How to make your cricket fitness training easier and more effective

micoach

How to make your cricket fitness training easier and more effective

Have you ever started a fitness program only to give up?

Many cricketers do for many reasons, but often the underlying factor is trying to do too much too soon.

A little more long term planning and you may not drop out.

The principle behind this progressive overload (which I have discussed here) and all good workouts have progression built in.

On the simple level it means adding more weight to your lifts, reducing rest times or just doing more per week than you did last week.

But often ignored is changing routines to make the exercises progressively more difficult as your body adapts.

For example. Using a medicine ball for upper body power sounds great, but also requires a high level of technique and intensity.

To build it up over time you start at a lower intensity and use simpler movements, eventually progressing to high intensity throws with proper technique.

This makes it easier to stick to your plan because it’s not as hard to start with and it also gives you a long term goal to aim for.

So when you are planning your cricket fitness, remember to build in progression.

What are your tips for sticking to a plan?

Re: How to make your cricket fitness training easier and more effective

my only tips would be
1.Get on with it
2.try and simulate how you felt when u first decided to start exercising
3.monitor youself to show the results of your hard work.
4. join a gym because it's so much easier to get stuff done, at home i usually dont do much.

I used to start and stop routines every month, but now it dosent seem like a chore, i acctually want to exercise now because cause it feels great, saying that after college i usually just wanna sleep for a month.

Listening to one (or more) of your podcasts is much better that listening to music while exercising as you can often get distracted changing songs whereas your podcast (much like an audio book) is a continual passage of information.

I do my best to entertain and inform.

Indeed, love the podcast, only criticism would be the volume jumps a little bit.

or just re order you'r music so u dont have to keep flicking.

I always start a program and then give it up, I was in a trend earlier this month doing the 30 day trial thing, then gave up. I am just lazy. :p

noooo, ive lost some wheight, like a kg.
I gained quite a bit of muscel and wheight in the summer holidays because i could just eat and train and eat and sleep, but now with college i cant get much food intake which sucks, i get the basic 3 meals in, but barley, which isnt good because im an ectomorph.
ive lost most of the wheight because i've done more cardio recently, but i really need some quick easy to make food options (that are healthy) that will fit in a lunch box that i can munch out on at college, to make me more in the middle between an ecto and mesomorph.

I tend to get knocked off track by illness. But once I'm on track I tend to do okay and sustain it. Currently I'm trying to reduce the intake of chocolate which I am doing fairly successfully and build up fitness with regards running/leg muscles. Power walking is my preferred option but I get the ache of walking for no real reason other than fitness, I always feel like I should be trying to kill 2 birds with one stone but can't think of anything I can do that's productive while I'm walking!

Back