Is it time for Vaughan to go?

Should Vaughan Resign as England Captain?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

mas cambios

Is it time for Vaughan to go?

All great leaderships come to an end, especially in cricket.

Vaughan has lead the the line for a good time now, and won the ultimate prize in 2005 with a great England team. However, since then injury and loss of form have hit both him and the team.

Is it time that he gave up the reigns to someone else or would be change for the sake of change?

If he does go, then who would replace him?

Re: Is it time for Vaughan to go?

It's a tough question - but at the current moment I think it has to be yes. The entire team seem to be out of touch and scrabbling for form. Sometimes change is good - might shake up the setup enough to get them back on track. If nothing else I'll bet it will take a weight off his shoulders and we may see a return to form for him.

If things continue as they are there's going to be a collision with the selectors at some point where they need to drop him on his playing form but can't as he is captain.

Having said that I'd give him the rest of this series to see if he can improve himself.

He has not been the same since he was made captain. His time has gone. The only problem is a lack of an obvious replacement as captain (there are ample batters waiting in the wings). The obvious replacemet is Strauss, but I'm not sure about him and he was overlooked for the Ashes in favour of Flintoff.

Injury and form are related to one another.
It is tough to get back in full flow after an injury.
So it will be to wait and watch during the current Test series vs South Africa.
Also who will be the ideal replacement- Paul Colingwood ????

Literally this minute Vaughan announced his resignation as england captain. He's also "taking a break from the game" so I guess that means he won't be playing at the Oval for sure.

Strauss would be an option becuase he bats better when he's captain and Cook might be a bit young atm, coupled with Flintoff struggling as captain in the past.

EDIT: Colly's gone too!!! I didn't see that coming but I suppose it makes it easier for the new man.

Back