How to fix DVCA 2024/2025 onwards.

Underarm28

Given Melbourne weather resulting in no training I thought I’d have a stab at fixing the comp.

Clearly this is based off 23/24 results and as we know things change rapidly.

Step 1: Reintroduce Shield and Shield Reserve.

Fixturing would become a breeze. Alternate home and away games.
80 and 40 over games.

Step 2: Realign all clubs 3 teams into two grades.

Grade 3a
Riverside
North Eltham
Montmorency
Diamond Creek
Banyule
Lower Plenty
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Macleod
Plenty

Clearly based on current results, Riverside would be strong.

This would see LP, H, Mac and Plenty have considerable grade bumps, but based on 2023/24 performance this should not be an issue for any of these teams.

Grade 3b
Rosanna
Epping
Laurimar
REEC
Eltham
South Morang
Mill Park
Bundoora Park
Greensbourough

Grade 3a being 80 overs
Grade 3b either 70 or 80 overs. My preference would be 70 overs.

All using 4 piece balls.

Promotion allowable between 3a and 3b

Step 4: Realign clubs 4 teams to play each other.

4th Grade

Banyule
Riverside
RECC
Greensborough
LP
Lalor Stars
North Eltham
Plenty

70 over 35 over with 2 piece ball.

Promotion to 3b only allowable if no two teams from one club.

Step 4:

One day comp
Major disrupter for only Riverside and Banyule who currently have 5+ teams playing 2 day cricket.

35 over games.
Fines paid for forfeiting games paid to the opposition club not the comp.

Given Melbourne weather resulting in no training I thought I’d have a stab at fixing the comp.

80 and 40 over games.

Grade 3a
Riverside
North Eltham
Montmorency
Diamond Creek
Banyule
Lower Plenty
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Macleod
Plenty

This would see LP, H, Mac and Plenty have considerable grade bumps, but based on 2023/24 performance this should not be an issue for any of these teams.

Grade 3b
Rosanna
Epping
Laurimar
REEC
Eltham
South Morang
Mill Park
Bundoora Park
Greensbourough

Grade 3a being 80 overs

All using 4 piece balls.

4th Grade

Banyule
Riverside
RECC
Greensborough
LP
Lalor Stars
North Eltham
Plenty

Step 4:

One day comp
Major disrupter for only Riverside and Banyule who currently have 5+ teams playing 2 day cricket.

35 over games.
Make it easier.
Make all games outside of shield and shield reserve one day games. Done.

Make it easier.
Make all games outside of shield and shield reserve one day games. Done.
Couldn't agree more, numbers are dwindling with more and more blokes working on Saturdays and unable to commit to 2 day cricket, kids are bored of the thought of fielding for 68 overs, so many reasons why....
....the age old response of, "it produces better cricketers", please, they can go and play district or sub district cricket and then come back to their local clubs when they are done.
All grades below 2nd XI should be one day grades, more participation, higher level with better older guys committing and kids learning how to play under pressure, and even from a social aspect, more people would watch local cricket if it was over in a day.

Lower Plenty reckon Anthony Beale reserve is unplayable, so successfully lobbied the association to get the C grade Semi moved to Monty’s ground with Lowers ones playing at top oval.

Mont are apparently refusing to provide any opening of facilities.

Quite simply, if the highest ranked side can’t provide facilities at the ground, including access to a defibrillator, then play it at the opposing sides ground which is more than happy to open all facilities that are available!
Pretty poor from Mont to refuse to open the rooms

Seeing as both clubs are in the same council, a key could be provided to open change rooms for the day…. Any supporters that want a beer or hot dog walk 3 mins to lowers rooms

Went to watch nephew play his GF on Wednesday night at Banyule. Clubrooms closed , only access to the rear if you needed to have a piss, and no lights so you needed your phone to ensure a good aim. Do they not pay the bills down there ? Really piss poor effort from Banyule in my opinion considering a good crowd. Hope they had fun cleaning the dunnies was truly deserved

Went to watch nephew play his GF on Wednesday night at Banyule. Clubrooms closed , only access to the rear if you needed to have a piss, and no lights so you needed your phone to ensure a good aim. Do they not pay the bills down there ? Really piss poor effort from Banyule in my opinion considering a good crowd. Hope they had fun cleaning the dunnies was truly deserved
You are an utter fwit.
Simply ask a question, what’s in it for us to not have the lights on.

For a piece of shite you are, here is the answer.

The club was subject to theft of copper wiring for the 2nd time this season, leaving the club with no electricity for the rooms and ground lights.

Why don’t you pi55 off.

Could’ve asked someone instead of crying on here ya hero

You are an utter fwit.
Simply ask a question, what’s in it for us to not have the lights on.

For a piece of shite you are, here is the answer.

The club was subject to theft of copper wiring for the 2nd time this season, leaving the club with no electricity for the rooms and ground lights.

Why don’t you pi55 off.
How about letting the public know of the situation then there won't be a problem.
No explanation doesn't exactly help

You don't need to resort to such a post, do people not ask questions when they are there?

Lower Plenty reckon Anthony Beale reserve is unplayable, so successfully lobbied the association to get the C grade Semi moved to Monty’s ground with Lowers ones playing at top oval.

Mont are apparently refusing to provide any opening of facilities.

Quite simply, if the highest ranked side can’t provide facilities at the ground, including access to a defibrillator, then play it at the opposing sides ground which is more than happy to open all facilities that are available!
Didn’t Mont host a neutral semi final last year, Not sure why they wouldn’t do the same again?, Neutral grounds for semi finals for clubs with only 1 available ground is quite common. (Plenty V Lower Eltham @Eltham)

I dare say you should check your facts re montmorency.
I can confirm that the change rooms and club rooms will be open as always discussed. Canteen and bar will be ran from lower plenty.

You sir are an absolute clown

Shocking post.

Are there any other actual serious posts for people giving actual ideas forward to try and fix the comp, or is it all just piss and wind? If there's enough people who 'seriously' want to fix things, maybe stop bullshitting and give it all some serious thought.

Are there any other actual serious posts for people giving actual ideas forward to try and fix the comp, or is it all just piss and wind? If there's enough people who 'seriously' want to fix things, maybe stop bullshitting and give it all some serious thought.
See Post from 13/2/24.

This will fix a lot of issues including fixturing.

80 and 40 over games.

Grade 3a
Riverside
North Eltham
Montmorency
Diamond Creek
Banyule
Lower Plenty
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Macleod
Plenty

Grade 3b
Rosanna
Epping
Laurimar
REEC
Eltham
South Morang
Mill Park
Bundoora Park
Greensbourough

Grade 3a being 80 overs

All using 4 piece balls.

4th Grade

Banyule
Riverside
RECC
Greensborough
LP
Lalor Stars
North Eltham
Plenty

Step 4:

One day comp

35 over games.
Agree with Step 1, but whilst step 3 has merit, it simply needs to be 1 day cricket after the Shields, or at worst, after the 'Reserve' comps.

Some clubs 3's and 4's are playing in the one day grades and are playing finals as they are made up of blokes who can't or don't want to commit to 2 day cricket and some kids who are developing faster playing with better cricketers than they would be playing F troop with old blokes who can't stand up in the field for 68 overs and the standard drops.
We need to be a) increasing participation and b) increasing the standard of play at the higher levels

It will be interesting to see what happens next season if clubs come across from North Metro as some apparently have applied.
a 4th Shield would need to be instated.

Maybe it could be called the Flemming Shield.

Personally need to see better equalization throughout Barclay & Money Shield.

Somehow get them down to 8 teams over the next couple of years and then you can have 4 x 8 team Shields.

Back