Hitting skywards!

tccc

Hitting skywards!

I need some tips on hitting in the air and scoring those big sixes, i've only ever hit one six and usually whenever I try and hit big I just end up slogging (usually across the line!) and end up getting no where! I just wondered if there were any technique tips for hitting ariel shots as they can prove to be helpful scoring shots!

cheers

Re: Hitting skywards!

Try and hit down the ground. Its much easier than hitting through mid-wicket. Remember it is not all about power, you need to get in the right posistion to hit the ball. Try and plant your front foot forward, and keep your bat straight and head still and facing the ball. Remember the slow the bowler the easier it is too hit in airbourne. ;)

All about timing at hitting it as straight as possible. If you hit it straight you a lot less likely to get caught. Make sure you pick your area and dont just hit it for the sake of it. Wait for the loose ball.

Remember that a smooth motion, played under the ball is much better and more important than swinging as hard as possible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQjW1p7HaA]This[/ame] will help loads too.;)

remember to keep your head down. lifting it to early will cause you to miss time it straight into someones hands :p

Why to hit in Skywards when u can get the runs down the ground.
It will also protray Ur responsible/positive attitude as well.
Might help u to promote Ur batting order as well :)

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Why to hit in Skywards when u can get the runs down the ground.
It will also protray Ur responsible/positive attitude as well.
Might help u to promote Ur batting order as well :)
how true. i reackon there are more runs along the ground than in the air. you will definitly get promoted if you can show some responsible batting by knocking the singles around

when you are playing a drive just extend the follow through if you want to play the shot in the air. everyone is right you should hit it in the air in vacant areas. straight down the ground is the safest option.

Back