Help Me buy a new bat

theshane

Help Me buy a new bat

Hello my name is Shane i want to become a better cricketer. So for my upcoming 17th birthday i have asked my parents to by me a bat. There is one problem i need help in finding the one for me.

Now i am 16 5'6-5'7 170 pounds and i live in Bermuda.

I want a bat that is light. Has a huge sweet spot. I need a quality bat that can withstand lots of innings as i am a senior member of my team and a lot is required of me with the bat and ball. I love to drive the ball for singles as well as fire it too the boundary.

I am looking to spend no more than $350

Thanks a lot

Shane

Re: Help Me buy a new bat

You should have a fair amount of choice it may be worthwhile having a chat with a batmaker to see if they can make you a bespoke bat.

go down to your nearest Bat supplier and browse around and tell them what your looking for.

thats that thing our only bat shop does not have a variety of bats so i am looking to buy one online and ship it

theshane;28802 said:
Ok i live in Bermuda so i don't how i would get in contact with a bat-maker

The two that immediately spring to mind are Fusion and Laver and Wood. They should both be able to deal with you via email to help save on phone costs etc.

Of course the biggest issue is going to be postage which is something you'll need to be aware of and check out in the first place. Regardless of what bat you eventually go for, the postage is going to be fairly steep.

ok thanks but i think i am going to order from somewhere in the U.K because i have shipped stuff before and its only about $20-30 extra. Are there any brand name bats that came to mind when i described myself and my style of play?

Pretty much what you'd expect from those companies. They should be lightweight but still packing some punch and should last for a decent amount of time.

If you click on the links in the above post then you'll get more info about the bats, certainly more than I can offer. They were simply the ones that popped into my head based on your list.

Also, have a look here as some of the bats will have reviews. The other way to do it is to think of the batsman that you admire/aspire to then see what bat they use.

Personally I'd take the Gray-Nicholls Fusion. My mate has got one, it's so light considering how much meat the bat has, the ball comes off so well and I reckon it's the top bat out there. But then again I haven't picked up the G&M bat.

The G-N fusion is great it has nice middle and if you connect with a ball in the middde it goes a long way. I have the carbon fibre handle it is more oval, rectangular shape than the traditional round and takes a while to get used to but i wouldnt have a different bat.

Wouldn't bother with a GN Fusion, I've seen tons and tons in for rehandling. The Carbon handle gives a dull sound and the pickup is worse with it.

Bermuda currency is on par with the US dollar

Added 10 hour(s), 19 minute(s) and 30 second(s) later...

So what brand name bats do you guys prefer i.e:-(G&M, GN, Woodworm, etc) and why.

I tend to use Grey Nicholls at the moment but also a Surridge (but that was mostly due to finding an absolute train of bat in a sale).

Not that fussed on brands to be honest, I normally pick a bit of wood that I like.

In terms of your needs, there is a lot of choice out there. What bats do you like?

Back