HELP!! CANT FIND THE ROPE

Auzayr

HELP!! CANT FIND THE ROPE

Im 15 years old, im 5 11 and slim in build. I find it really hard to hit sixes. I most of the time hit the ball from the middle of my bat, however, i cannot just get the bowl over the rope, usually my weight goes forward too, are there any exercises or tips which i can do in order to hit the ball a long way?

Re: HELP!! CANT FIND THE ROPE

a bit of a hard one too answer easily! all i can say is it will come with time!

your only young, as you grow and develop more muscles and technique improves you will find the boundary. i only started hitting 6's consisitently latter on in my teens! whats wrong with 4's anyway! ::)

I think timing is the key to hitting a six. It may be that you are trying to hit the ball too hard?

Auzayr im 6 ft 1 and 85-86 KGs and i have NEVER! hit a 6... in saying this i still find the boundary rope on regular occasions.... timing plays a big roll.. but im a firm believer that your batting style will also determine your boundary hitting ability..... u may be hitting the ball VERY sweet... but u may be a strong top hand player.. therefore the ball stays along the carpet...

dont be disheartned if your not scoring 6s m8.... just focus on your game, and the rest will come

I've never hit a six, either, but what can you expect from me? :p

"A six will come when you miss-time a four" said someone to me, mhhmm.

lol i iwsh my miss timed fours went for 6 more often! my run rate would go up!

Use the bottom hand more if you want to hit the ball in the air. Also remember timing is more important than power.

Alastair Cook had never hit a 6 for England before the NZ tour, so i don't see it as a massive problem.

you shouldnt be too concerned about not hitting sixes with time you will be able to clear the ground. you just need to keep practicing. try using a high backlift.

Ripping-LegBreak: bottom hand players will grip the bat tighter with their bottom hand... this doesnt certainly mean problem with your batting... what it CAN mean is that some of your shots may be lofted accidently...... a bottom hand player with good timing should be able to counter-act this problem....

lol i hope ^^^^ all this has answered your Q :)

Everyone will be different, I find that i grip tighter with my bottom hand while still keeping the ball on the ground.

I find I have to keep a loose bottom hand grip or my shots often go in the air. It's something I have to think about in the nets sometimes because I slip back into bad habits.

i'm with mad bunny, i'm a bottom handed player! my shots have no trouble going along the ground

AUSSIE_BOY said:
Ripping-LegBreak: bottom hand players will grip the bat tighter with their bottom hand... this doesnt certainly mean problem with your batting... what it CAN mean is that some of your shots may be lofted accidently...... a bottom hand player with good timing should be able to counter-act this problem....

lol i hope ^^^^ all this has answered your Q :)

If it is a problem, just use a squash ball like Gilly. :)

We hear & see a lot of players attempting to hit big shot which at times is quite unnecessary.
Once i made batsmen to hit a few throwdowns as hard as he could and that made him realised that he cannot hit the ball high over the ropes.
Every player has his own capability and only with practice he can improvise.
For eg: Saurav,Sachin can hit for huge sixes easily but Rahul Dravid mostly will struggle.

Back