How did the ICC ever let Morgan play for England?

How did the ICC ever let Morgan play for England?

I mean come on, the guy was Irish up until the start of the year, now hes a full blood Englishman. cant say i mind too much when he scores runs but it does make a mockery of the game at times.

FIFA would never have allowed it in football. And how are we ever going to change the dominance of the old countries if the so-called minnows lose their best players?

Re: How did the ICC ever let Morgan play for England?

The fact is that the ICC allows players from associates playing for full members. Dirk Nannes will be playing for Australia soon after playing for Holland in the T20 World Champs.

This is not the first time this has happened alas Gavin Hamilton and Craig White played for England and Scotland respectively.

It is now been stopped in Rugby Union as well - I have written about it.
http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/blogs/hattrick/why-can-england-do-172/

I can understand your frustration as this does negatively impact the succession of players from these nations playing in the English side.

Just sums up the English cricket team over the last 20 years, just a shambles, ashes obsessed.

All I know is if Australia won the Ashes and then went and played 8 ODI's against England, winning the toss on 7 occasions and only winning one game, id be pretty pissed off.

Fair enough to let players who want to play test cricket, Ireland is never going to be a test nation, why should good players miss out on the chance?

Although the Nannes one pisses me off, gets named in a washed out T20 match for Australia so will never play international cricket again when he could have been playing in next years T20 World Champs and the following year 50 over World Cup

LtD, does that mean it really pissed you off that after winning the Ashes 5-0, Australia got beaten 2-0 in the CommBank series final :D

Yeah it did at the time, but that was quickly forgotten after the great man Punter rose the world cup.

Losing that CB series pissed me off more because we were the best team in the group stages but lost in the final.

England were very smart, let Australia win every game then wait for the right moment to pounce and eliminate the Kiwis and shock Australia when it actually counted

Although it seems after a couple of teams outsmarted them they decided the tri series doesnt work anymore :(

I suppose there's never going to be more than 9 Test playing nations, the ICC continues to see to that.

Losing to England always pisses me off, but after its all said it done I enjoy every now and then just letting England think that they are good, let them get their hopes up, and then pound their pasty arses into the dust.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;368934 said:
Losing to England always pisses me off, but after its all said it done I enjoy every now and then just letting England think that they are good, let them get their hopes up, and then pound their pasty arses into the dust.

We get it but seriously, try to stay on topic not throw your hatred of anything English into every thread. Carry on and I'll start removing posts.

mas cambios;368980 said:
We get it but seriously, try to stay on topic not throw your hatred of anything English into every thread. Carry on and I'll start removing posts.
In fairness to him he was answering a question which he didnt realise from some strange poster repeating what had already been posted that has now been deleted

Fair enough but if we can now move back towards the topic, which is something along the lines of the blurred laws with regards to players and the countries they qualify to play for.

This is not just an English problem, although they have the highest profile of teams that do it. Let's not forget that this problem is rife lower down the food chain, check out the numbers of ex-pats playing for Canada, UAE and so on.

Back