Hello from new mod (but not a new poster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chandu

Hello from new mod (but not a new poster)

Hi, just wanted to say hello as I've now been installed as one of the new mods for the India forum. I've been on this board for quite a while, so some of you already know me by now. I was born and brought up in India, and have lived in USA for last 22 years. I have dual citizenship of both USA and India (or the closest technical equivalent that comes to it under Indian citizenship rules, don't want to bore you with details that don't matter). The point is that, I'm extremely proud and thankful for cultural heritage and history of both nations I'm a citizen of. Passion for cricket and a number of other sports are part of this heritage.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I haven't watched a single IPL match yet. But that isn't for lack of interest or ability to catch the games. The reason is, things have been crazily hectic for me lately due to a number of transitions going on in my life. My recent posting history somewhat shows that. The good news is, things won't be like that forever and I expect to have more input here in about 6 months. For the time being, I won't try to meddle in the day-to-day affairs. I will be logging in here daily to keep tabs while I'm laying low for next few months. Hope to make this board a great one in the future! @|

Regards,
Chandu

P.S. I'm also one of the new mods for the General Cricket forum.

Re: Hello from new mod (but not a new poster)

Good to see you back Chandu even though you support India :p:D Hopefully you can as you say post more regularly@|

Chandu;218853 said:
I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I haven't watched a single IPL match yet. But that isn't for lack of interest or ability to catch the games.

The comp started off quite excitingly for me but quickly became very boring after a few games - especially after many international stars left. They made it too long, 20/20 is fun but is easy to kill.
Just sitting down to watch the semi-final though, great to see Shaun Marsh a West Aussie cutting up but no Pomersbach?|@

Re: Hello from new mod (but not a new poster)

Kram81;219326 said:
The comp started off quite excitingly for me but quickly became very boring after a few games - especially after many international stars left. They made it too long, 20/20 is fun but is easy to kill.
Just sitting down to watch the semi-final though, great to see Shaun Marsh a West Aussie cutting up but no Pomersbach?|@

For the first time ever, I had chance to watch any IPL action - highlights of Chennai-Punjab semi-final and the final. It was thoroughly entertaining, especially the final. Although, I can't predict if I would've been able to follow the entire season to that extent. It gets too long as you said. The final was impressive. I have to say, I've been quite surprised by Shane Warne's captaincy skills. Didn't know he had it in him to lead and motivate bunch of rag-tags. He had too many discipline problems when he was with Australia, and most likely didn't have temperament to captain a test side. But anyway, all in all it was a great fun. Yusuf Pathan and Sohail Tanvir were very good to watch as well. @|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back