Help!

postmanpav

Help!

When I face a right arm pace bowler who comes around the wicket i always seem to get out, it is seriously effecting my batting.

I am a right arm batsman who bats with an reasonably open stance.

Any advice before my entire season goes down the crapper?

Re: Help!

yeh thats seems to be the main problem and i seem to mistime it more, was just at training and worked on closing up my stance so im more front on.

Didn't seem to help that much

It soounds like a problem of angles to me. You are just not used to that type of bowling so you may have lost where your off stump is which makes you play more tenatively.

If you think about it, a right arm over bowler bowling close to the stumps will pitch a ball on off stump that hits middle and off. When they go around the wicket the can't get as close and the angle gets wider so the ball pitching on off will miss off. The bowler may have the pitch the ball on leg or middle and leg to get it to hit off stump.

So the angle has changed, you need to rethink what 'playing straight' means.

Right arm over, if you play straight the ball will go out to mid OFF.

Right arm round if you play straight the ball will go out to mid ON.

That means you need to open out even more than usual to compensate for the angle change. Then just get the net bowlers to go around the wicket until you get used to it. it will take several sessions but if its a real problem it's worth it.

What would be ur suggestion abt batting to a right arm fast bowler with an efficient outswinger hitting the off stump line with good amount pace.
The line and length makes it diffcult to bat against it.
Any suggestions?

Virender

micoach;294231 said:
It soounds like a problem of angles to me. You are just not used to that type of bowling so you may have lost where your off stump is which makes you play more tenatively.

If you think about it, a right arm over bowler bowling close to the stumps will pitch a ball on off stump that hits middle and off. When they go around the wicket the can't get as close and the angle gets wider so the ball pitching on off will miss off. The bowler may have the pitch the ball on leg or middle and leg to get it to hit off stump.

So the angle has changed, you need to rethink what 'playing straight' means.

Right arm over, if you play straight the ball will go out to mid OFF.

Right arm round if you play straight the ball will go out to mid ON.

That means you need to open out even more than usual to compensate for the angle change. Then just get the net bowlers to go around the wicket until you get used to it. it will take several sessions but if its a real problem it's worth it.

cheers mate, i'll try it next time im in the nets.

Back