HDCA Juniors 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA Juniors 2009/10

Goliath;373084 said:
Greensy cleaned up Edinburgh for 91. Love 3 wickets. 2 runouts.

Good result as well Goliath.

I trust G/boro' and all the other sides pay attention to the way the benchmark side plays! To beat Heidelberg you need to have a specific game plan and tactics and stick to it. You cannot just turn up to play a game of cricket and expect to win against them. I will watch to see if any of the teams learn from coming up against this good side. That looks like the real challenge this year. Rosanna did it to G/boro last season, can anyone work out how to crack the burgers this season?

Well done to burgers tonight. I have had some recent comments from some DVCA junior quarters that HDCA juniors would find it hard if they played in the DVCA. It would appear that ain't so. :D

onemoreover;373100 said:

I trust G/boro' and all the other sides pay attention to the way the benchmark side plays! To beat Heidelberg you need to have a specific game plan and tactics and stick to it. You cannot just turn up to play a game of cricket and expect to win against them. I will watch to see if any of the teams learn from coming up against this good side. That looks like the real challenge this year. Rosanna did it to G/boro last season, can anyone work out how to crack the burgers this season?

Well done to burgers tonight. I have had some recent comments from some DVCA junior quarters that HDCA juniors would find it hard if they played in the DVCA. It would appear that ain't so. :D

Heidelberg players are sporting the contraption
DVCA players aren't

onemoreover;373100 said:

I wouldn't worry about what DVCA people think. Most of them still think its smart playing Sat mornings with even age groups. Turns out that its a great recruiting tool for the HDCA U17 comp.

Just out of curiosity
What is a better standard, 17 Green or 15 Gold
Personally i think 17 Green but would like to here some opinions

Capitano;373144 said:
Just out of curiosity
What is a better standard, 17 Green or 15 Gold
Personally i think 17 Green but would like to here some opinions

in the 15's there are many more teams with East Ivanhoe having three teams
I think the standard would be about the same with the exception of a few players like harbinson, lennon and domini who all would be good enough to play 17 gold

What about the best U/17 11 in the HDCA
Any Thoughts? Captain?

1. D. Cookson WK (Heid)
2. B. Lennon (Heid)
3. J.Powick (Heid)
4. J. McLean (EIS)
5. T. Goulding (Banyule)
6. M. Hand (Heid)
7. D. Kelly (Heid)
8. M.Jackson (Ros)
9. M. White (Edin)
10. J. Love (Greens)
11. N. Biscontin (Heid)

Hard to know about the new Monty players so ive left them out
J.Kett seems to go alright but to early to comment
A distinct lack of pace bowling hence the inclusion of White
Any obvious inclusions or omissions?

Goliath;373134 said:
I wouldn't worry about what DVCA people think. Most of them still think its smart playing Sat mornings with even age groups. Turns out that its a great recruiting tool for the HDCA U17 comp.

:D God moves in mysterious ways and help often comes from the most unlikely sources.

The DVCA will get it one day I am sure.

Capitano;373153 said:
What about the best U/17 11 in the HDCA
Any Thoughts? Captain?

1. D. Cookson WK (Heid)
2. B. Lennon (Heid)
3. J.Powick (Heid)
4. J. McLean (EIS)
5. T. Goulding (Banyule)
6. M. Hand (Heid)
7. D. Kelly (Heid)
8. M.Jackson (Ros)
9. M. White (Edin)
10. J. Love (Greens)
11. N. Biscontin (Heid)

Hard to know about the new Monty players so ive left them out
J.Kett seems to go alright but to early to comment
A distinct lack of pace bowling hence the inclusion of White
Any obvious inclusions or omissions?

As if theres no quacka in it wat has this world come too!

This team may contain some promising young lads although it is not entirely bereft of outlandish and as some would say, rudimentary content. Firstly I will move to address the issue of Jason Quayle's exclusion. Unless Stan White was Chairman of Selectors of this team that Murray would be exchange for Jason in a heartbeat. "Quacka" as he is known to most, provides not only his abundance of cricketing talent and skill, but a factor sometimes overlooked in selecting sides. Quacka is an inspirational team man, to the point where a large contingent of his associates describe him as their "spiritual leader," "guiding force" and "religious head" amongst others.

Conversely young Murray appears to be without such traits and more akin to wearing a foolish array of head and wrist bands. Continually his chosen cricket garments have been known to let him down on occassion and could not be guaranteed to be sufficient enough for a "best XI side."

Also I read that there has not been a team mascot appointed to this team. This is a dire mistake. As the HDCA Juniors fraternity has witnessed during the current season, Heidelberg have emerged as the benchmark of the competition. Without giving too much away and retaining the confidentiality of HCC, they have a team mascot central to their current successes. Therefore it is no surprise that this team has major flaws because it was clearly selected to someone who is clueless on the topic of success. For goodness sake, Tom Goulding batting at 6, you might as well have picked Craig Shallcross.

Yeah forgot bout Quayle
Out and out superstar
Tom Goulding is a very capable batsmen who can come in and steer and innings
This was evident in the 2009 pathway championships where he won a couple of games off his own bat for Nth East Falcons

J-Cellll;373174 said:
This team may contain some promising young lads although it is not entirely bereft of outlandish and as some would say, rudimentary content. Firstly I will move to address the issue of Jason Quayle's exclusion. Unless Stan White was Chairman of Selectors of this team that Murray would be exchange for Jason in a heartbeat. "Quacka" as he is known to most, provides not only his abundance of cricketing talent and skill, but a factor sometimes overlooked in selecting sides. Quacka is an inspirational team man, to the point where a large contingent of his associates describe him as their "spiritual leader," "guiding force" and "religious head" amongst others.

Conversely young Murray appears to be without such traits and more akin to wearing a foolish array of head and wrist bands. Continually his chosen cricket garments have been known to let him down on occassion and could not be guaranteed to be sufficient enough for a "best XI side."

Also I read that there has not been a team mascot appointed to this team. This is a dire mistake. As the HDCA Juniors fraternity has witnessed during the current season, Heidelberg have emerged as the benchmark of the competition. Without giving too much away and retaining the confidentiality of HCC, they have a team mascot central to their current successes. Therefore it is no surprise that this team has major flaws because it was clearly selected to someone who is clueless on the topic of success. For goodness sake, Tom Goulding batting at 6, you might as well have picked Craig Shallcross.

Fantastic, you know how to contruct a good post! (no sarcasm intended) - LMAO.:D

Looks like you may get some votes for quacka as well.;)

I think big mas cambios is going for his teaching degree in english.
wouldn't you agree with me there j-cellll?

swifty_147;373207 said:
I think big mas cambios is going for his teaching degree in english.
wouldn't you agree with me there j-cellll?

I believe so swifty Big mas is attempting to become Craig of the maths world and Cameron of the umpiring universe. Although he may need to hit the books a little from what i've heard

J-Cellll;373210 said:
I believe so swifty Big mas is attempting to become Craig of the maths world and Cameron of the umpiring universe. Although he may need to hit the books a little from what i've heard

does that mean he has a baby?
from what i heard, he is failing miserably

swifty_147;373214 said:
does that mean he has a baby?
from what i heard, he is failing miserably

I think he does have a baby actually
he gets an F for economics, doesnt even no wat the transmission mechanisms of monetary policy are

Monty 170 all out against Greensborough at Elder St. Boro a good chance as Elder is a 200+ ground at the moment.

Goliath;378854 said:
Monty 170 all out against Greensborough at Elder St. Boro a good chance as Elder is a 200+ ground at the moment.

Was this game shifted to Elder St, since the fixture indicates it is being played at Monty Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back