Increase Aggressivness

Re: Increase Aggressivness

with the follow through it's just natural, just let your body take you... Ian ponts book says you should follow through half the distance of your run up, but the bowling coach i go seeing makes a big deal about shoulder rotation and he is probaly right because the deeper and more forceful you make your shoulders follow through you can't really meake your follow through end short with the momentum your bowling with.

About complaining, The problem is within my club (i reckon other clubs may have better bowling coaches), all the coaches are batsmen, but i don't want to leave because the clubs local to me contain a lot of idiots.

Re: Increase Aggressivness

i am a sling type bowler, where my torso coming down, not my shoulder, generates all the speed. it hurts my shoulder a bit, but i do only bowl a couple of overs an innings of pace. my follow through takes me almost at right angle with the popping crease with the amount of energy put through my chest going down, and since my balancing leg is the other side thats the direction i go. i jog very slowly up to the crease off of a long run up, mostly to get myself settled and concentrating.

we have to opposite with coaches. we have a mostly spin bowling/batting coach and a pace bowling coach. it just so happens that the batting coach isnt very good at batting or knowing how to. he basically tells us to play straight to everything, but doesnt tell us how or when.

Back