Is Kallis the best allrounder ever

Who is the best and most genuine all rounder ever

• Total voters
Re: Is Kallis the best allrounder ever

fmr_13;322749 said:
I am struggling to comprehend how this list was thought up?
Anyone who doubts Sobers being the best all round of all time has got to be taking the piss.

You have got to be kidding!?! What a cheap insult. Just because you may not have been around to marvel at Sobers' boundless skill, doesn't make the current all-rounders any better. I didn't see him either, but if you pay any attention to the figures, footage and commentary on the bloke, no-one since could rival him for the title.
Botham could be picked for either discipline. Which was he better at?
Kallis is clearly a batsman first, and as BabyBlues said, he does that at his own pace. He may have gallantly tried to save a few with rear-guard 2nd innings stands, but try to list how many games Kallis has won by setting up a match with his batting ... let alone bowling.

kallis is an "average" builder, as in he keeps one eye on his wicket and the other on his average, slow and boring batsman who mostly gets his wickets because the batsmen are looking for runs after seeing of the opening bowlers and most of his dismisals are more from batting errors than class bowling. sobers by a mile for mine, kallis wouldnt get a game as ODI, twenty20. player just as a batsmen (not for Australia anyway), but sobers in my opinion would easily. im not saying kallis is a bad player, just shouldnt be compared with one of the 10 greatest players of all time. and remember the 10 greatest players evr include the likes of bradman, warne, richards and co, the oldies rave about sobers abilities with bat and ball, when your 70 yrs old do you think you"ll be raving about kallis?? i think not. also sobers didnt have the privalage of playing against the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, and if he did he"s bowling average would have improved a bit (and his batting average), he also bowled in an era where wickets would have been much harder to take with much slower run rates than we see today and very defensive batsmen, as a bowler kallis isnt great, and as a batsmen i reckon its how you make the runs in todays cricket, be it twnty20, ODI, even test
matches, he"s just to slow so i think his batting average flatters him a tad. also i see richard hadlee isnt on the list?? check the stats out. as good a bowler as kalis is a batsmen and as good a batsmen as kallis is a bowler, i would also take him before kallis.

bowling 22.29, 431 wickets
batting 27.16 3124 runs

Sober Symonds;330017 said:
You have got to be kidding!?! What a cheap insult. Just because you may not have been around to marvel at Sobers' boundless skill, doesn't make the current all-rounders any better. I didn't see him either, but if you pay any attention to the figures, footage and commentary on the bloke, no-one since could rival him for the title.
Botham could be picked for either discipline. Which was he better at?
Kallis is clearly a batsman first, and as BabyBlues said, he does that at his own pace. He may have gallantly tried to save a few with rear-guard 2nd innings stands, but try to list how many games Kallis has won by setting up a match with his batting ... let alone bowling.

Thats what he is saying, Sobers is the best All-Rounder of all time.

Back