Heat on for SA-WA clash

James018

South Australia Dingoes coach James Ross-Naylor has begun the mind-games ahead of the much-awaited top-of-the-table clash against the Western Australia Crocodiles. In today's press conference announcing the team ahead of the Nullabor showdown, he alleged that the Crocs are "scared" of his team.

"I think they are [scared], yeah," he said. "I can't help but remember how quick Pouks was to hit back when Smythy mentioned their ageing squad prior to the season. Pouks is a smart guy and he knew academically that we had the talent to back what we were saying, but when you look at the scorecard of last week's game... I'd be scared if it was me, put it that way."

Recalled veteran Eric Lawrence predicted a fiery, possibly spiteful encounter. "There's a lot on the line here, reputations, careers in some cases. Whoever wins will go a long way towards securing the title... that's a huge thing to say so early in the season I know, but it's true."

"I look forward to meeting WA. Bring it on!"

Pouks was quick to laugh off all suggestions of being scared today.

"Haha I really find it funny when teams try to intimidate WA, we are without doubt the most successful club in the game and with that comes an aura and quite frankly I think what James has come out and said is a blatant cover up for the fact he is scared his side isnt going to get the chocolates against WA"

"Put simply, we arent scared, we have nothing to lose at the moment. SA have top spot, a weak middle order and a group full of front runners which when put on the back-foot dont respond. I would expect some fiery spells from all bowlers"

"It will be a close match but I also think James is counting the chooks before they hatch, they havent won anything and its round 4 so all he has done is put himself in the box seat to be branded a choker"

"For the rest, we will let the WA brand of cricket do the talking"

"I can only say it is ironic what Pouks has said about our claims being a cover-up, considering in the same sentence he made the same claim about us," Ross-Naylor commented when approached by reporters. "I wouldn't read too much into what he's said."

"I agree with him, though, let's let the cricket do the talking. See you on game day, Pouks!"

Back