I can't blog

micoach

I can't blog

I have a blog and want to post my training but I get an error when I try:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at simplycricket.net Port 80

Any ideas?

Re: I can't blog

I'll have a look at it. If possible post the address of the page that gives you that error.

If it helps I can post short test text but the post I have is a bit longer and about 32 lines long.

OK update for you chaps.

I fiddled around and found it was being caused by a certain word.

I can't post that word here either because I get the same error.

The letters are c u r l

Dony you know whats curl? curl is a library in php. Its a sort of function. Whats happening in your case is that the curl function is being called on. This is the problem of the text parser. A parser is the algorithm used to trim and edit things entered. For example, when you enter [ quote], the parser parses it and knows to quote the text following. So in your case the parser is calling on the 'curl' function. Thats a bug, you know. You should probably contact SMF for it. Think of it and c and url, which will make more sense to what i am saying.

Hope my seamingly long post helped.
EDIT:
Hey! I must say your parser has more bugs. Like if one enters quote and without the ending /quote, it parses everything in quote!

Thanks for the help. It wasn't a bug in SMF though. The problem was with our host; I've sorted it now. I don't consider the problem you pointed out with quote thing as a bug. Its a feature more than anything else. SMF has lesser bugs than any other forum software.

Cheers no problems. Always ready for help.
Though by "more" i meant more than this one rather than more than other forum softwares.

Back