how can i get the ball over a distance

mobby.786

how can i get the ball over a distance

hello

i started cricket last and im an legspinner but im having trouble getting the ball to the otherside when a bowl the ball piches short

so can anyone help me thnkz

Re: how can i get the ball over a distance

If your a legspinner and you are landing too short it usually means you are not "spinning up". If you spin up you will rarely be short.

You can practise against a wall with a ball not always a cricket ball to get the high release.

The ball should come back off the wall high and over your head. Remember it better to be too full then too short.

A very rough guide for where you need to pitch is 3 or 4 yards in front of the batsman but that is very approximate and varies a lot.

Plenty of stuff on the wrist spin thread.

mobby.786;354673 said:
hello

i started cricket last and im an legspinner but im having trouble getting the ball to the otherside when a bowl the ball piches short

so can anyone help me thnkz

Moby,
Leg spin is a diffcult art of spin bowling compared to other spin bowling..
So practice a lot and bowling short and fuller deliveries is common...but u need to practice a lot...
If possible have a spot bowling practice more often to fine tune ur leg spin..
If possible post ur bowling video from the wicket keepers end...so a lot of guys in our site will check and u will get lot of feedback and support..

Virender

Practice, practice, practice and more practice, your shoulders will get bigger and if you hone your technique bit by bit you'll get there, but you've got to want and live for it - This is Wrist Spin Bowling - the hardest of all the disciplines in cricket to learn but if you keep at it and really want it you'll get there and the rewards and satisfaction will come.

Back