Howdy

HardHatMike

Hi guys and gals. American who has been watching enough cricket on British Forces Broadcasting Service to become interested in the sport. English family history, so I guess they're my team. I'll be looking into seeing if there's a local team near my home in Nebraska when I get home.

So anyways, Hi!

G'day, Mike. Welcome to the forum! It's great to see another North American on here (I'm not one, but I think there are one or two on here), and I'm sure we'd all love to hear your opinions in the US and Canada thread.

I'll be visiting the US again in a few weeks (specifically the northwest, though -- not as far east a Nebraska), and I've been looking at the North West Cricket League with great interest. The Seattle Cricket Club appears to be rather well established, and the Omaha Cricket Club (and Association) looks just as strong. That will definitely be the place to start, as they claim to service the whole state of NE. There's also a Nebraska Cricket Club on Facebook, but I'm sure you would have already found it, and a Google search or two should give you more applicable results.

I may have gotten a little carried away just then, but I do get excited at the thought of Americans playing cricket. Hope to see you around the forums!

Back