ICC World Cup Group D Game 1 - West Indies vs Pakistan at Kingston

Re: West Indies v Pakistan, Group D

Akmal out for a duck!
This match is over, West Indies will surely win now.
Bravo with a brilliant catch, Smith gets his third and is on a hat trick.

Re: ICC World Cup Group D Game 1 - West Indies vs Pakistan at Kingston

well, looks like the WIndies are going to pull it off.... unless Pakistan pull off a huge comeback. they are currently 7/158 with 47 balls remaining, 3 wickets to spare and needing 81 to win.

good 50 for Malik

That's a wrap, the Windies win the first match by 54 runs

Great match from the likes of Dwayne Smith, Bravo, Samuels, and all the West Indies bowlers.

Windies bowlers gave up a total of 4 extras!! That's a great stat.

*Starts Crying*

Man. If we can't beat the Windies, How are we gunna beat the Aussies !!

Who was that woman singing and provocatively jumping, dancing after the 8th Pakistan wicket fell (Rao), that the cameraman just wouldn't take his camera off for a loooooong time!!! :D If you watched the telecast, you know what I'm talking about.

Dis Windies side again eh? Dare I Hope?

Very disciplined with their bowling. Only conceded 2 wides and 2 legbyes and the ground fielding was amazing. Gayle is Gul's bunny. It's now painfully obvious. Something needs to be done about this.. now :mad: I have no idea what Shiv was trying to accomplish...Sarwan's 49 was too chancey and flukey but hopefully it will boost his confidence.Samuels was glorious and effortless, helped on by Lara whose knock of 37 was a beauty even tho shortlived. Ramdin was a disappointment in front the stumps, thank god he didn't screw things up behind it. And what to be said about Dwayne Smith...32 off 15 balls! And Colly's 6 off the last ball, bless my eyesight. That said, one can only wonder if they will keep this up, cuz you never know with these fellas. One swallow does not make a summer. I am tired of their inconsistency.

That said Pakistan's performance proves how much of a mental game this is. If you don't keep your nerves you will do rubbish and sabina is not a runs fest pitch. Several players gifted away wickets with the exception of the brilliant Malik. This guys needs to be further up the order, brilliant shots, refused to be dominated by the West Indies, a decent 50 from the young man but unfortunately for Pakistan he wasn't batting from both ends.

Finally, I am liking what I see from these pitches. Pitches that challenge batsmen. You won't be seeing many 300 + totals in this tournament. Perfect balance between bat and ball @|

Chandu;144144 said:
Who was that woman singing and provocatively jumping, dancing after the 8th Pakistan wicket fell (Rao), that the cameraman just wouldn't take his camera off for a loooooong time!!! :D If you watched the telecast, you know what I'm talking about.

You see it too? :D

Gorgeous women in the stands yesterday, and not only Jamaican women, I know for a fact Trinidad was well represented as well :cool:

Back