I can't be *bothered* with this........

Re: I can't be *bothered* with this........

I like soundbites and quotes; they keep you focused. Sticky labels are a great idea. It also helps to take cues from others too, not just cricketers, for instance:

Jesse Owens (US athlete; winner of four gold medals in the 1936 Olympics) said:
'We all have dreams. But in order to make our dreams into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self discipline and effort'.

Sir Edmund Hillary (NZ mountain climber):
'You don't have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things - to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals'.

Steve Waugh:
'The key to handling pressure is to enjoy it when you're confronted with it rather than worry about it too much... I'm not overwhelmed by it. I probably was when I was younger'.

and...

Jeff Wilson (All black 1993-2001):
'I play to have fun, to get better and to win'.

Liz,

I've stopped any development of any doosra for the time being.

It seems my straight arm when bowling stock balls is now bent.....

kallis fan said:
Frustration at own lack of development
Fear of failure
General lack of enjoyment

I've been there. It is certainly a tough place. I found that the latter meant that I had a certain lack of adrenaline during games and so, small injuries tended to hamper my performance and I tended to pull up stiff more often before spells.

kallis fan said:
Liz,

I've stopped any development of any doosra for the time being.

It seems my straight arm when bowling stock balls is now bent.....

Your stock ball is your priority so, good decision. Get it back to standard and then try again, you will eventually be able to bowl both without impact on each other. Just keep up the good work.

Got a little session in about 30 mins.

Should I look to bowl off one step for the time being?

manee said:
I've been there. It is certainly a tough place. I found that the latter meant that I had a certain lack of adrenaline during games and so, small injuries tended to hamper my performance and I tended to pull up stiff more often before spells.

This downward spiral has occurred to many a top flight performer. The trick is finding a way to jet out of it. What were your strategies Manee? How did you get back on track?

kallis fan said:
Got a little session in about 30 mins.

Should I look to bowl off one step for the time being?

At your level KF, trust your body, go with what feels natural; some days its good, others need a different strategy.

Before you perform, take a deep breath, relax and feel where your force is coming from... just go for it; no analysis :D

Come back and let us know how it went.

Liz Ward said:
This downward spiral has occurred to many a top flight performer. The trick is finding a way to jet out of it. What were your strategies Manee? How did you get back on track?

I'm not too sure. I guess I have just had an increased will to improve this offseason. I have also made an ultimatum with myself to say that if I am not bowling either fast, or well, then I will look to become a spin bowler.

Well I'm reet frustrated.

Double booked they were...... :cursing:

I'm going to approach the subject with my father of possibly going to the astroturf at the ground tomorrow..... ;)

I am actually feeling quite positive at the moment.

I was in the form of my life last Tues - everything I did went right.....(despite a new quickie eager to impress bowling off 21 yards)

;)

I was in the 1st team lane and it is looking pretty decent for us this year. I will be batting 5/6 by the sounds and looks of it and this is the area I want to bat so all is well. My bowling may not be required too much - we have a decent offie and a capable new leggie.

I'm actually quite excited. ;)

Back