How fast are you?

mas cambios

How fast are you?

A bit of a light heart lighted thread, inspired by the King of Slaves asking manee how fast he bowled.

Post up what you think\know you bowl at, all types welcome.

Myself, well, in my heyday I could nudge 80mph, at the moment I reckon I'm about 65/68mph but I'm aiming to increase that back up to the late 70's now that my back is better.

Re: How fast are you?

Lol nice. I personally have no idea of what my speed is to be honest as the cricketing system here in Switzerland isn't all that recognized, etc. :cry Though, I have heard a lot of people (coaches from other teams, etc) tell me that I had genuine pace but I needed to keep practicing to keep it there. :confused:
Lol, but yeah, I would certainly like to know how fast fellow members can bowl as I think it can be a good way of interacting between fast bowlers and well, also a good way to "show off"! :D

Almost_Austwick said:
A bit of a light heart lighted thread, inspired by the King of Slaves asking manee how fast he bowled.

Post up what you think\know you bowl at, all types welcome.

Myself, well, in my heyday I could nudge 80mph, at the moment I reckon I'm about 65/68mph but I'm aiming to increase that back up to the late 70's now that my back is better.

Damn, 80mph is fast, I have read that the average first team opening bowler bowls 70-77mph.

I think it's around about there but it depends on what standard you play in. I've certainly played against some lower league teams who have guys capable of hitting the low 80mph mark.

I'll be happy to consistently hit 75/76mph this season, although with a bit of luck the more I play the more my pace will pick up. Get back into bowling then a bit of core\muscle\fitness work and I'll take it from there.

I've never been measured properly but I've been estimated at 65-70mph by the teams bowling coach. As I'm still growing and putting on quite a bit of bulk atm, I'm looking to increase that number quite a bit this season or next.

I can regulary hit 70kph lol. I only bowl dibbly dobblers, much like Snape, I reckong my slower ball is about 30mph.

I myself have never been measured but according to my coach he says that I bowl somewhere in the 80-90 kph mark. After that I always ask him if he can measure it but he always says no :confused:

As a wicketkeeper I have never bowled in a match. In the nets I get to about 100mph I reckon.

No wait, more like about 40mph ;)

50mph = 80.46kph
55= 88.51
60=96.56
65=104.60
70=112.65
75=120.7
80=128.74
85=136.79
90=144.84
95=152.88
100=160.93

hey im new to the forum but im already lovin this place. im 15 about to turn 16 and from what fellow team mates have told me...i can bowl at low 80 mph

fastbowler said:
hey im new to the forum but im already lovin this place. im 15 about to turn 16 and from what fellow team mates have told me...i can bowl at low 80 mph

That's awesome. Welcome to the site mate. ;)

80mph is pretty impressive. I have never measured my speed but I dont think I have ever bowled faster than 110 kmph. I wanted to bowl fast a few years back but switched to spin because I wasnt fast at all.

on some website i found a way to measure your speed. it said you get a stopwatch and you start it as soon as you let go of the ball and stop the time as soon as it hits the bat or goes by the batsmen.then you multiply it by 45.i dont know if this is true or not and i have not tried it yet.

I dont know if thats correct. Mathematically Speed = Distance / Time so it should be the length of the pitch divided by the time measured on the stop watch. Though I think other factors must be involved in calculating the speed of the ball.

Back