HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

- Watts has gone to WA, and won't be playing - Rosebank have picked up a spinner from Heidelberg to replace him (does that mean it's Anand?)

- Ando and Chicken Man to Monty (who are trying to join HDCA)

- Is it true that Shaddbolt has retired? Heard he might have gotten a work transfer?

- Scotty Dunbar from Ivanhoe to Rosanna to play with Huss again, Kayne Shaw also a chance to play again as well

butterball;400289 said:
- Watts has gone to WA, and won't be playing - Rosebank have picked up a spinner from Heidelberg to replace him (does that mean it's Anand?)

- Is it true that Shaddbolt has retired? Heard he might have gotten a work transfer?

- Scotty Dunbar from Ivanhoe to Rosanna to play with Huss again, Kayne Shaw also a chance to play again as well
- Yeah, Watts gone to WA - Tony Balcombe to Rosebank.

- Ando CC at Mont, Chickenman to be umpire provided by Mont each week.

- Shadders won't retire, will play on, loves the Burra

- The Sanna's putting together a healthy list, rumour has it that they have already pencilled in finals???

- Cashen to return as Cockroach of HCC, will be batting at 4 all year!!

bringbackdeano;400087 said:
My sources tell me that JR hasn't retired and will be playing on in 10/11.
Have heard around the traps that big JR is gunna have one last crack at Premier Cricket???

Changes at the Flats - New President and committee.
Potential new Captain Coach
May have a number of changes to the A grade side

butterball;400289 said:

ure sources about sachin anand going to rosebank could be wrong last i heard young spinner from rossana could be the one for the job to take over no.1 spinner my sources tell me he is getting inside training with rick tenuta about the arts of off spin bowling. A grade batsmen out there beware there could be a new spin king coming up the ranks

D Grade finals summary & 2010/11 preview

I know a lot of the talk on this thread is on the A graders, but did anybody notice the results in the d grade finals last season? I have heard there was a bit of a stink at the semi played at viewbank and that was the reason for my previous post. How did Viewbank lose from 1/104 chasing 160 odd? And in the gf, bellfield had edinburgh buried at 5/20 something?

Anyway, my preview for the upcoming season

bellfield - have to be up there again. webb was the class bowler. should probably be playing higher. nicholson had a dirty finals campaign, but is better than that.
edinburgh maroon- two teams helps. delahunt's was supposed to be the stronger, so if edinburgh pursue the policy of having a strong and a weak team, you'd figure they'd be thereabouts
edinburgh yellow - pennefather's team very lucky to pinch it last season. too many old players. expect a fall down the ladder.
viewbank - again, two teams helps. di-stefano a good bat and the young number 3 has potential. will be strong again, so long as they keep their heads together.
banyule - expect a climb. will be gutted by missing out on finals given the squad they had. lack of application in early season games cost them. will bounce back.
rosanna - heavily reliant on payne and their home ground advantage. not enough players in their 40's or juniors. can't see them making it.
heidelberg - sam karakinos had a good season last season and a few of the young kids showed a bit. they need to win games early, but providing experience for the juniors is the priority i think we them, not finals.
west ivanhoe - along with banyule, probably the main disappointment of last season. really underachieved. if they have some players who can take charge of a game, can bounce back.
so top four:
banyule
bellfield
edinburgh maroon
viewbank.

what do people think?

walter cronkite;400644 said:
Any word on repercussions at viewbank following semi last season?

A few players hit with suspensions, both HDCA orientated and club orientated, fines and sanctions on the club: re hosting finals for a couple of years.

Slapper;363680 said:
Interesting to see you think Banyule will be the undefeated club, so 2 different people think 2 different teams will go undefeated...I believe that the comp is getting even more competative and an undefeated season will not happen, agree though that there will be teams who dramatically improve and new teams will push the top 4

gee that was a good prediction slapper banyule to go undefeated and nth heidelberg to rely on few to many ...... if i recall correctly nth heidelberg that 3rd grade side did beat banyule in a 20/20 bad call that was hutchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back