Hitting the Ball shalllow

Coolkar

Hitting the Ball shalllow

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering how one can hit a shot say a coverdrive, keeping the ball low over the ground so that it does not get lofted & eventually get caught. I know that there is this top hand & bottom hand involved. I would be grateful if one of you might enlighten me how to strike the ball low & suggesting me some practicing tips based on this.

With Cheers,
Karthik.

Re: Hitting the Ball shalllow

The key is to get the head and eyes over the ball, which helps to keep it on the ground.

If you're leaning back from the ball the natural body action is to get under the ball and loft it.

couldnt agree with A_A anymore... weight forward, over the ball....... make sure u pick the right ball to play the cover drive on aswell... sometimes if u try playing the cover driver to something a little shorter u reach out 4 it causing it to loft...

let the top hand dominate aswell....

To add, on some balls you can't help but loft them slightly - this is where placement comes into the equation.

However, if you do the basics correctly then you should minimise the chances of it going in the air.

Shot selection is also important. Driving a half volley is a lot easier than hitting a good length ball for example. If you are selecting the wrong ball to drive it may go up in the air.

Back