If A Batsmen Could Hit Every Ball For 4 Or 6?

Stumpyballs

G'day:)
The idea of cricket is of course to hit as many runs as possible and not get out.
So, as we get better at it, there must come a time where we get to this scenario below about batsmen.

If batsmen became good enough to hit nearly every ball for 6 or 4 and never get out?

A: Would you sit mesmerized for hours on end at each dispatched delivery
OR
B: Would you get bored shitless and want the rules changed to stop it happening.

As an example, Warner is getting towards that type of batsmen. And goodonim. He's a triffik entertaining batsman.
But if he did become the "perfect" run machine,.,without having to run because he could slog 6 after 6 or hit fours that couldn't be hit for 6, would you applaud him or get bored and want the rules changed to make scoring more unpredictable.
Do we want batsmen to became perfect striking 6 or 4 hitters
How good a batsmen do we want them to become?

It's all about being careful what ya wish for innit.
=============
The flip side is, how fast do we want bowlers to become?
"What If I Could Bowl At 130 Mph. Applauded Or Banned?"
http://www.bigcricket.com/community...ld-bowl-at-130-mph-banned-or-applauded.63939/

I think it would be exciting to see that if Dave warner could do that but it would get boring if every batsman in the world could hit every ball for 4 or 6. Warner is almost becoming the perfect batsmen. He can play T 20 ODI and he has now proven himself that he will be a great Test batsmen. It is hard to believe that he almost left New South Wales last year as he couldnt get a game in the sheffield shield side their.

He's not yet a great test batsman, nor is it certain he will be. Remember Phil Hughes? He scored twin tons against SA in his second match. Where is he now? Down at the job centre. Give Warner time.

Yeah good point. Same as Krejza took 12 wickets in his first match and now is playing for Tasmania but is finding it hard to play there now as Doherty is there main spinner.

He's not yet a great test batsman, nor is it certain he will be. Remember Phil Hughes? He scored twin tons against SA in his second match. Where is he now? Down at the job centre. Give Warner time.
Mate,.,You aint contributed in any way to what me thread is about.
Re read it and have a better crack at answering it.
I'll look forward to it.

I've just used Warner as an example.
This aint a thread for a dislike or like Warner fest.

I think it would be exciting to see that if Dave warner could do that but it would get boring if every batsman in the world could hit every ball for 4 or 6. Warner is almost becoming the perfect batsmen. He can play T 20 ODI and he has now proven himself that he will be a great Test batsmen. It is hard to believe that he almost left New South Wales last year as he couldnt get a game in the sheffield shield side their.

Mate,.,you started to give a thoughtful reply to my thread, then ya went off course.

It's not really much of a question though, because it is never going to happen. Bowling is evolving all the time just as batting is. It's not like StickCricket, you don't get bowled full tosses, half volleys, and long hops every ball. A yorker on leg stump followed up by one outside off is going to a) get the batsman into a mindset of blocking a yorker on the leg stump, so will almost definitely miss the follow-up ball, or b) make him try and premeditate a shot, which may (but equally may not) work. The time needed to process an incoming delivery, select your shot, and execute your shot from a 90mph delivery, is 0.4 seconds. To be able to pick up the length, line, and pace of a ball, and then move into the correct position to hit said ball for a boundary, one would need reflexes, coordination, and processing power about 3 times faster than what is currently possible. That, even with the best of both natural ability, and years of practice (one would need more than 30,000 hours of practice before they could do that, but by that time the person would be too old, as their reflexes, coordination, and processing powers diminish as they get older), is just about impossible...

It's not really much of a question though, because it is never going to happen. Bowling is evolving all the time just as batting is. It's not like StickCricket, you don't get bowled full tosses, half volleys, and long hops every ball. A yorker on leg stump followed up by one outside off is going to a) get the batsman into a mindset of blocking a yorker on the leg stump, so will almost definitely miss the follow-up ball, or b) make him try and premeditate a shot, which may (but equally may not) work. The time needed to process an incoming delivery, select your shot, and execute your shot from a 90mph delivery, is 0.4 seconds. To be able to pick up the length, line, and pace of a ball, and then move into the correct position to hit said ball for a boundary, one would need reflexes, coordination, and processing power about 3 times faster than what is currently possible. That, even with the best of both natural ability, and years of practice (one would need more than 30,000 hours of practice before they could do that, but by that time the person would be too old, as their reflexes, coordination, and processing powers diminish as they get older), is just about impossible...

Crikey,.,you still haven't answered me thread after writing all that stuff. I didn't write it to start a fuckin war with ya!
Mate,.,it's reasonable a question and I don't need you to start getting antsy with me by slinging "It's not really much of a question though" at me, and trying to to tear strips off my thread with all that frigging nonsense.

Maybe you've had trouble deciphering the title.
As I stated in the title "If A Batsmen Could Hit Every Ball For 4 Or 6?",.,
For 4 Or 6?,.,Can you understand it now,.,It means not every ball could be hit for a six.
But there aint no reason why each delivery that aint capable of being hammered over the fence can't find it's way to the boundary from a good enuff batsmen.

If you reckon it's not really much of a question then why the farkin heck are ya bothering to answer it.

PS,.,Do you ever have a larf, and what level of cricket have you or do you play.

Firstly, I said you could hit every ball for a boundary chap, not a 6. Just to make that clear! Also, well, you asked for an answer, so I answered you? The amount of wood needed at the bottom of a bat to hit a yorker for four, would mean you would need a) either a 3lb+ bat, b) a VERY light bat at the top, à la mongoose, or c) a very large amount of human strength, maybe even a combination of all 3. It is possible to hit a lot of balls for a boundary, but there are just some that you cannot physically do. In that situation, you would probably see the rules changed, allowing more bouncers, chucking, etc., but I just do not see it happening!

Firstly, I said you could hit every ball for a boundary chap, not a 6. Just to make that clear! Also, well, you asked for an answer, so I answered you? The amount of wood needed at the bottom of a bat to hit a yorker for four, would mean you would need a) either a 3lb+ bat, b) a VERY light bat at the top, à la mongoose, or c) a very large amount of human strength, maybe even a combination of all 3. It is possible to hit a lot of balls for a boundary, but there are just some that you cannot physically do. In that situation, you would probably see the rules changed, allowing more bouncers, chucking, etc., but I just do not see it happening!

Aye Tumo,.,Why are you stuck on this suedo scientific mumbo jumbo stuff.
Where the fuckn heck are you dragging it up from man. Itz unreal, you're a deadset fucken riot Tumo.
Yer a one off. No trukkin furriz bout that.
We aint got any daft geezers like you round here. Pity bout that becauase we dig jokers who crack us up as soon as they open their gobs.
The blokes up me local rubbiddy spluttered into their schooners after I gave em a gander at the first load of bollocky crap you wrote.
They'll start cackin emselves tonight when I chuck me lappy on the table.
I'd dig to get you down for one of our Sunday pub v pub games and a piss up. Just see how me mates take to being called chaps by a ning nong pommy barstard know all who's got tickets on himself. Specially after they've sunk a gutful. Our 2 quicks would luv to get a kookaburra flyin around ya noggin. Just to see you try and use your nutty calculations when they rip in.
After swiggin a few teef cleaners for brekky most of em are blotto by lunch time and ready for a stoush.
You'd be comedy fodder all friggin day.

Bouncing out,.,.,.,chappy;)

I'm not even going to rise to that. Troll much? Safe to say, I play at plenty a high enough level. I'm just using a little common sense. I've got a lot of knowledge on this background, don't worry!

I'm not even going to rise to that. Troll much? Safe to say, I play at plenty a high enough level. I'm just using a little common sense. I've got a lot of knowledge on this background, don't worry!

Listen up Tumo,.,You've got massive tickets on yerself sport.
So why don't ya tell every one here, these teams ya play for at "plenty a high enough level."
I doubt you will because you're a fraud, full of bullshit.

How come empty headed drongos always use the troll accusation to try and gain brownie points when they haven't got anything sensible to say from their vacant brains.

You know what? I'll take my sensible answers, like the one with all the statistics (Bob Woolmer's art and science of cricket, if you must know), and go back to the spin forums, where there are sensible debates! I'll leave you with my answer (for the second time!): if it happened, the laws would change to allow chucking, multiple bouncers, beamers, etc. Or leg side deliveries in one day cricket.

You know what? I'll take my sensible answers, like the one with all the statistics (Bob Woolmer's art and science of cricket, if you must know), and go back to the spin forums, where there are sensible debates! I'll leave you with my answer (for the second time!): if it happened, the laws would change to allow chucking, multiple bouncers, beamers, etc. Or leg side deliveries in one day cricket.

You're an arse sniffer who's plagiarizing other peoples stuff.

PS,.,I notice you haven't got the balls to us,"these teams ya play for at "plenty a high enough level."
As I said,.,you're a fraud, full of bullshit.
You're a boring prick,.,.,.,Sod off !

Well you can't make up stats, otherwise they wouldn't be stats, would they...? I gave you my answer too, I see you neglected it! I don't think it would affect the game, unless everyone gained the ability to do it. Also, please don't comment on me and my abilities without knowing me, you need some background knowledge, surely?

Well you can't make up stats, otherwise they wouldn't be stats, would they...? I gave you my answer too, I see you neglected it! I don't think it would affect the game, unless everyone gained the ability to do it. Also, please don't comment on me and my abilities without knowing me, you need some background knowledge, surely?

Hey drip snot, don't tell me what to do.This is my thread you're in.
You're the smart arse numb skull who called me a troll.
Yer a whinging big girls blouse and a fraud.
Bozos like you spout grandiose crap and then can't back up the statements. Tht's why you started a troll accusation.Yer a jerk. Tell us who you play for with your so called high grade level playing abilities. Put up or shut up. Or just sod off.
You've already exposed your self about plagiarizing.
You copy paste Woolmer's stats and info and then expect people to believe in your anonymous "I play at plenty a high enough level" waffling garbage.
And you are already now showing that you're a childish bore who always has to have the last word.
While trying to deflect the fact you are a talent less fraud

geez just stumbled into the batsmans forum, great quality you get in here!!! Tumo Im glad to return to the spin bowling with you.

The point that human beings are not machines would stop this from happening. The stamina would drop, lessening power and concentration. Have you ever had a slog in the nets and had a sore back at the end of it? Multiply that times over to see what it would be like to slog repetitively for 20 or 50 overs. Fun to do in video games, but i can never see it happening in a test, 50 over or 20 over game.

Back