IPL makes ultimate money grabbing ploy

Ljp86

Staff member
IPL makes ultimate money grabbing ploy

IPL matches will now be 15 minutes longer after it was announced that a seven and a half minute break will be taken in each innings of every match. The break has been designed as a "tactical time out".

Patrons at the ground will be subjected to a live band for the entire seven and a half minute break while TV viewers will see the break divided up into three segments of two a half minutes each. Two of these will be dedicated to commerical purposes whilst the last segment will feature the teams taking drinks and discussing tactics.

The IPL have also told production teams that each match will have to feature 2000 seconds of advertisements (that's about 33 minutes). That means having 40 seconds of ads after every over and one minute of ads after a wicket. Production teams have described this demand as "impossible".

The IPL begins on March 18.

IPL matches to be extended by 15 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a load of shit. This is the biggest money grabbing ploy I've ever seen. Extending matches by 15 mins for commercial purposes is a load of crap. Whilst it would be interesting to see the tactics that teams employ. These new regulations mean that viewers could be subjected to approximately 40 minutes of ads per game which is an out-and-out joke.

The production teams are bang on is describing this as a revenue raiser. It is nothing more than that. The tactics part has been added as a last-minute thing to make the whole scenario about the tactical part of the game when in fact it is nothing more than a grab to get more money.

Pathetic form by the IPL. Every game is going to be shown live into Australia and I don't want to see 40 minutes of ads per game. What a joke.

Re: IPL makes ultimate money grabbing ploy

You it's a disgrace, don't think I'll even bother with it this year especially if the tournament still runs too long.

Re: IPL makes ultimate money grabbing ploy

If that 33 mins include the 15 mins break, then it might be possible, but otherwise, WTF?

Maybe it also has the inter-innings break included?

Back