one option.

as a nmca player...i would like to wish rosebank all the best at hdca....as a former player in hdca some 20 years ago i know they will enjoy playing against some of the hdca clubs!!! cheers!!!!

ITK!;346732 said:
TGAT - move on, with the best wishes of those who are serious and not on here to take the p%ss.

Put yourself in the position of the MC.

Scenario.

Club G - who proudly tells all that they are the most well run, cashed up club in the comp - is moving to greener pastures. The MC had planned to hold the Presentation Night at the home of Club G but as a result of their planned move, the MC cops a backlash from the remaining member clubs, threatening boycotts thus rendering the night a farce. The view of the clubs is why support a club that is no longer supporting the comp. You are running the comp - what would you do?

If you are fair-dinkum, there is only one option.
I agree with what you have said, but surely the GCC offer to donate all profits back to the HDCA Clubs was an acceptable scenario and a very generous offer?!?
I appreciate that the clubs were disappointed that the GCC decided to move on, but that move was not made with any malice towards the HDCA, rather a desire to deliver the best for the Club and its Members.
We now find ourselves into May with no presentation night as yet and none planned until 2 months into the Footy Season (15th May).
It's a disappointing scenario that could have been avoided had cooler heads prevailed, that is my point.
I am a player at GCC and I have made many friends playing in the HDCA. I wish all of them and the clubs a prosperous future, and I sincerely hope the HDCA continues as a competition well into the future. Mine is a view held by most at the GCC and we move on with fond memories. Our bar will always be open to our friends and colleagues from the HDCA.

ITK!;346514 said:

mate nothing wrong with any fluid from lion nathan mate but i prefer to jump straight onto the slates or johny's. Any truth to the rumour ando's on the move from zanna's hope he shops himself around a bit.

howzat23;346792 said:
Any truth to the rumour ando's on the move from zanna's hope he shops himself around a bit.

I've got real doubts that there's any substance to this. I don't reckon Ando is going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back